Turn Discussion

Attacking the CDZ is a very tempting prospect. First, we need to improve the espionage ratio with Amazon, so that a large-ish military buildup will go unnoticed. However, we should do it slowly at first, because if our military is in fact larger than CDZ's and we can get Amazon support, we should be able to conquer CDZ without too much trouble. However, when it comes time to attack either Sirius or betray Amazon to get across the domination limit, we will need our actions to be covert.

Hello Caledorn and all other Quatronia members.

Caledorn,

I just got permitted to the thread and have been looking through the thread for ~15 minutes, but can I go in-game to get a better look at the current situation? (I will name myself "Caledorn" as to not alarm the other teams).

By the way Pulsar may want to simply build culture as opposed to a temple and so long as it has 10 units it will never flip.

Welcome to the team Slaze! And thanks for joining up with us!

Of course you may connect to the game if you feel like it. Do as you please in regards to the nick, it's perfectly okay by me if you use Caledorn as your nickname while connected. :)

That may indeed be the best idea for Pulsar (I have to admit, I had totally forgot about that option). If you connect and the city haven't been set to it, feel free to change it to Culture production. :)

Oh, sorry. It's in this thread. :)

But just to make it easier:

Game Login Password: T34M{q}4theWIN (case sensitive)

Sec Bureaus are probably a good idea (after hammer buildings). This game is a little odd in that investment in science is almost irrelevant until whenever the ETTT breaks. In my (not very experienced) view, it looks like it's going to be a hammer game.

What's the anticipated benefit of spreading the foreign corps beyond Pulsar? Is anywhere else actually losing tiles to culture? Or do the sums work out for it to give us a significant cash and hammer advantage? Because corp costs are cash out of our pockets while putting cash into our competitors' Market+Grocer+Bank+Wall Street pockets. We should be very strategic about which ones we spread.

Keeping a few foreign corp execs around might be a good idea, but I'm not sure it is to our advantage actually to deploy them, unless we either want to to a deal with one of the neighbours, asymmetrically advantage one competitor against another, or hook someone as being financially dependent upon us (threat of switching to community property and nixing all their corps putting a big dent in their cash flow).

You make very good points there, whb! Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

There is only one city that is looking to be in danger of maybe losing a tile or two, and that is the very southern city. However, I am unaware of the amount of culture produced in the CDZian city there, and on account of culture I propose we do civic changes and spend 2 turns in revolution.

The civics I propose we change to are : Universal Suffrage (From Representation - since Science is largely irrelevant anyways), Free Speech (From Nationhood - a warmongering civic does seem pointless at this point, and the +100% culture would certainly make a big difference!) and Emancipation (From Slavery - Slavery seems pointless too now, and the other civs are running Emancipation so we are getting penalties).

Please give your thoughts on this, as I think we should change these civics as soon as possible. I may be wrong about the choices though, so advice would certainly be welcome! :)

Daft question (purely my ignorance, I'm not fully up to speed). Are we in Decentralization because we're looking to go to State Property or Environmentalism when they're available, or should we think about going to Free Market too?

Not a daft question at all. I have no idea why I evaded that one, because of course I should have included Free Market in the suggestions too...

On Sid's Sushi Co:

We will benefit quite a bit from spreading this corp to our cities, as we have a sea food heavy economy. At the same time, if we do this, we will be boosting Team Amazons economy by each and every city we spread the Corporation to. Team Amazon has requested that we do not spread the Corporation to any of the other two teams (which I find strange - does anyone have any thoughts on why the Amazons have requested this?), which is a request I personally think is fair and something we should definitely honour.

I propose that we spread Sid's Sushi Co to all our cities on the main continent to get a culture boost to all those cities. Doing so also gives us leverage in a closer cooperation with Team Amazon as we will be directly fueling their economy by doing so, and if we are to have any hopes of attaining a higher rank than 4th in this game, I think we need to rely on the cooperation of Team Amazon if we intend to perform military operations.

With that said, the prospect of military actions is a bit frightening to me. I have little to no experience with warmongering, as my favored victory paths in single player games have always been the non-war ones. The only times I have pursued Domination victories is when I have an overwhelming force, and we do most definitely not have an overwhelming force as things are right now. So, in the event we are to go to war, I will need a tactician/strategist who can work with me on calculations etc. I hope we have someone on the team who have the time and will to assist with that in the beginning of a military action, so that I learn how to do the maths and calculations - if we go to war that is.

Here's the latest screenshots for tactical discussion :)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    393.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    309.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    328.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    342.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    367.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    316.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    317.5 KB · Views: 157
How do I find that out? I've no idea. The only thing I know is that it will be insanely difficult for us to gain city vision with them (it requires above 20k espy points for several cities).

How's the space race going?

From the looks of the pics, CDZ are arming up (did Amazon leak your last message to them -- it'd have been posted on their forum so it just takes one member of their team to know one member of CDZ).

Still not convinced there's much to be gained in a war -- how close to the end of the game do you reckon it'd be before any captured cities are productive and the cost of the war has been recouped? Especially given we're occasionally missing turns which in multiplayer would be disastrous in a war.

But then I'm not really around much (haven't even logged into the game to see, for instance, whether we've even built Apollo!) so my opinion probably should count for much.

Top Bottom