1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by Gedemon, Nov 8, 2010.

1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

YnAEMP updated:

• Shoshone TSL moved on the Giant Earth, Americas, and Pacific maps, as per noncasus' advice
    • Uluru added to the Pacific map
    • Issue with CSs not working with the default maps fixed

Download in the original update post above (or via my signature).

2. noncasus

noncasus Chieftain

I've got Ottawa, Canada at 154x 71y on Giant Map(using the colonialist compatibility patch). Plenty of room for them to settle north :mischief:

3. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

I'd prefer they be elsewhere, but I'm ok with them staying at those coords.

Sure! I also recall Pouakai wanting to upscale Tonga and Easter Island too.

Spoiler :

Basically, Mountain moved a tile to the south, and a Small River to the South.

4. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Just to let people know, I'm adding internal TSL support for Hiram's CSs in his expanded CS mod, so hopefully Hiram doesn't start (hahahahahahahaha... 80~ City-states, I don't blame him). I'll also add a few extras to fill in the maps (like Aegea and British Isles) that otherwise have none. But I won't add as many as I did previously, as I don't want to take away options for custom civs that replace CSs.

5. damnyankees

damnyankees Warlord

Ever since I updated to the updated YnAEMP, when I go to create a new custom game, I can't select any custom civs. The only civs available to me are those that come with the core game. All custom civs (including JFD's and all the other ones) are available when I play a normal game, but not in YnAEMP.

Any ideas?

6. thatmclovinkid

thatmclovinkid Chieftain

I just installed the YNAEMP mod and i have a lot of custom civs installed made by Colonialist Legacies and a few by JFD. Now most of the custom civs are showing up in the selection menu, and their TSL are accurate, but Australia, Mexico and Canada won't show up in the selection menu, but they show up in the menu when I'm not using YNAEMP. I know there's a patch for YNAEMP to get custom civs to work, but I can't figure out where to install the patch, the installation instructions are non existent :/ any help would be much appreciated! :D

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Dunno. I've no trouble (for my civs at least). Remember that only the default maps - Giant, Huge, Standard Earth, and Large Europe have widespread support. The newest maps are only supported, so far, by a select few, so custom civs won't appear for those ones. Otherwise, your database log might tell you more; you can post that to me and can see what's up.

CL civs don't have TSL internally integrated, but apparently will soon. In the meantime, the patch that you need to use should be dropped into your My Games/Sid Meiers Civilization V/MODS folder and activated like any other mod (it should install automatically). And that patch you can find here

8. thatmclovinkid

thatmclovinkid Chieftain

All the CL civs that Ive tested have started in their true locations :) (I tried Mexico, Australia and Vietnam) Canada being the only civ that still isn't showing up on the selection list, I'm guessing there's no support for that one?

9. noncasus

noncasus Chieftain

You're gonna need this patch instead ;)

10. spendabuck

spendabuck Chieftain

This question may have already been answered, but what would happen if I were to play as the Aztecs or another non-European civilization on the standard Europe map? Would you get placed randomly?

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

12. GeneralSecura

GeneralSecura Chieftain

13. RedZXC

RedZXC Chieftain

Whenever I try to download the patch for JFD's civs it says the file has been moved or deleted. Is anyone else having this problem?

14. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

JFD's civs are compatible by default. You don't need the patch.

15. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

Er...Shaka appears to be starting in the middle of the ocean on the large Africa map. May I suggest 45, 12 as alternate coordinates?

16. GeneralSecura

GeneralSecura Chieftain

I noticed that when playing a game on the Africa map, I never once encountered Shaka even though I did put him in the game. What you are saying would explain what happened to him.

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

I'd be happy to help with TSL coordinates for stuff like Hiram's city states.

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

20. Teproc

Teproc King

I just had Indonesia spawn in the Large Europe map, despite having it set to only TSL (they spawned somewhere in Russia). I had a bunch of mods enabled, but I'm not sure what could cause it ?