1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by Gedemon, Nov 8, 2010.

1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

That's - perhaps unfortunately - normal behaviour. There is no option to set it up so that only major civs with TSL spawn, without choosing what civs actually fill the player slots. So if there is a random slot, it'll still get filled by any civ.

2. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I could have sworn earlier versions had something in it to prevent that from happening?

3. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

I don't think so. The version before JFD started working on it certainly had it, as I ended up with Japan in Turkey.

4. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

I'm pretty sure it did at some point. Looking through the code (for the tenth time I think) I can also see a function that should delete any civ not having a tsl on the selected map.

It works the same way with City-States. All CS not having a TSL on the chosen map will be deleted before civ placement.

I'll look through the code once more, and see if I can somehow pinpoint the place something goes wrong - and maybe fix it (but probably not :sad:)

EDIT: just checked the code. There's a table being created in YnaemLoading (called "toRemove"), in which all minor civs with no TSL are being placed, and then removed. This doesn't seem to be the case with major civs as far as I can tell. There is a function that checks if a major civs have a coordinate in TSL table for the respective maps, but the ones that don't have a tsl, do not get removed as with the minor civs.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

All that I can find in that regard is the code to kill America or Brazil if the option is enabled (though I don't recall for which map). It wouldn't be hard to implement a function that did kill civs without TSL, but that doesn't sound like a good way to go about it, as then you'd just end up with less civs.

6. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Maybe have it as an option, like the "Only TSL" option for city states? That way people who want the full number of civs don't need to have it, but people who want a historical game can activate it?

7. Teproc

Teproc King

I actually thought that the "Only TSL" thing did this, both for civs and CSes.

It's certainly something I would love to have if it's not too much of a hassle to add, in the meantime I'll just have to set all the civs, but it takes away some of the fun of exploring.

8. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

Almost done with Asian city states. Does anyone know where on Earth 'Tyr' is? Googling brings up Norse mythology.

9. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Add Russia to your Tyr search and you'll probably get more helpful results

10. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

Thanks! A lot of these Asian city states are Russian, I should have guessed.

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Well, just lost my work on Hiram's TSL, so if you want to do all of them be my guest :p

So here's the YnAEMP update:

• Scaled up Rapa Nui and added Isla Sala y Gomez on the Giant Earth map
    • Adjusted Australia on Giant Earth map as per TPangolin's request
    • Corrected issue with GreatestEarth map table, which may fix issues reported in the CP subforum
    • Corrected Zulu TSL on the Africa map
    • Removed TSL values for my civs on the Giant Earth map, to prevent incompatibility, and for custom civs on Appennine, South Pacific, and South East Asia
    • Added option to set "Only TSL" and "Totally Random" for major civs, akin to the CS option

Download

12. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

Sure I'll do them. I'm putting them all on a spreadsheet, with coordinates for each of the maps they appear on. I'll PM you a download link when I'm done.

13. PR0927

PR0927 Warlord

JFD, thanks so much for updating YnAEMP! I play this pretty much exclusively.

I was wondering about the resource bug with aluminum - it was basically not appearing when I'd checked all of the special resource options (large deposits, special starts, true placement, riche amount, etc.). When I changed some of those options (no special starts or true placement, and only normal amount), then aluminum ended up showing up again.

I found a similar dynamic to exist with the More Luxuries mod - the prior set of options limited their appearance, while the latter included them healthily.

Also, of course, bison and cocoa weren't appearing, but you've remedied that (though the latter set of options I just mentioned DID include them as well).

I was playing with 62 civilizations, if that helps at all, on the giant map. Was using whoward69's .dll mod because I wanted to use his other mods as well.

14. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

I was having very very sparse resources on the Giant Earth map too last night, and I had all the resource boxes checked. I had the silk, horses, and fish near Seoul, and one whale on the other side of the peninsula. After that, the nearest luxury was about 20 tiles away in the middle of China.

15. Teproc

Teproc King

I would love to help giving TSL for the new maps, but everytime I open an YnAEMP in the WOrldbuilder it crashes :(

16. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

That's strange. What exactly are you doing to open it?

17. Teproc

Teproc King

I click "Load Map" and double click on, say, Aegean.Civ5Map in My Games > Sid Meier's Civilization V > MODS > Yet (not) Another Earth Map Packs (v23)

This is the log I get :
    Spoiler :

Application: World Builder
    User: Unkown (Not an in-house user.)
    Time: Wednesday 28/01/2015 18:55:28

Runtime: 32 bit
    Machine: ULURU

Exception: System.AccessViolationException
    Source: WorldBuilderEngine
    Thread: Main Thread
    Description: Tentative de lecture ou d'écriture de mémoire protégée. Cela indique souvent qu'une autre mémoire est endommagée.

Stack Trace:
    à FireGrafix.CRenderer9.Render(CRenderer9* , IDirect3DSwapChain9* )

à RenderWindowManager.Render(RenderWindowManager* , HRenderWindow hRenderWnd)

à FGXWinformsRendering.FGXControlRendering.Render(UInt32 hRenderWindow)

à FGXWinformsRendering.FGXControl.OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmEraseBkgnd(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

18. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

Weird. Try opening it without load map, i.e. just double click on the file in windows explorer.

19. Teproc

Teproc King

Huh, that worked ! Thanks !

20. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

Glad it worked, even if I've no idea why!