Turns 160 - 169

So do we capture Pennsylvania next turn or the turn after that?

Guess I should have posted a reminder of where we are...

Leftover healed units were loaded onto galleys. They can move to the hill outside borders next turn, and then move back into loco territory the turn after. The camels are not visible from loco borders, they would move onto the hill next turn, or could wait until the following turn when the slow-movers move off the hill, to keep a surprise factor.

If anyone has suggestions / instructions, please do post them. I'm not even in the same league as most of y'all. ;)

There is a partial screenshot of Pensylvania in post 30 on page 2. The camels will be doing the attack alone since it was going to take too long for the cats to get there IIRC. In that case I'd have the camels spread out on the east bank of the river, then cross the river and attack the next turn. Remember camels don't get tile defence, but they should get the river defence. Spread them out to avoid colateral damage and lets hit before Loco has time to build many muskets.

I would suggest that attacking without cat support will be costly. I would wait for the cats.

How much longer would it take for the catapults to get there? If it's not too many extra turns then it might be worth waiting. Depends how tough the defence is.

I tested it out in WB with our camels against Longbows and got good results, loosing only 1 or 2 units. They will probably rush 1 musket when they first see us and further delay will give then a chance to rush another. In addition the units that were going to kill the B and O survivors may now be on their way to Pensylvania. I think it is more important to take the city quickly.

It's our turn and already past 24 hours.

Right now I have zero time sorry, and need bed badly. Will try to play in the morning, but I can't make any promises as I'll be leaving early to go travelling.

Played it.
Any screenie requests?

We discovered an Epsilonian city, Dune, near Loco.
On route to Pennsylvania: 6 Camels, 2 catapults, 1 mace and 1 longbow.
Astronomy in 8, but probably longer due to deficit
Should we try to sell sugar to Aloha, either for their cows, or for gold.
We'll finish 4 builds next turn, should we build more military?

We should sell the sugar for sure. Does Piffle have anything to trade for it?

We need more camels and catapults to take Reading, so yes still more millitary to build.

We might want to ask Aloha when they'll give us Mil Trad

1110 AD
We're moving in on Loco's city. It currently has 1 musket, 1 longbow, 1 catapult, and 1 axeman in it. The axeman has a combat I and City Raider I promotion. There's a barbarian warrior on a hill near it. I've captured on of their workers, and put it on a ship back home. Will we try to keep the city?

I also started building 2 Camels and 2 cats.

The original plan was to keep that city, as long as it looks like we will hold it. We could use a missionary there too. Then we can consider switching to slavery and rush a courthouse.

In case some people don't check the main forum, the inevitable war between piffle and aloha has begun. How much do we know about their current military strengths and their respective probabilities of winning the war? I think I can remember something about aloha saying that they were kind of falling behind...

Piffle looks like the first place team unless Epsilon uses these wars to pull ahead.

The new turn is here, but I'm too sleepy to give it the proper attention now so I'll sleep on it.

The big question is what to do in Pennsylvania? Our Mace/Bow/Twin Cats can not attack until next turn. Our 6 camels have pretty good odds but can not kill all the defenders: Musket/2 bow/4 cat/axe.

Is it better to hit now or risk a possible counter attack while we move up the reinforcements? And does anyone have any story ideas for the attack?

Also Demographics are not really going our way.

Chatted with Simon this afternoon, apparently Piffle razed a city of Aloha's on the first turn of the war.

At the current rate, I'd say Aloha's chances of success are basically zero. Also, I'd say that it's very likely that Epsilon plans on coming for us very soon. In retrospect, we probably should have got Loco on side a while ago, to give us any chance at out-teching the machine that is Piffle-Epsilon. Oh well, we'll have to do the best we can with what we have...

I agree. This is nuts. The team to beat is Epsilon (read Dave McW). What are the four other teams doing? fighting amongst ourselves.

I just finished with WB and determined that the chances were good enough to risk it, but just as the first camel moves in for the attack I see more reinforcments on the way. It will never work now so our units are retreating. lets start talking and see if Loco has any interest in cooperating with us, if not they can go their own way.

This war is over.

Our goals now should be more settlers, forbidden palace, maybe Taj Mahal for a golden age and new civics.

Top Bottom