UF1 - The Deep End

uberfish

Immortal
New game, time for a new line of SGs! Since everyone playing in this game is a veteran of civ 4, we'll be jumping in at Immortal and learning to swim before we tie weights to our feet with themed games or anything like that.

Difficulty: Immortal
Speed: Normal
Civilization: Persia
Map: Small Pangaea 7/14
Turn count: first three sets 25/20/15, 10 thereafter
Variant rules: None

Rules: Just the basics. Post decent turn reports, don't exploit bugs, have fun!

Lurkers are welcome to join in the discussion as always.

aha, you took my hint

I don't think deluxe versions don't qualify as Gyathaar's tools works wonders btw.

I would like to join if you have me. (got to find mutineer, miss his controversies)

Mutineer has the game for sure, I've seen some posts from him. He seems to hate the game though, I doubt you'll get a sign-up. Not a lot of the old guys seem to be playing Civ 5...

Darrell

Interest registered - I'll play if you don't find enough previous players. In any case I'm glad at least someone is playing immortal+ SGs.

Ok I sent Mutineer a PM to see if he wants to play for old times' sake. Oz you're welcome to lurk of course. TheRat and Darrell, welcome back on board. Sevenspirits and Methos, I don't think we've played before but I remember seeing your names around from civ4 so we can play with a team of 5 (6 if Mutineer wants in) if that's OK with everyone.

Anyone have civ preferences? I'd prefer to stay away from the top tier civs like China and Greece personally.

Top three civs I haven't played yet, but would like to try:

France
Persia
Siam

The only civs I don't want to play are the two uberfish listed, plus America.

Darrell

Some options:

Aztec: Monte's culture by enemy kill looks interesting, so I'm curious about doing an offensive culture game.

Persia: Could be interesting focusing on golden ages.

Russia: I'm curious how beneficial the bonus production is and their UU looks interesting. I admit, I tend to stay away from mounted units.

I'm open to other possibilities.

Any preference on VC?

the civs I have played at SP are Aztec, Egypt, England, Greece, Songhai so have a slight preference for new ones. I'm a bit curious as to how Iroquois plays personally, not a strong preference though

Cool. :)

Persia sounds good to me - the ability is pretty cool. Others I'd be happiest with: India, Iroquois, Rome. I'd rather avoid Greece and Siam.

I will sign up, playing with old folk could be fun. I would not say I hate game. I just run out of ideas to try... It seems it is very linear.. You do the same stuff over and over again.

Basic theme is you win by interacting with other civ/city states, not by developing your own empire.
Well, you can have up to 4 cities you specialize a bit. One for science, one for more gp's and one for
Horse units production. That about it.

Haven't played as Siam. There ability sounds quite good.

Anyway, we also need to agree whether we play for social policies or expansions. Which victory condition? I think it is important to agree one a common goal before the game starts, else we will end up arguing later on.

Ok let's go with Persia for the first one, it got the most votes. I'll roll a start and we can decide what we want to do. I think domination/space/diplo all go the same way for a while, let's keep our options open.

I do not want to slag try slow game, and right now domination is easiest, especially on pangea.

So, my vote going for domination, with UN as back up, thought I do not think we will need it.

Top Bottom