[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Just played a game on the Large Europe map using the 60 civ dll with about 45-50 civs, no city states (with added tsl for custom civs of course). Obviously, most civs was very crammed together with almost no room for nearby expansion. The result was that almost every central/easten european civ ended up founding cities north of Russia/Finland. I guess that's to be expected of the AI, but maybe it would help if the map was larger.
So my question; how long until the huge and giant europe maps are released? Since the maps are included in the downloaded map pack - just not playable in-game - do you have a list of things needed for the map to become playable?

Hello,

So if I add the 43 civ start to the BNW with it show up in the Worldbuilder map utility?

Just played a game on the Large Europe map using the 60 civ dll with about 45-50 civs, no city states (with added tsl for custom civs of course). Obviously, most civs was very crammed together with almost no room for nearby expansion. The result was that almost every central/easten european civ ended up founding cities north of Russia/Finland. I guess that's to be expected of the AI, but maybe it would help if the map was larger.
So my question; how long until the huge and giant europe maps are released? Since the maps are included in the downloaded map pack - just not playable in-game - do you have a list of things needed for the map to become playable?
Everything... Except the maps themselves, but even for that part, usually I edit them while looking for the TSL.

Note that after the basic editions (terrain, forest, rivers, etc...) the final configuration of the maps (TSL, resources exclusions/placement) is done via Lua and custom tables defined in XML, not the WorldBuilder.

Hello,

So if I add the 43 civ start to the BNW with it show up in the Worldbuilder map utility?

nop, AFAIK there is no way to raise the max number of players in the WB.

Thanks Gedemon, that explains the CivilizationsStartPos.xml.

On the GEM, Civ Carthage starts at (18,52). Minor Civ Carthage starts at (18,51). Just thought you might like to know in case it could mess anything up.

Austria (24,65)
Budapest (25,65)

Gedemon PLEASE explain me how to assign accurate religions to civilizations on game start???I am playing your Giant Earth with 43 civ and I want to religions to be accurate.India - Hinduism,Arabia - Islam...

quick question about the codeiform map.
When I choose it and I add civilizations, they are not with tsl.
So you must play with 12 to get tsl or am I doing something wrong?

What about a Small TSL Earth ?

Hey, I wanted to ask: Are you going to make bigger Earth (or separated World regions) maps? Because with new mod civilizations the map is too crowd :D

So is anyone else having the no-aluminum bug? Last time I played, WAY later in the game a random mound of aluminum appeared in North America...it was the only one. In my current game, I started from the Ancient Era, thinking that perhaps it was the skipped eras causing a problem...no luck.

Also, I've still been having the non-stop zooming-in on leaderscreens. Totally hilarious, but still a bug.

Oh, and Gedemon, this 60-civilization thing is a blast - thank you!

Will you Gedemon continue to work on giant earth map so it can be perfect?There are some problems with that map and it would be great if you finish your great work

I'm having trouble starting this MOD. It seems to extract just fine from the MOD menu, however after I click on next, while it shows the Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack, it does not give me a "next" button, to where I can then go on to single player and select a custom game. The only option I have is to go back, which of course takes me back to the regular game. I am simply missing something silly here? Did I maybe do something wrong? I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. If anyone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

First off I have to thank you for an excellent map. I am using the huge earth map for the last few days and it has rekindled my interest in playing Civ V. Well done !

I also have experienced the random lump of Aluminum and also have now in two games that I have played found a lack of bonus resources other than Deer or fish. In my current game only one source of Wheat on the entire map.

The map also seems to have an over abundance of luxury resources. There will be clumps of them spanning up to seven tiles.

Can this be fixed?

Again, thanks for an overall excellent map.

Hi guys.

I don't seem to be able to reach the Single Player -> Custom Game from MODs menu.

When I click on MODs from the main menu, I have Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack enabled (checked). Then I click Next, the Configuring Game Data and then I am taken to the same home menu as usual. No Custom Game section under Single Player is available there.

My version of Civ is 1.0.3.18 and I have Brand New World Expansion Pack installed.

If I just do a normal Set Up Game after clicking Next in the Mods menu, I have the correct map (it seems like it at least, Earth is selected as a target map), but the starting locations are wrong.
Please advise. Thanks.

I'm not quite sure where to submit bugs, so I'll do it here.

When I try to start a new game with the mod (Only YnAEP), I get three options; Single Player, Custom Game and Multiplayer/Hotseat. When I press Custom Game, it says "UNKNOWN NUMBER OF PLAYERS. (SELECT MAP SIZE TO EDIT THE NUMBER OF PLAYES)", and the place where you choose map type, pace, difficulty and starting era are blank. I can go in and select one, but it doesn't show.

If I start the game, the game crashes. In the LUA info, it says

[439249.328] Runtime Error: C:\Users\(NAME)\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22)\GameSetup/YnaemSetup.lua:607: attempt to index local 'info' (a nil value)

Could someone help?

(Edit: Removed personal information)

if I start the mod w/ any change, it works (it has 22 civs then and 32 city states), if I add more civs (up to 40), the game gives CTD while loading.

Have right .dll active, GuK, BnW, Win7/64, 16 GB Ram, NIVIDIA GX780 4GB Vram

what is wrong?
:confused:

Hi guys.

I don't seem to be able to reach the Single Player -> Custom Game from MODs menu.

When I click on MODs from the main menu, I have Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack enabled (checked). Then I click Next, the Configuring Game Data and then I am taken to the same home menu as usual. No Custom Game section under Single Player is available there.

My version of Civ is 1.0.3.18 and I have Brand New World Expansion Pack installed.

If I just do a normal Set Up Game after clicking Next in the Mods menu, I have the correct map (it seems like it at least, Earth is selected as a target map), but the starting locations are wrong.
Please advise. Thanks.

I'm not quite sure where to submit bugs, so I'll do it here.

When I try to start a new game with the mod (Only YnAEP), I get three options; Single Player, Custom Game and Multiplayer/Hotseat. When I press Custom Game, it says "UNKNOWN NUMBER OF PLAYERS. (SELECT MAP SIZE TO EDIT THE NUMBER OF PLAYES)", and the place where you choose map type, pace, difficulty and starting era are blank. I can go in and select one, but it doesn't show.

If I start the game, the game crashes. In the LUA info, it says

[439249.328] Runtime Error: C:\Users\(NAME)\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22)\GameSetup/YnaemSetup.lua:607: attempt to index local 'info' (a nil value)

Could someone help?

(Edit: Removed personal information)

if I start the mod w/ any change, it works (it has 22 civs then and 32 city states), if I add more civs (up to 40), the game gives CTD while loading.

Have right .dll active, GuK, BnW, Win7/64, 16 GB Ram, NIVIDIA GX780 4GB Vram

what is wrong?
:confused:

I'd like your full lua.log please.

Top Bottom