1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 131 - 50 AD

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Cheetah, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

So, are we attacking next turn or will it be the turn after that?

2. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

We will be crossing the border as soon as we recieve the save.
    Any acctual combat will not be commenced before GCA recieves the save afterwards.

One question though, if GCA has forces on a mountain, fortified or not fortified, will it be wise to attack them?

3. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

We shouldn't attack mountain forces with a defense of 2 or greater.

We should concentrate on cities.

4. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Precisely. Move into a position to threaten the city, and those forces in the mountain will have to decide to attack us or move into the city to defend it.

Also, remember to try and keep at least two units grouped together at all times, so you can right-click on the stack and select Fortify All from the shortcut menu. This can be done even after they have moved.

5. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Well, it happened. Gamcatcher didn't let this incident go unnoticed. It's war, again.

6. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

WOHO :D

Now lets see if they have hidden away some large armies outside their cities...

7. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

What incident? Did word reach them of our recent acts of espionage?

To my knowledge, we haven't done anything to incite them, yet. Of course, I'm not in the loop like I used to be. ;)

8. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Yes we have.

We violated the treaty about offensive units one-tile buffer sone from the borders. I believe I have mentioned it some times.

9. Bootstoots

Anarchy said something about a surprise to our north. Though I don't think they were telling the truth, it might be prudent to have our northern swordsman scout the area out to see if there's anything up there.

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Hmm, as Minister of Defense, we should keep an watchfull eye up there and fill them with extra defenses. I would like to see more Pikes being built for defense in all border cities.

11. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

A surprise to our north??

What can they possibly have there? Don't tell me they have moved an invasion force over the sea and into our northern lands, while being masacred by Apolyton! :p

12. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    We can send an extra sword or a crack unit we dont have any use for up there to scout it out.

13. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

It is unlikely they will find anything within reasonable time. Still, if it is wanted, we have an Archer and a Catapult in Yun Quiling (the iron city). They are currently heading east, but we can direct them to the north if that is desirable...

14. Bootstoots

We do have a sword already in the north.

15. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

This is almost comical. What serious threat can they pose to us from any direction other than Balance of Power? And, we're about to fall for it. :crazyeye:

First, the likelihood that they have somehow managed to circumnavigate Poly's Immortal Horde is darn near impossible. Also, one must ask the question "why". There is no purpose for this maneuver, especially since Poly represents a real and genuine threat to their very survival.

Second, let us assume that they have somehow constructed a navy of galleys that are equipped with Swordsmen ready and waiting to land on our shores and sack our capitol. Chances are, that our pike defenders can handle any number of troops they may have in such an expeditionary force. Considering that our military advisor has informed us that their military is relatively weaker than ours, I find this possibility extremely remote.

The more likely conclusion from this "threat" is that it is nothing more than a last-ditch attempt to keep CFC from devoting our full military might (as meager as it may be) against their western holdings. If they can somehow convince us to direct some of our forces to the north, then it gives them a chance to successfully defend themselves against whatever we do throw their way.

This statement, in conjunction with their recent sharing of their chat room conversation, actually have had the reverse effect on this citizen. I am encouraged and more confident about an attack than I was before. We should definitely march on their cities at once!

I propose that we position one unit (preferably one that's obsolete) in a strategic position to the north of our lands in such a way as to serve as an advance scout. Simply fortify him in a location that would be nearly impossible for any enemy units to pass by unnoticed and he shall warn us in sufficient time of any threat from our rear while we march on GCA.

Other than that, we should throw our full force into this fight and soon. Let us seize the day!

16. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

And I ask again. Shall I send our archer and catapult to scout for anything?

17. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Not tha catapault at least...

18. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

NO. They just try to fool us. Maybe they referred to GWT, hmmm.

19. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Their forces are weaker than ours, and it is focused towards 'Poly. They dont expect us. No need for scouting, just killing.

20. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yes. GBM is right. massacre them, with no doubt they are cheating and trying to fool us.