Turn Discussion Thread

Orion to SE, warrior to NE seems best. Warrior should turn around so that it is on turn 51 in the hills 1SE from flood plains city. From this position it takes 6 turns to get there. I think we can take 3 more moves before heading back.

Edit: actually turn 52 might be enough. Because then the settler and warrior, would be in the hill same time. in this case warrior could do 4 moves before it has to return. However I prefer that warrior has a turn to check the fog before settler gets there and like more 3 turns alternative.

Interesting that we seem to be far to the north. Although it could be just that the mapmaker was using some "artistic license" - there's no 100% guarantee that this map will play out like a logical map script. ;)

Orion to SE, warrior to NE seems best.
Agreed. :)

Worker seems reasonable as the next build choice.

Again I change my opinion. I think Orion should go SW.

I did go and check and it seems highly likely that fogged tiles east from our warrior are both desert. Basically no matter what they are they won't change our plans. Furthermore these tiles will be revealed when our warrior arrives in to the area. Therefore we can reveal more intresting tiles by going SW.

I still like the idea of unfogging closer tiles before more distant ones. Also, there's the (slight) possibility of discovering an interesting resource in the 2 fogged tiles closest to us. Besides, it's not really very much of a detour even if it turns out the tiles are indeed useless desert.

I still like the idea of unfogging closer tiles before more distant ones. Also, there's the (slight) possibility of discovering an interesting resource in the 2 fogged tiles closest to us. Besides, it's not really very much of a detour even if it turns out the tiles are indeed useless desert.

Agreed with.

Ok. Naturally this is not a big deal and I'm clearly outvoted here so original plan is still valid. However that doesn't change my opinion. Here are my main reasoning:
* desert tiles will be revealed soon enough, when warrior/settler travels there. If there is something really good hidden we've time to change our plans accordingly
* By going SW we can continue to SW and reveal a more tiles and do it by being in safer tiles (hills/forests)

Well, we certainly revealed something interesting... an Oasis. Not that it should change our plans much, in the near future, but it's still good to know for future city site planning. :)

Nothing much interesting to the north.

Next turn... I suggest if we can see that the lion is a safe distance away, Orion moves NE onto the Oasis to reveal the remaining tile (90% chance it's just desert, but good to check anyway). If we can't be sure of where the lion is, let's move SW to be on the safe side.

As for the northern Warrior, shall we continue to head NE? :)

By the way, we probably should have done some micromanaging to get a few extra overflow hammers on the Worker. The 5 food overflow from last turn's growth is kind of useless, since we won't be growing beyond size 5 anytime soon. But never mind, it's not a big deal. ;)

By the way, we probably should have done some micromanaging to get a few extra overflow hammers on the Worker. The 5 food overflow from last turn's growth is kind of useless, since we won't be growing beyond size 5 anytime soon. But never mind, it's not a big deal. ;)

This is totally new level of micromanagement to me. I didn't even consider this possibility.

I considered this now. We probably want to work high commerce tiles all the time so only thing we could've done differently is to switch 1 Flood plains tile to Forestdplainshill. This would've brought 3 more hammers, but lost 3 food and 1 commerce. Only if these 3 hammers would give us some of the workers or settler earlier this would be beneficial. Otherwise the excess food can be used later when building Oracle.

Well, we certainly revealed something interesting... an Oasis. Not that it should change our plans much, in the near future, but it's still good to know for future city site planning. :)

Nothing much interesting to the north.

Next turn... I suggest if we can see that the lion is a safe distance away, Orion moves NE onto the Oasis to reveal the remaining tile (90% chance it's just desert, but good to check anyway). If we can't be sure of where the lion is, let's move SW to be on the safe side.

As for the northern Warrior, shall we continue to head NE? :)

Oasis: not great, but useful. We probably should consider moving flood plains city 1W and plant another city to utilize the remaining flood plains in the east. Of course if we're plannig to make flood plains city as our bureacracy capital this transfer wouldn't make sense, but otherwise I think these 2 cities would be stronger than 1 especially during the early game, when the population is low in the cities.

If I understood correctly, DMOC would be advocating moving the warrior already closer to our capital. I'm not certain how big risk we're taking if we don't do it (barb event is probably only real threat). Even if I like to play it safe I think we can take at least 1 step to NE and then start to go back.

I like to send Orion SW and my reasoning hasn't changed. Desert tile is revealed soon enough and there are unrevealed more interesting tiles SW from Orion.

If I understood correctly, DMOC would be advocating moving the warrior already closer to our capital. I'm not certain how big risk we're taking if we don't do it (barb event is probably only real threat). Even if I like to play it safe I think we can take at least 1 step to NE and then start to go back.
If the barb event occurs, we're dead regardless of whether we bring the warrior back or not. So I wouldn't worry about it. ;) (Actually, someone would probably intervene with the save file to remove the barbarians in that case, since it'd be decidedly unfun if one whole team to get wiped off the map by barbarians this early in the game.)

I vote move Orion SW this turn. (should have gone SW last turn but ehhh its okay) Second warrior should probably go NE one more time before heading back, huh? Want to see the tiles around the crab to see if there are any tundra resources worth settling near.

I changed my mind and decide that the northern warrior should go 1 NE one more time. But after that, let's head him back home for sure.

As for Orion, I would like SW, as I have never seen two oasi (is this plural for oasis?) next to each other on a CIV map. However, this is not a standard map, so the decision is up for debate. In the end, I leave it to the turn player to decide since it is not a very significant one since no matter what, Orion will be able to get to the second city site and fog-bust.

I changed my mind and decide that the northern warrior should go 1 NE one more time. But after that, let's head him back home for sure.

As for Orion, I would like SW, as I have never seen two oasi (is this plural for oasis?) next to each other on a CIV map. However, this is not a standard map, so the decision is up for debate. In the end, I leave it to the turn player to decide since it is not a very significant one since no matter what, Orion will be able to get to the second city site and fog-bust.

Personally I don't see why those batches of fog are important to bust right now. I mean we're going to see what's there pretty soon, once the settler is en route. It's not nessecary to delay Orion.

The oasis is kinda cool though, expecially since we're financial. Not worth moving that floodplain city, but maybe it can get squeezed in with the cows.

As for Orion, I would like SW, as I have never seen two oasi (is this plural for oasis?) next to each other on a CIV map. However, this is not a standard map, so the decision is up for debate.
I think I now know enough about Sullla that I can safely bet we won't see two of them together. ;)

The oasis is kinda cool though, expecially since we're financial. Not worth moving that floodplain city, but maybe it can get squeezed in with the cows.
Indeed, combining the oasis with the the cows seems like a good idea.

And what's the plural for oasis? :lol:

Oases?

Edit: Just looked it up, yep.
Cool. :) Wouldn't have picked that, but I guess it makes sense logically.

Second cottage finished. Silver discovered in the north! :)

Orion moved SW to be safe, as I couldn't see the lion. SW next turn?

Northern Warrior to keep exploring (NW), or head back? It'd be nice to know if there's anything else near that Silver... that'll be a city we'll want before too long, for the happiness benefit.

Great. Happines boost with silver and decent small city site that can utilise both silver tiles and crab and possibly some coastal tiles.

We probably would like to see both what is on NW and W from our warrior. I would take a one more turn and go NW with our Warrior before heading back.

I like to be on the safe side and would go W with Orion.

Top Bottom