[C3C] Trainers/Utilities... for the Steam edition

Synobun

Deity
Hello everyone. It's been a long while since I've posted here! Still many familiar faces which is nice to see.

I moved across the country a couple years ago and didn't have enough room to bring along my retail discs. So, instead, I've got myself the Steam version of Civ 3 Complete. I've always played single player with a trainer from Deviance and I was looking forward to using this trainer again... only to discover that the retail trainers do not work with the Steam edition.

I've tested this with multiple trainers as well as Cheat Engine. None of them work with the Steam edition, either doing nothing, finding no values, or crashing the trainer. Looking on Cheat Happens, there doesn't seem to be a Steam-specific trainer on their site.

I guess my question is... has this problem been rectified yet for any trainers or utilities? The Steam edition has been out for a handful of years and the modding community is still fairly active but my search on both CFC and Google has come up empty. Are there really no Steam-compatible trainers or utilities out there?

The only solution I've found that works is to replace your "Complete" exe named Civ3Conquests located in \Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\Conquests with a cracked C3C 1.22 exe, then you start the game and powerbar works. A other trainers should work too but powerbar is the most powerful. You could also replace the one in the Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete folder and not jump into the Conquest folder, either works. And it's basically backed up already because of that fact.

Hopefully they don't delete my post. Not exactly promoting anything illegal just a way to get around a limitation of what we've already paid for on Steam.

Firaxis did that No-CD-Patch themselves for public use many years ago and without that patch done by Firaxis all Civ 3 and C3C disc-versions they have sold to the public would not be useable any longer for Windows versions Win 7 to Win 10 as the support of SecuRom was cancelled in these versions of Windows.

Top Bottom