Trivial Things That Annoy You About Civ 5

-Hall of Fame and the end game sucks
-the game making that annoying noise when someone builds a great wonder
-the Ottoman and German special abilities suck. I play with mods to make them better
-Permanent War with City states
-Cap on Barb xp
-Not being able to put great people on top of workers

"...tiny things that get on your tits?" That's a new one lol.

Ramses' lower legs and feet, ughhh can't stand them.

Oh those little chicken feet? I know.

AHHHH! I thought I was the only one that noticed! On the note of LHs...Genghis Khan riding Bucephalus. arrrgggg....lazy modelers...

Also, I agree on the narrator. I understand he's supposed to sound epic and wise, but it's just really annoying...and there's no way to skip it.

Both left-click AND right-click will execute a go-to command for moving a unit.

I often use go-to just to preview how long it will take a unit to move somewhere, particularly in combat situations. Apparently I picked up the habit (from Civ 4?) of using the mouse button to cancel an unfavorable go-to move... and in Civ 5 my unit goes off running all willy-nilly exactly when I don't want it to... sometimes to a random spot on the map, because I moved the mouse before "canceling." Ugh.

-Grendel

If you have 2 units out in the early game, you finish off the turn with your scout, and then the game has to jump 20 tiles to show your warrior, while it's the scouts turn to move?

Am I mistaken by this?

If you have 2 units out in the early game, you finish off the turn with your scout, and then the game has to jump 20 tiles to show your warrior, while it's the scouts turn to move

On a related note, if I have a worker selected and click on the nearest city to determine what improvement he should add next... when I come out of the city screen it catapults me across the map and selects a completely different unit. Drives me mad.

5. Having to press end turn twice. Once when I want to end the turn, then again after it cycles through units it didn't cycle through in the turn proper.

Thank you, I though it was just me.

But I know now to look at the active big button, which says who is active.

So annoying, especially at war...but let's not whinge and whine, the patch will fix it.

Haha!

The misspelled "friendship," in the release of their new and improved diplo.

Friendship not Frienship.

It's on one of the negative (red) opinions like "You declared frienship with a guy we don't like!"

That I can use the mosue for everything in the game except for getting out of the Civlopedia. For that I have to pick up my keyboard.

I also miss the building animations for when wonders are built.

I enjoyed the game more before I came to the CFC forums and saw how many people hate it. I feel like it'll go the same way as OF: Dragon Rising on XBox...

I enjoyed the game more before I came to the CFC forums and saw how many people hate it. I feel like it'll go the same way as OF: Dragon Rising on XBox...

I'm curious...Is this a case of you realizing annoying things that you didn't notice before? Or is it just a downer seeing so many people who disagree with you?

I am annoyed that barbarians NEVER seem to heal;

but I am VERY FRUSTRATED that non-military units cannot pass through any foreign units.

I'm curious...Is this a case of you realizing annoying things that you didn't notice before? Or is it just a downer seeing so many people who disagree with you?
It's the realization that since so many people hate this game, it may die. Just like OFDR died when MW2 came out.

Did they really call him 'Frank' Kafka?
I hadn't noticed that before

-When you click on Mods from the main screen you always have to click accept to the disclaimer.
-The main screen when you have a mod loaded does not tell you what mod you have loaded. You have to go into the load mod screen and check which one you have highlighted.
-When you quit to the main menu from a Mod game you have to load the mod again
-City states spam me with quests even after the early game is done. I don't care about eliminating some city state on the other side of the continent, stop bugging me!!!
-There's no ingame option to disable the opening movie. And once you disable it in the ini file you just get a blank screen and no loading bar.
-My custom game settings are not being saved from game to game. I have to set no goody huts, allow protmotion saving etc. on EVERY game I start.
-When you zoom out in strategic view you cannot see what your cities are building and how fast they're growing.
-There still is no way to plan out where you set your cities. In the BUG mod for civ4 you can place a city radius on the map to see which resources you'll cover. This should have been implemented in civ2 but it is still not in the main game.
-The scroll speed for the mouse wheel is incredibly slow when you're scrolling through the what to build frame inside a city
-Rivers are obstructed in strategic view by a unit's border.

I could go on and on. This game was released waaaay too early. Its really sad that even a legendary franchise like civilization can be forced to release early.

Top Bottom