[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

The setup screen says 24. I counted the city states listed MinorCivStartPos.xml, and when you subtract the ones who don't longer exist if you have both expansions and no mods you get 24. So the numbers add up, unless the game picks for example vanilla city state Edinburgh and then realises it doesn't exist.

There's like 40-something city states.

Yes, but not all are located in Europe. ;) If I were playing the world map I wouldn't bother to have all Italian city-states because that would be waaay to crowded. But on the Europe map there is at least 1 tile of space between all start locations.

I tried to delete the reference to city-states that don't exist in the starting locations for Europe Large map but only Genoa, Milan and Florence showed up in the Northern Italy area this time, so that did nothing to fix it. It's like the game won't allow more than three out of five to spawn at the same time. And in addition to that I haven't even had a look at other city-state crowded areas such as Phoenica (Tyre/Sidon/Byblos) to see if they all show up.

I tried playing the Mediterranean map that was added by JFD instead and my conclusion: something is up with city states in YnAEMP.

On this map there is more than plenty of space for everyone. "Don't check" was my setting for CS separation so logically none should have been deleted but as you can see in the screenshot below, neither Genoa or Milan showed up. Monaco made the cut though as you can see their purple borders to the west.

Spoiler screenshot :

(Also, Florence has the wrong coordinates on this particular map. :p)

Could anyone explain this:

Playing as Venice on Europe Large. All civs except for Rome, and all city states (no modded civs/CS). Edited GlobalDefines so that Min City Range is zero = no distance required between cities. Checked the setting for checking city state distance to "Don't Check" since everyone should be able to settle now with zero distance between cities.

Yet still, only either Florence or Vatican City, and either Genoa or Milan+Monaco ever get spawned. Why is that? I have set the game to not delete close city states, and on top of that I edited the defines so that they both should be able to settle.

Is there any other third check that is made despite the fact that all CS should be able to exist with my game conditions? Because my Scout explored to the east and in the Balkans both Ragusa and Belgrade existed, and they had less than 3 tiles between their capitals so Min City Range set to 0 must have worked because otherwise they wouldn't be settled so close.

Why can't I have all four Italian city states and Monaco at the same time? It makes no sense.

City-States are assigned randomly, and we have no control over what city-states are placed. In the mod, when TSL is selected for CSs, what happens is CSs which do not have TSL co-ordinates are deleted - however, this does not replace the deleted CSs with replacements that do have TSL co-ordinates. Hence, you'll usually wind up with less CSs that selected on non-Earth maps.

The setup screen says 24. I counted the city states listed MinorCivStartPos.xml, and when you subtract the ones who don't longer exist if you have both expansions and no mods you get 24. So the numbers add up, unless the game picks for example vanilla city state Edinburgh and then realises it doesn't exist.

Edit: (as JFD says, I should have refreshed before posting) It's exactly what happens, the game (civ5) pick the CS randomly from the Database (like Edinburgh) then the mod (YnAEMP) use what the game has selected to fill it's map, ignoring those that it can't place (like Edinburgh, who may have stolen the place of a Mediterranean CS in your case)

If you want a selection fitting the map exactly, you'll have to write a small mod to remove all CS you don't need from the game, that's the only way (short of a DLL mod maybe)

If you want a selection fitting the map exactly, you'll have to write a small mod to remove all CS you don't need from the game, that's the only way (short of a DLL mod maybe)
Didn't you create such a mod at some point called something like European CS only?

Yes, but now that you mention it, IIRC there was a problem when too many CS were removed, I don't know if it has been fixed by one of the patches since.

WARNING: this map is literally huge. You better use more then ten civs to fill it....

Well, that's not really the map I want then :p, I'm wondering if there's one for 10 civs

Hi, just a humble request here.

Can JFD or Gedemon add a river in SOuth CHina (where Hong Kong locates) in the Giant Earth Map?

that river is far larger than some of their European counterparts and is providing water for billions of people.

Hey, I"m just wondering what happens if you have two civs with the same starting location and they are both randomly selected to be in the game?

Can JFD or Gedemon add a river in SOuth CHina (where Hong Kong locates) in the Giant Earth Map?

There are no bisons in YnAEMP v23 Giant Earth map

Coral is also missing in my YnAEMP v23 Giant Earth map

You can edit the "Earth_Giant_blank.Civ5Map" with the official Civ5-WorldBuilder and add specific ressources or rivers by hand. Be sure to make a backup of the original map and also to make a backup of the edited map to not accidently loose your work when going back to the original map.

There is a problem with the Caribbean map, I started a game as england and there was only one other country that spawned in with me... settings where default

additionally if I set my civ as random the game will crash while using the Caribbean map.
These issues are specific to the caribbean map

There is a problem on the interaction of mods EnAEMP and DLL - Various Mod Components. If both are connected fashion, it becomes impossible to set Number of city-states. Sadness. :( I would very much like the interaction of these mods plus your patch to it to show the leaders of civilization. Mr. whoward69 makes a very good fashion, but their use is required DLL - Various Mod Components, and he at me, nothing will.

Top Bottom