[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

On another note; I'm currently working on a Dynamic City Naming plugin for YnAEMP. The idea is to add specific city names to plots rather getting the names from the civilizations' city list.
Currently I'm trying to get it to work with the Giant Earth map (and of course my one Giant Europe map, which can be used with Gedemon's YnAEMP), since that seems to be people's favorite.

As of right now, it's fairly simple: if any civilization at any time in any era founds a city on say plot (x,y) that city will be named "((x,y),city_name)". Only a fraction of the map is covered (primarily europe), so if anyone wants to contribute with city names and the respective coordinates, it'll be most welcome.
In time I think it would be cool to add some era specific city names to some plots, and possibly other features as well.

@Danmascsch. Any idea for my problem with world congress? I posted another post in the previous page. Thank you in advance for the help :)

@Danmascsch. Any idea for my problem with world congress? I posted another post in the previous page. Thank you in advance for the help :)
I don't really have any idea, but the obvious thing to do is try again with all unnecessary mods uninstalled (that is; disable all mods besides the ynaemp, the 60 civ dll , the leader scene fix and the additional custom civs you are going to use in the game).

Also, start either a new game or load a game a few turns before the problem occurs. Play as usual and when you run into the problem, check your log files for errors or post them here (if you don't know how, check WHoward's how-to threads)
I'll take a look if you like, but I can't guarantee that I can do anything.

Lastly, which custom civs are you using? I don't really think it matters much, but you never know..

Thanks for the 43 and 63 Civ dll files. Any chance of getting a 53 Civ file?

Want more than 43 Civs, but also want more than 3 City States.

Hi. I've been searching for this answer on google, in the forums, using search function, etc. So I apologize if the answer is out there somewhere -- can't find it.

I just downloaded Hulfgar for BNW today. I also have YNAEMP (Yet Not Another Earth Map Pack). Those are the only two mods I have. I had been using YNAEMP without any issues.

However, when trying to start a custom game through YNAEMP (which is what you need to do to have true starting location) and using Hulfgar, no resources (not iron, not cows, not horses, not gold, not silver, nothing) will show up.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I read a post from a few years ago that there might be some issue between YNAEMP and Hulfgar (or maybe there isn't -- I have no idea). I'm not sure what the current state of this issue is.

Can anyone help me? I'd like to give Hulfgar a shot while using TSL. And I definitely want to continue to use YNAEMP. I'd like to use them together. Thanks!

Can anyone help me? I'd like to give Hulfgar a shot while using TSL. And I definitely want to continue to use YNAEMP. I'd like to use them together. Thanks!

Hi Valhallan,

I seem to remember others experiencing similar problems though I can't find the specific posts.
I don't know anything about Hulfgar's mod; does it add resources? In that case, maybe try changing the load order of the mods, such that YnAEMP is loaded last.

Well, I tried to load YnAEMP first and then Hulfgar. No luck.

I tried to load Hulfgar first and then YnAEMP. No luck.

I am able to load JUST YnAEMP and start up a game, save the map, exit to main menu, load JUST Hulfgar and load the saved map. Resources appear but the TSL doesn't work.

Does anyone have an idea? I'd love to use both and I know it can be done. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

little help...which file I need to edit to chose CSs that will spawn at startup?

So I've been facing the no-aluminum bug forever now. Would be infinitely grateful to anyone who could help me fix this problem. Aluminum just doesn't spawn on the map - I've had dozens of plays like this, with cache and logs cleared and all. Sometimes literally ONE aluminum tile will spawn on the entire map (giant variant).

Any input or ideas?

I'm having the exact same problem. And the funny thing is if there is 23 civs in the game, the world congress button doesn't work but once I delete one civ using IGE the world congress screen pops up in half a second. It has something to do with the fact that there's exactly one too many civs on the screen.

I'm having the exact same problem. And the funny thing is if there is 23 civs in the game, the world congress button doesn't work but once I delete one civ using IGE the world congress screen pops up in half a second. It has something to do with the fact that there's exactly one too many civs on the screen.
I know some experience this, but I do not know why. It works for me - even with up to 60 civs.

Maybe you could recreate the problem and post your log files. I'm not sure I can do any thing, but maybe I can shred some light on what's causing the problem.

Of course, before that, you should be sure that the problem still occurs when only the having the absolutely necessary mods activated. :D

Seeing as Gedemon has been absent for some time, and with thanks to Danmacsch, I've been able to add some more maps to the mod: Apennines (Evanescence) and East Asia (not sure of the original author of this one). Included in the mod is the addition of a number of new city-states to go with the maps - though, unfortunately, there's no way to choose what CSs are included in any given game. Internal support is included for all relevant civs listed in the Civlisation Index. In time, I intend to add more maps, as well as additional support for applicable civs that crop up.

The mod also includes Danmacsch's Giant Europe map.

South Pacific was intended to be included, but the TSL values are inexplicably not working, and I can see no reason as to why this would be.

Download

South Pacific was intended to be included, but the TSL values are inexplicably not working, and I can see no reason as to why this would be.

I'm not sure as I haven't tested it yet, but I think this is caused when the regions defined in "Resource_SouthPacificRegionPosition" doesn't cover the entire map. At least I seem to recall the same happened for me when testing the Giant Europe map and that making sure the map was covered by regions fixed it.

Too bad. I'll take a look at the Defines lua in a moment, though it probably won't help much.

EDIT: Got it to work! :D

Missing entries in YnaempTables.xml. Here's an updated version of the file.

EDIT2: Nope, just forget it. My settler just happened to spawn around the respective civs TSL. Sorry.

The lua.log file gives this: YnaemInGame: "Mapcheck was negative, do nothing"
which is written by the function function FinalizeYnaem () in the YnaemInGame.lua (line 96-145).
The statement ("MapChecked", "false") in the beginning of the function is caused by something in the function function InitializeYnaem in the YnaemLoading.lua (line 576-657). As far as I can see this happens because the South Pacific map isn't confirmed by the function CheckMap (same file, line 170-179).
If this is the case, which I can't really see why it would be, it has to do with Map.GetGridSize.

Don't know if that is of any help, but in case I think what's causing the error is happening somewhere in YnaemLoading.lua file.

Seeing as Gedemon has been absent for some time, and with thanks to Danmacsch, I've been able to add some more maps to the mod: Apennines (Evanescence) and East Asia (not sure of the original author of this one). Included in the mod is the addition of a number of new city-states to go with the maps - though, unfortunately, there's no way to choose what CSs are included in any given game. Internal support is included for all relevant civs listed in the Civlisation Index. In time, I intend to add more maps, as well as additional support for applicable civs that crop up.

The mod also includes Danmacsch's Giant Europe map.

Download
Will that conflict with the more mercantile mod?
And... can you give me a spoiler and tell me what are the new CSs? Pleeeeeease?:):):)

Top Bottom