[R&F] Uh, war weariness is based on the original owner of the city?

Question

King
I took philadelphia from America ages ago, and now America has started a war against a CS. The war has been dragging on because for some reason the AI is sending crossbows and knights against a modern era CS, so they obviously cant damage the city (I think the AI+ mod im using broke the AI).

I just checked Philadelphia and its getting -9 amenities from war weariness. All my other cities are at 0 amenities due to war weariness. The only explanation i can think of is that the game is assigning war weariness penalties because the city was originally owned by America...

Is this how its supposed to work?

Did they cede the city when you made peace?

No they didnt. I simply kept it.

I saved, reloaded, and noticed a few turns later that Philadelphia was back to 0 war weariness while my capital is now the one with a massive -9 war weariness hit. All other cities are fine.

Im confused as to what is causing this. Is it a spy operation or something like that?

Yea really confused by this. For some reason only my capital is getting hit with the extra war weariness.

The only mods i have is the "AI+" mod and a mod that increases research/civic research times. Nothing that touchs war weariness.

Would it help if i uploaded a savegame?

Im confused as to what is causing this. Is it a spy operation or something like that?
the formula for WW distribution is based on if the city is deemed foreign or not, it may be in this area that a ceded city makes a difference, interesting. However WW is also based on distance from the fighting amd this seems to make a bigger impact... so location location location.

I would definitely look at the savegame
Well yes although it will not show war history, just current based on where current fighting is which may be enough.

Well the only thing i can think of is that my capital was attacked by some knights at some point but they did 1 damage and that was quite a while ago...

So long as combat is happening near a city and you are winning by the landslide you can get massive war weariness?

Is that what happened in that save?

So long as combat is happening near a city and you are winning by the landslide you can get massive war weariness?

Is that what happened in that save?
Yes... and the WW 1.5 x for the defender if the attacker declared a formal/joint war.
So did you declare or did they?
Of course if you kill lots of their troops they will get more.

I cant remember if the attacker declared formal or surprise war...but why should the defender get more war weariness?

It seems strange that the min time for a war is 25 turns since you cant make a peace treaty before then, but your wear weariness seems to increase very fast within that turn amount...do you happen to know which file are the settings for war weariness defined?

Alos how do you check what the war weariness of an AI is?

why should the defender get more war weariness?
Their troops were not ready for war, they are the defenders. Attackers I imagine can put up with it more but feel free to disagree. Its the design regardless.
It seems strange that the min time for a war is 25 turns since you cant make a peace treaty before then, but your wear weariness seems to increase very fast within that turn amount...do you happen to know which file are the settings for war weariness defined?
you war weariness only increases when an attack is made. The global parameters file has the settings.

Alos how do you check what the war weariness of an AI is?
in the log directory there is a war_weariness.csv

Their troops were not ready for war, they are the defenders. Attackers I imagine can put up with it more but feel free to disagree. Its the design regardless.
you war weariness only increases when an attack is made. The global parameters file has the settings.

in the log directory there is a war_weariness.csv

Question: are you at peace with everyone? That's the impression I got from your post but Victoria seems to think that you're still at war.

Also I can't subscribe to your mods that increase tech and civic cost - can't find 'em. Do you have a link?

Question: are you at peace with everyone? That's the impression I got from your post but Victoria seems to think that you're still at war.
The moment you make peace it is -2000 WW amd also -2000 for every CS they were allied to amd WW goes down a lot faster per turn, so quite likely they are still at war, if not it will be gone soon enough.

@I_pity_the_fool : I was at peace with everyone else except for one civ. Can you use the steps to open a save file without those mods? I remember there being steps posted somewhere on this site.

I started another new game, and in less than 10 turns of war one of my cities has sky rocketed to -9 amenities from war weariness even though no combat has taken place anywhere near that city. I dont know why this is happening. All the fighting is taking place near my capital which is completely fine and has no issues with war weariness. Im confusd why only ONE city is getting the war weariness...

Im looking at the player war weariness log file and it makes no sense. I cant tell which turns these are for either.

First few entries :

Player FromPlayer Delta New Total Weariness Reason
0 1 -50 2575 At War Decay
0 1 50 2625 Attacking
1 0 50 3525 Getting Attacked
0 1 50 2675 Attacking

War weariness log file : http://www.mediafire.com/file/4k2ub473ql64308/Player_WarWeariness - Copy.csv

Save file (city with war weariness is Rio De Janeiro) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/ttotjho1vdf015g/TOMYRIS_67_2350_BC.Civ6Save

Mods :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/auk8sa8o7g8axbv/ProductionQueue.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z8utzbw2grzjg18/CivicsTimex2.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sh89vauui42xcb9/ResearchTimex2.rar

First few entries :

Player FromPlayer Delta New Total Weariness Reason
0 1 50 2625 Attacking
1 0 50 3525 Getting Attacked
0 1 50 2675 Attacking

You are player 0, in all log files you are always 0.
So you are attacking and getting 50 WW for attacking and the defender is getting 50 for defending. Looks to me like a surprise war you started which does not help.
You are at 2575 WW and the opposition is at 3525 so it looks like you are killing more troops than they.
Every time you restart the game software it zeroes out the log so I cannot check history for length.

your save file is turn 67 2350 BC so it looks like you are playing the long game which is where people suffer this most.
Long epic battles. In the log every turn you are attacking with a few troops which means WW goes up and up, especially if you are archers shooting a city, turn after turn you shoot and get lots of WW.

I have seen bugs before where people are at 27000 WW but yours looks like a normal epic, shoot them with horse archers turn after turn problem. This is the thing that causes the most WW, continuous turn after turn shooting. Get a knight with a ram and bam one unit, one attack 50;WW and the job is likely near done.

I will try to open your file in a bit, WW is mostly given to cities near the fighting location and those considered foreign cities, not originally yours.

Top Bottom