1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn Discussion

Discussion in 'Team Quatronia' started by cav scout, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I think it's almost guaranteed now, given how much the stack has grown, that the Mavericks will retake Injinya. When they do is the real question.

2. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Sorry about turn reports guys! I will get one up after work today, just been super busy.

3. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

CDZ has been quietly adding two points of espionage against us for at least the past three turns... what do you guys think we should do? Out them publicly?

4. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

No, that could only have negative consequences. We can just put our espionage against them, making sure that we always have enough to see Mav research.

5. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Good news! We captured Poison City (and renamed it Axiom) without loss. Two trebs softened the defenders and were able to withdraw. Two maces then finished the job (one without any loss of health).

The Mavs didn't defend the city too stoutly and their mini-stack that was located there is still at large. They might have moved West towards the marble to hide out and retake Poison after we move on. But I suspect they are headed NE on their road network to link up with other Mav forces.

If I was Slaze I would try to destroy our stack in the open ground outside Bubblegum city. The perfect engagement area would be the tile W of Bubblegum. So moving forward I see two options:

1. Direct beeline to bubblegum. This gets us to the city the fastest but I think it exposes us to danger from a coordinated spoiling attack. They have a cat in bubblegum now and will likely whip another one this turn. Their city garrison and the poison stack striking us from two different directions is enough to maul us bad. And if they send down troops from Copper city we might get wiped out.

2. Naval flanking move. We shift troops by galleon E of Bubblegum. The first wave will throw them off since they won't be sure if we will land near Bubblegum or continue to sail toward their Channel city. We land the first wave 2 tiles E of the city and they link up with the 2nd wave next to Bubblegum the next turn. If things work out we take the city the following turn before they can concentrate against us.

Oh and I matched CDZs 2 points of espy against us. This will tip them off that we know of course.

Lastly, should we use the great artist for a golden age now or should we continue to keep him as a bomb threat against CDZ?

6. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

I like the naval flanking move. This city is crucial, as it give us access to mounted units, which will be useful for open-ground warfare against their wandering stacks, so we can't be too careful. Do you think Sirius has landed a bigger stack somewhere in the north? I can understand saving their stack by moving it out of the city, but I thought they would use it to try and retake the city. It could also be that Slaze has decided to throw the weight of the Maverick forces behind Merlot. Don't forget we'll have to swing some galleons around the tip of the star to implement a blockade.

As for the Great Artist- I don't think CDZ will cave to any threats, whether they are overt or not. If we were to actually bomb them, they would see that as an act of war most likely, and would be at out throats as soon as possible. That is probably the case already, but this time they could definitely point to us as the aggressors. So I vote Golden Age. And, if it provokes a war, the bombing itself won't have been all that useful if we capture those cities by force, or lose the city we used to bomb.

7. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Well I think we won this most recent battle against the Mavs. But this does delay our plans to take bubble gum for a bit. I have moved our stack back to Axiom to heal up and await for more reinforcements. We have plenty of siege but we need to replenish our ground combat units (especially pikes to counter all their mounted units).

One thing i'm worried about- CDZ is rapidly increasing their power with a series of whips. This could be for a naval attack against the Merlot home island before their beserkers become obsolete. But I also think its possible they have a secret alliance with Mav/Merlot and are planning on attacking our island while we are committed on the penninsula against the Mavs. We need to get a naval scout unit down below Asymptote to spot any CDZ fleet trying to sneak up on us.

8. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

I agree that we should keep a watch on CDZ at the cape, especially since they've put espionage on us. I don't think that they are secretly allied with Mav/Mer though-they've missed the prime opportunity to stab us, plus, with Merlot taking over Mavericks, it was understood that they would stay in the game and go down fighting, but expect to lose. If they are allied with CDZ, then there is a chance that the "permanent alliance" of M&M could win, which would no doubt cause some heated debate. Plus, if CDZ and M&M successfully win a war against the rest of us, CDZ knows that they would lose to M&M afterwards.

9. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

So what should we do with the great general- super medic, settle him? How about the great prophet?

10. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

Settle the great general. What will the prophet bulb? Have we used the great artist yet? One can bulb (we have divine right no, non?) and the other can GA.

11. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

No, because you need two gp's for your second gp-generated golden age.

12. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Anything big happening or is it still pretty mellow?

13. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Hey guys, sorry for being MIA for so long! I've been real busy with work and stuff and have dropped the ball on turn reports and updates to the team. I have been able to log in and play our turns though so we haven't missed any. I apologize for not keeping up with the turn tracker though. If anyone wants to take over as turn player that would be totally fine.

Anyways, here is a summary of what's been going on:

Our golden age finished up a while ago and we switched to theocracy on the last turn (loosing the organized religion bonus for buildings but gaining an xp bonus for new units). The main focus on the island is now unit production (except Continuum where we have built some key infrastructure like a university to further leverage the bureau bonus). Peninsula cities have just switched over to unit production after a long run of culture buildings to counter the CDZ encroachment.

Techwise the Amazons were able to steal Guilds and Gunpowder from Mav/Merlot with espy. We will be completing Chemistry this turn. We already have 5 caravels that we can upgrade to frigates. I have two stationed down around the peninsula cape looking out for a CDZ sneak attack. CDZ is putting a bunch of espy against us per turn now. I am putting all 6 of our espy points against them to counter.

A barb city appeared on the north part of the peninsula near the incense. I razed it with maces upgraded from warriors in pulsar. One of our maces got killed because i left him exposed. :(

Sirius and Amazon have a large joint stack moving into the Mav peninsula. I landed our stack next to Spot B in response but they were able to capture the city before us. I have since moved our stack next to Bubble Gum to attack it- I don't want Sirius/Amazons to capture the whole peninsula out from under us. Our stack is in the open though so I hope the Mavs don't thrash it too bad.

Amazons have proposed trading us Plan B for Cygnus. They will then gift Cygnus to CDZ in return for something from them. This is a total crap deal so I haven't responed to it.

Screen shots to follow.

14. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

:bump:

Any news?

15. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Just giving everybody a quick update.

The situation seems kind of dismal. Amazon controls a lot of the Maverick-Quatronia peninsula, and what the Amazons don't have belongs to Sirius.

The Mavericks JUST got destroyed, Sirius took their last city, Iron City, sometime in the last four hours. The game is industrial - the bulk of our army is cannons, riflemen, and cavalry.

And apart from Merlot, who are still holding out in their island, we are last in score and likely to be dogpiled by Sirius, CDZ, and Amazon once Merlot is finished.

This is one of the reasons why I mainly play CivIII. The end of the recent CivIII DemoGame was FAR more active than this.

16. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Hey guys.

It's been forever since I've posted here and I not sure if anyone is still around or still interested in our team...

Basically I have been playing the turns for quite a while now but not posting any updates. I got super busy with work and didn't have the time or energy to do more than keep the team in the game by playing the turn every other day.

Anyways, I'm at a point now though where I won't be able to play at all for about 3 weeks starting July 15th. I would hate to see the team (and the whole MTDG) die now when we are actually making headway in our war against Sirius.

Basically Mavs and Merlot got eliminated and the game got kinda interesting again when Sirius turned on us and invaded our island. Despite being the underdog we have held our ground and are now attacking them with the Amazons.

So is there anyone still on the team willing and able to take over as turn player?

17. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

Welcome, Caledorn. I'm sorry that I can't be a turnplayer (this computer doesn't even have civ4),and I apologize for not responding to your post, cavscout, but I haven't been on CFC that much this summer. I'm willing to give input if brought up to speed though.

My first suggestion is beelining for nukes, DPRK-style.

18. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Thank you, Charlemagne! :)

Don't worry about turnplaying, any of you. I am more than capable of handling it as long as I have you all to lean on for advice, tactics and strategy! :)

I'm really looking forward to working together with all of you, and I'm sure this challenge will be highly interesting and possibly even a bit fun the coming months.

19. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

I just got internet here, you're doing fine I think, we shouldn't have to worry too much about culture if we have assurances from CDZ and a decent military. What's the slider at? We should be at max science, but I think it would be prudent to put 10 or 20 percent towards espionage, if Amazon's espy on us is as bad as you say. Some spy buildings in the less useful towns could come in handy. Right now our priority should be to make sure they can't see our unit moves (and research if it can be helped).

20. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Thank you - that is much appreciated feedback! :)

I've been a bit busy the past days myself, so haven't had time to post turn updates. Check the turn log thread for latest changes and moves. :)