Triver's LH gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give them. Don't worry. Everything is OK.

:bump:
Just my usual request: please upload your unreleased LHs, as you said before you will
Thanks

I bought a new computer last month. I lose my "USB flash drive" with all my LHs. I also lose a part of my soul with it.

Why did you delete all your leaderheads from the database?

That doesn't mean you have to delete them.
You can release them as "V2".
Now I can't find some of your leaderheads,but I can find them in mods that I downloaded.

This is just bullsh*t, guys, don't even bother with it
Den/Triver intentionally removed and not wanted to release any of his LHs in the last ~half year
This lost flash drive - even if it's true, what I seriously doubt - doesn't change anything
We wouldn't have gotten any of those leaders either way...

Do you really need my LH's?-No. I can count mods with my lhs. 1-4 mods (1 or two lh's). I make them for you, not for me. What a fool I am!
even if it's true
It's true.

Do you really need my LH's?-No.

Yes, I would have needed them
I asked for 2 of your unreleased LHs at least 5 times during the last year
I wanted to add them in RFCE, would have suited the mod very much

It's true.

I'm sorry if it's true
But that's still not the cause why we didn't get your LHs

Do you really need my LH's?-No. I can count mods with my lhs. 1-4 mods (1 or two lh's).

So, four people here need you (at min.)
Their mods have maybe 1000 downloads, maybe more.
At least 4000 people have played a mod with one of your LHs, and they enjoyed it.
Are you really disappointed about that?

I make them for you, not for me. What a fool I am!

Seriously, I don't believe you. All your LHs together needed too much time. You wouldn't have invested that much time if you didn't like to do them.

Obviously you should post them, leaving/retiring/whatever without posting your works (finished or not) is bad form. It is selfish, especially when you have received A LOT of help from people here (including myself) not to mention the fact that it isn't really your property to begin with since you have modified pre-existing models and skins. So you sort of have an obligation to post what you have.

Unless you want to be selfish...

You know we really want those LH's. I kind of understand you if you don't want to post them, but you really should. There will always be criticism of every artists work (per example: the David Statue in Florence/Firenze, where the person who ordered it to be built said that the nose was too big, so Michelangelo pretended to work on the nose, without actually changing the statue, and afterwards that person said the statue looked fine), so my point is, don't listen to those few sh*tbag jerks, but instead concentrate on what the majority, us say about your work. We like it, we really like it, and we would love to use it ourselves. If you don't want to, I respect that, but I would really love if you released them, or at least could upload some as attachements to posts here :)

It is a hobby. He doesn't owe you people anything.

I want to realese them. My flash drive is behind the bookcase. And I can't get it out.

It is a hobby. He doesn't owe you people anything.

Indeed
I'm just saying it has nothing to do with that corrupted drive
He had months to do anything with the LHs before the files were lost, while everyone was asking him nicely to finally release them

So it was his choice to not release those LHs, we agree about this
But this was tied together with the fact that he was showing those previews of WIP projects and pics of the finished LHs all along
What was that all about? Only bragging about them or what??
If he was doing that while he never intended to release them - which seems to be the case - then he is just a huge ....... :gripe:

I want to realese them. My flash drive is behind the bookcase. And I can't get it out.

Pfff, I should probably finish commenting here, I can't really bear this thread anymore :crazyeye:

Den, there is need for your LHs, it seems everyone (would have) liked them, so you should release them
But if you don't want to, then at least stop telling us nonsense about them

You need to step away from the keyboard and relax. He doesn't owe you anything. He doesn't even owe you an explanation. Personally, I regret releasing any LH artwork and will never do it again. I enjoy the making of them, I just hate seeing them used and voted down; or used without getting any credit.

You need to step away from the keyboard and relax. He doesn't owe you anything. He doesn't even owe you an explanation. Personally, I regret releasing any LH artwork and will never do it again. I enjoy the making of them, I just hate seeing them used and voted down; or used without getting any credit.

Heh, I'm absolutely calm and relaxed
Never said he owes me anything, read again my previous posts in this thread - or at least the ones on this page ;)

Hey guys, let's take a step back and focus on the basics. There are two points of interest:
1. The leaderheads Triver / Den already made have been deleted.
2. The leaderheads he wanted to make are still not released. (I can't tell whether it's true what he says or not and even if he would have decided not to continue his work, I would have to accept. So I don't see any other chance then believe him.)

Besides of Triver, nobody can do anything about point 2, but we all might help regarding point 1. And even if Triver doesn't continue his work, solving point 1 would be worth the work. I could reupload your Béla that I didn't alter besides of changing the shader setup to that known from Firaxis leaderheads (which you couldn't do via Blender and which doesn't affect the leaderheads look). I could give civilopedia texts in english and german though. The question is, I think, if Triver would be fine with this. In this case, I would upload it to mediafire, from where Triver could download it and reupload it to civfanatics filedb where it would be save. What would be of help is a list of all deleted leaderheads that could be done by Triver in first place. If you would set it up, please update the first post of this thread. Besides of this, there's nothing else I could do since I didn't download any other leaderhead from Triver, I think. Yet we might be able to get more LHs from mods and other users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom