Trun your CivIII Conquests into a whole new game! (new:45 Units/33Techs/1Gov)

omarshaheen

Veteran
This is the Conquests Version of the PTW Mod/Scenario "It's a whole new game! (new:45 Units/33Techs/1Gov)"

This scenario (and mod.) is an enhanced version of Civ III Conquests which should allow for more exciting and more challenging gameplay. The modification has 45 new units with loads of exciting new features, resources, as well as 33 new technologies with their associated buildings, and a new government system. The scenario itself (modified marla's world map) is set just before the industrial age, and benefits from all unit/tech additions, though those who reach the Modern/Future Era will have many surprises, not least of which are Future era units such as Annihilators, Cyborgs, Drop Ships,… (Just check your Civileopedia ;)) and totally new unit concepts that should make this balanced map a joy to play whether for single or multiplayer games.

To Install: Download ALL 9 zip files below, and UNZIP All files into the scenarios folder under your Civ III Conquests directory, the path for expansion should be as follows:
…\ CIV3\Conquests\Conquests\
Non of your original files will be replaced so you can answer yes to all prompts (they are all related to the new scenario folder).

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Civ3_Expanded1_p1e.zip (Patched.v1e)
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Civ3_Expanded_Units1.1.zip
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Civ3_Expanded_Units2.zip
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Civ3_Expanded_Units3.zip
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Civ3_Expanded_Units4.zip
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Civ3_Expanded_Units5.zip
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Civ3_Expanded_Units6.zip
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Civ3_Expanded_Units7.zip
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Civ3_Expanded_Units8.zip

Upgrading from PTW Version:
Those who have the older version of this scenario need to download only the first file, but make sure expand the PTW version in your conquests directory before extracting the first file "CivIII_Expanded".

Remarks:
- Note: Loading and configuring the scenario for the first time takes from 20 to 40 minutes on an Intel PIV 2GHz mobile processor (That’s why you’re advised to save the game before you start playing). However, once configured the game will take less than 3 minutes a turn for AI moves.

- To edit the scenario settings: Run Civ3_Expanded.biq (Path above):
You can run this file using the CivIII conquests editor, in case you want to change some rules to suit your taste.

- Run Civilization III Conquests and choose Load “Conquest”: “CivIII_Expanded”

===================================

The Making of this Mod/Scenario:
A long title, and a very long development time, actually this is by far the most time consuming scenario that I have ever built for a sequel of my favorite game. It actually took me about a year and a half! Though, of course I actually worked on it only a third of this period. I’ve been playing Civ. Since its first version (Early 90s) and ever since then new versions never seem to disappoint.
Anyway, when I started I had an idea for a scenario set in the beginning of the Industrial Era and extend into the modern era while having some new units and techs. Well that was my initial intention, yet eventually I ended up making a whole new modification to the game’s rules and techs with 45 new units, 33 new techs, 3 new Improvements, a new government system, and a handful of tweaks to make the AI much more challenging, and you be the judge.

==================================

The Geopolitical Landscape:
This scenario contains most of the civilizations that shaped the world as we know it today. Each of these civilizations had a peak point some time back in history, to make a world wide scenario interesting and challenging for everybody I combined all the great civilizations which controlled the earth in the beginning of the industrial age. I also included some of the modern world nations such as Brazil, and Australia, in order to make the game more challenging and also to limit the power of some civilizations.
The size of each of these civs vary from 1 city to over 60 cities! but notice that corruption has very limited effect, that's why I decided to increase production cost of ALL units.
===================================
General Rules:
I have noticed that the AI tends to use drastic measures which in many cases ruin the game, such as drafting huge number of citizens from cities when defending them, causing huge population losses, thus I simply removed the option of drafting citizens. I also tweaked several game aspects specifically civilization behavior to get AI controlled civs to behave in a manner that would make them more competitive. Of course if you don’t like the new behavior, you can tweak it as you please.
====================================
Technologies: You don’t really get to play up till the modern era; actually in effect you’ll be playing in a future era once you discover the original default technologies defined in the game. The Middle ages have one extra technology, the Industrial Era has 9 new technologies and the Modern Era comes with 23 new technologies.
Units: This is the real blockbuster! I’ll leave that as a surprise, so simply load the game and check your civiliopedia’s list to uncover what’s waiting for you with the discovery of new techs. I have to mention though that in order to make the new units more appreciated I changed some of the properties of the original units, basically making them more specialized. For instance, a Carrier has been modified to carry 3 air units only (instead of 4), while a nuclear carrier can carry up to 6 air units, and has a longer range.
Cities: The number of cities is very large, actually it is 512 cities, so you cannot build any more cities (unless of course you raise an enemy city first!), Computer controlled civs. shall not produce any settlers, and shall not attempt to build any more cities (unless a city or more has been lost).

Designer: Omar Shaheen
omarshaheen@yahoo.com
omarshaheen@hotmail.com
omar.shaheen@memscap.com

All rights reserved (May 2004)

You have to wait for the scenario to configure, it takes 40Min on a PIV 2GHz. and could take longer depending on the choice of civ., during this time you should not work on your PC. This is only required when you configure your game for the first time.

omarshaheen said:
You have to wait for the scenario to configure, it takes 40Min on a PIV 2GHz. and could take longer depending on the choice of civ., during this time you should not work on your PC. This is only required when you configure your game for the first time.

40 minutes? On a top-end computer? Please say this is a joke.

Unfortunately it IS true!! If you don't want to wait you can import another map, but this will mean loosing the scenario (you'll get to keep the mod only).
This scenario has numerous cities something like 500!!! that's why it takes a long time to configure, why? I think you should ask the game developers! :)

omarshaheen said:
Unfortunately it IS true!! If you don't want to wait you can import another map, but this will mean loosing the scenario (you'll get to keep the mod only).
This scenario has numerous cities something like 500!!! that's why it takes a long time to configure, why? I think you should ask the game developers! :)
Can you make the same mod without the scenario ?

It's very simple, To use the Mod only do as follows:

- Open the "Civ3_Expanded.biq" using the Civ3 Editor.
- Select from your toolbar: Map> Generate Map
- When prompted customize world settings as you please. then press OK
-Save and Exit.

omarshaheen said:
It's very simple, To use the Mod only do as follows:

- Open the "Civ3_Expanded.biq" using the Civ3 Editor.
- Select from your toolbar: Map> Generate Map
- When prompted customize world settings as you please. then press OK
-Save and Exit.
Thanks a lot, i will try it now !!!

I recieved this error while playing your mod ... How do I fix it?

btw great mod :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,887
This seems to be one of the new civ conquests units, that's why it will be missing if you import this mod into a default Civ. Conquests Scenario. here's how to fix it (I'll be posting a patch as well shortly):

Go to the path specified (in the error message) and open the PediaIcons.txt file:
Search for: "ANIMNAME_PRTO_Stl_Str_Bomber"
Add the following lines to the end of the animation list:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Trebuchet
Trebuchet

The same applies to the TOW Infantry, on that note. A ICON_PRTO_* entry might perhaps be reasonable too.

You're definitly right, that's why I thought its better to wait a little before patching the pediaicons.txt file...
Both missing entries are due to the PTW origin of the Mod.
Now, to have a completely correct file (regarding Icons and animation file paths) I will be posting a new pediaicons.txt file to solve these or any other potential problems.
I initially thought that a scenario would refer to the default pediaicons.txt before checking the scenario specific folders, but it seems that this is not the case because units that come with Civ3 Conquests are the ones producing the errors.

Thanx alot, I will be waiting for the patch. One more question, I could not play the scenario that came with the mod because of the long wait times between turns. So I started my own map and began in the ancient age. The AI seems to have trouble researching - will this end? I have given out techs so that I might have some competition in the medival age. I am also playing at deity.

Long wait times during the early stages of the scenario are due to Civs building new cities, they will continue to do so for some time and eventually they will stop. Building a city will cause a delay of about a couple of minutes, to prevent that you can "DISABLE SETTLERS", by deselecting them for all civs.
On the other hand I can't really explain why AI players won't research in your new scenario, anyway in this patch I have added flavors to link all civs to all techs, maybe this will solve your problem.
This patch also has fixed the following problems:
- Error messeges resulting from missing unit entries in pediaicons.txt (Resorted to the original Civ3 Conquests file)
- Missmatch in some leader heads fixed.
- Adjusted unit cost (it was too cheap at first because shield cost is not multiplied by 10 in Conquests)
- Removed two Units: Annihilators (6000 Shield) and Heavy MechWarriors (2400 Shield), cost can not be scaled down without affecting the balance with respect to other units. Will add them later once an updated civ3Editor allows for such shield cost values.

Expand the zip file to your conquests directory:

Attachments

• Civ3_Expanded_Patch1.zip
    154.5 KB · Views: 475
Top Bottom