Tournament(s) Discussion

Narz

keeping it real
What online tournaments are you a part of? Which ones are you thinking of joining in the future? Also feel free to share if you've created a tournament you'd like others to join (I'm thinking of creating a Bird Opening tourney & inviting others, specifically Mehmed). Lastly if you have tournament ideas you'd like to flesh out or if you want to create a tourney but can't because you lack premeium membership (and want someone here to create one for one) or if you want help making custom trophies ask about it here. :)

One's I'm active in now are first off, two random ones I joined spur of the moment : Pacman Tournament (haven't played well in it but I still will advance to the last round) and Caveman's Nightmare (which I clinched victory in :)).

Also, in WhiteEagle's JP Tournament in the final round with our col, another Col WhiteEagle accidentally invited & DaveShack & another tourney for a forum I occasionally post at where I'll be facing Colin again in the second & final round. There's also the King of Spring tourney I started a couple months back. I'm advancing to round two in that one also & hope to win one of my own trophies. :)

I was eliminated from the CFC tourney months ago by the illustrious Sashie (who I did not know as a chessplayer before the event began) and Yeekim (who I went 1-1 with but who beat Sashie one game). Though I'm out I'm looking forward to keeping up with round II. :)

If/when chess.com makes available any sort of shuffle chess (that's the fourth link on google when I searched for "shuffle chess" :D) I plan to start a huge shuffle chess tourney also.

I've been eliminated from both my own tournament and from the one from here, and I don't have a good win percentage right now, so I'm going to stay away from tournaments for a while.

I hosted a tournament which didn't have the minimum 5 games requirement, since that limit ticked me off when I first joined chess.com.

I'm playing in two thematics (Steinitz and Old Sicilian) and several regular ones.
I prefer tournaments with 1 game at a time per opponent, and section sizes 5 or fewer.
Speed is also a factor, 3 days per move is a good balance.

I have too many games at the moment.

I am in one of those tournaments where everyone plays everyone else twice at the same time.
I would not have joined if I had realised.

Also, second round of our annual tournament will start in the next month or so, and I won't be able to cope timewise probably..

I have too many games at the moment.

I am in one of those tournaments where everyone plays everyone else twice at the same time.
I would not have joined if I had realised.
Yeah, I played in a few like that (often that I created), group size of 12, both games starting at once so 22 games starting at once. :ack: No more. I don't like to have more than five or six games vs. 2000+'s going at once.

Also, second round of our annual tournament will start in the next month or so, and I won't be able to cope timewise probably..
Really, even at 14-days per move (plus vacation if necessary)?

Really, even at 14-days per move (plus vacation if necessary)?

Well, I can probably cope by moving very infrequently, but I don't like doing that to others.
I would be hopeless at blitz, I'd be focussed on the clock not the board.

I've played in all the CFC tournaments
Joint winner with Luce one year - lost to mehmed in the final last year.
I play for the England team in the World League - and for Lancashire in the English County league.

I won the Dragon tournament at Chess.com
Currently playing in a Sicilian tournament - and not doing so well ....

As a basic member, I can only play in one tournament at a time which at the moment is the CFC Annual. (I really should upgrade though.) I would however love to join a Bird's Opening tournament. That would be fun :D

As a basic member, I can only play in one tournament at a time which at the moment is the CFC Annual. (I really should upgrade though.) I would however love to join a Bird's Opening tournament. That would be fun :D
Well I will wait for the CFC tourney to end (by then I'll be :old: ) before I start a Bird tourney. Keep in mind I'll be giving away a free gold membership (that I got for signing up for Platinum way back when) to whoever wins the CFC tourney so play hard. :)

Well I will wait for the CFC tourney to end (by then I'll be :old: ) before I start a Bird tourney. Keep in mind I'll be giving away a free gold membership (that I got for signing up for Platinum way back when) to whoever wins the CFC tourney so play hard. :)
Why this foundness for poultry?
As for tournaments, I am also only a basic member. I am comfortable with that. Don't have so much time and inclination for playing chess at the internet anyway.
But of course, I might change my mind should I win this one..:D

Well I will wait for the CFC tourney to end (by then I'll be :old: ) before I start a Bird tourney.
I'd recommend starting the thematic anyway since you'll need the wider chess.com crowd to fill it up. Then you can make the one after the CFC tourney a normal start.

I'm tempted to upgrade to platinum to be able to host a multi-round.

I'd recommend starting the thematic anyway since you'll need the wider chess.com crowd to fill it up. Then you can make the one after the CFC tourney a normal start.
Ok, I will just start one.

I'm tempted to upgrade to platinum to be able to host a multi-round.
That's why I made the jump. For the CFC tourney.

I'm not going to join this one. I'm trying to raise my rating before I crash headlong into another tournament.

Top Bottom