[BTS] [RFC/DoC] Turks! The Scourge of the East!

Wow! I can't believe I missed this story thus far. Nice job conquering Europe by the way:goodjob:. Got much father than the real-life Ottoman Empire did. Following this one, definitely after the excellent "Stars and Stripes forever" story. Anyone know how to subscribe to a thread?

Lol, oddly enough I just started a Star Trek: The Original Series Marathon after getting seasons 1-3 on blu-ray, and "The Naked Time" was one of the episodes I watched yesterday.

"The Naked Time" was one of the episodes I watched yesterday.
I'll always see it as a waste that TOS did not have more of en "ensemble cast" approach the way TNG did. (Of course, such a show would have been that much harder to sell to NBC or anyone, and Shatner was given such a sweet contract -- twice the pay even of Nimoy! -- so...)

Gruekiller, as you said, shame about your Greeks. As for the Franks, though, go ahead and kick their plots!

Just read everything and waiting for more.

The rich cities of the Mediterranean were the first targets of the Turks, striking west from Lombardy and sacking Nice, Marseilles, and Narbonne. The forces of the Duke of Burgundy rode to meet the Turks and stop their advance up the Rhone. Following a brutal razing of Dijon, the Ottoman horde moves north toward the Ile-de-France. Trapped along the Seine between twin hordes moving north from Burgundy and west from the Rhineland, the French army was crushed, and eastern France quickly subjugated.

French resistance fell apart, with small coastal enclaves in Brittany and Aquitaine lingering on for several months, but in a matter of a year, France had been absorbed into the Ottoman fold, and Iberia and Britain stood prostrate in the face of the greatest military machine the world had yet seen.

At the same time, squeezing past Spanish coastal positions, Turkish explorers sought a route west to open a new invasion route to India. Badly misjudging the circumference of the planet, the Turkish expeditionary force found itself instead on uncharted soil.

Needless to say, the natives were not particularly amused, and soon made the fatal mistake of attacking the Turkish horde in an attempt to drive it off. The local Mexica were subsequently run over roughshod by the warhorses of the Turks, and their capital at Tenochtitlan-Mexico was taken.

The lands of the Ottoman Horde of the Great Soltan in the late 16th Century, just prior to the collapse of Ottoman authority in Eurasia.

But even as a colonial headquarters was established in the newly-rechristened city of Mexico, trouble brewed at home. With the lands of Europe depopulated and devastated by the Turkish invasions, and the Ottoman horde's primary strength committed to attacks across the Channel and Pyrenees, nationalist revolts began to brew, and mass desertions of garrisons began. Raids and internecine conflict rose to a fever pitch as the peoples of the territories of the Ottoman Horde. Finally, the last Great Soltan, Mehmet the Fat, died a lonely death in the near-ruined Blachernae Palace in Konstantiniyye, and the anarchy was complete.

The collapse of the Turks.

However, halfway across the planet in the newly-conquered territories of Mexico, one vestige of order and Ottoman authority remained. Murad IV Osmanoglu, a minor prince of the Osmanid family, had led the armies there to victory against the Triple Alliance. Even as other Turkish tribes and oppressed locals made their own states in Europe, the Ottoman dynasty continued in the form of the rulers of what was soon to be the proud Turkish Empire of the Americas.

In a more immediate consequence of the end of the collapse (and far more tragic for the peoples of the Americas and, some day, the Orient), there was now a Moslem horde loose in the Valley of Mexico.

Well that's a story twist I don't think any of us expected:D. Great job! It appears you now the Turkish Kingdom of Southern Mexico:goodjob:.

Take over usa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well.... that is some unconventional game play.

Interesting... let's see how this plays out.

Top Bottom