Tutorial : integrate a 3d Model as a new Unit

hey all,

this is a step by step Tutorial on how to integrate a Unit 3D Model into the game as a new custom Unit with unique 3D Art.
Just download the rar file attached to this post, unpack it and start following the Tutorial :)

feel free to ask questions here.

Credits: Deliverator and Wolfdog

Attachments

• Unit_Tutorial.rar
    12.6 MB · Views: 1,503
Last edited:
Unfortunelly does not have detail i need, but yours has, so I will try to match yours with the existent one.

Once more great job!

You should be able to convert a civ v unit to civ vi using both tutorials, but if you have trouble, feel free to ask for help.
And soon I will ask you things about LUA again, mate. Just had trouble the last weeks with RL, that’s why I was not that active the last weeks.

Thanks for creating this @ShiroToraRyu. :goodjob:

Personally I think that using Blender 2.49 for correcting Vertex Weight problems is not the best way. I generally use FGXViewer to test the .fgx animations against my rigged .fgx model then adjust in Blender 2.78 using Weight Paint mode or by editing Vertex Groups directly. Re-exporting to .cn6 and then re-testing in FGXViewer is quick. To load .fgx animations into FGXViewer you can just drag and drop the animation .fgx files into it.

Thanks Deliverator :)

I will add your way for correcting vertex weights to the tutorial soon. Thanks, i didnt know your way with FGX Viewer before.

EDIT : Deliverator's way to correct vertex weights added now. i just pasted his words for the vertex weights correction step.

Last edited:
Top Bottom