UI bonuses determining ideology?

pineappledan

Deity
as of right now, freedom grants 2 food to UIs, order gives 1 production, and autocracy gives 3 science. UIs and GP tiles (also boosted by freedom) are always top priority to be worked, so I find the bonuses to these tiles dictate what ideology I choose more than any single policy from the trees. If I am playing a civ with a UI I don’t even seriously consider order

There have been some grumblings a about order being less favoured than the other two, and this seems like one of the obvious culprits. Would people be in favour of increasing the production from UIs from 1 to 2, while keeping lumber mills quarries and mines at +1 prod?

as of right now, freedom grants 2 food to UIs, order gives 1 production, and autocracy gives 3 science. UIs and GP tiles (also boosted by freedom) are always top priority to be worked, so I find the bonuses to these tiles dictate what ideology I choose more than any single policy from the trees. If I am playing a civ with a UI I don’t even seriously consider order

There have been some grumblings a about order being less favoured than the other two, and this seems like one of the obvious culprits. Would people be in favour of increasing the production from UIs from 1 to 2, while keeping lumber mills quarries and mines at +1 prod?
I've never once significantly considered UI yields when choosing an Ideology.

I give the 3 science from Autocracy some serious thought, but I wouldn't take Autocracy solely because of it

Going Order as Brazil is common for me due to the tier 3 cultural tenet. I don't think the UI tenets alone justify going Freedom or Autocracy.

I do think the UI's +1:c5production: bonus on the tenet is underwhelming, though.

By the time I pick an Ideology I usually know exactly what victory condition I'm heading towards, so I pick entirely based on which Ideology supports that win condition the best with its Tier 3 tenet. Second to that I usually pick based on which complements my Civ's Uniques the best. In that sense, making good use of my UIs could entice me to pick Freedom or Autocracy, but my desired Victory Condition definitely takes first priority.

I'm more concerned about, say, a science or cultural victory, where Order and Freedom are equally viable. If you are going domination there is only 1 obvious choice anyways. If I'm not going domination or diplomatic, my choice often comes down to whether I have a lot of GPs or if I have a UI

Order is good on huge maps for warmongering civs because its improving your chance to stop your conquest in a halfway and try for scientific victory. at least in lesser dificulty. but i think on huge maps, it depends on which civ i did conquer and that enable another type of victory.

Also if you can build corporation in all of your city, Order give that corporation a huge boost in a short time. 30 cities with Giorgio Armeier gives 90 cultures per city and so 2700 culture empire-wide.

Order gives a ton of yields. If you're killing people fine before ideology, Order can keep you in the game yields-wise.

Top Bottom