1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

UI - Improved City View (Vox Populi with EUI)

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Infixo, Jan 18, 2018.

1. kenneth1221

kenneth1221 Warlord

Maybe you could start your own thread and link to the posts where you have updates in Infixo's threads?

2. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Or just lock this thread and start a nerw one with the proper link

3. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Nah, I haven't taken over management of his mods or anything, I just came back to the game after a bit of a break and wanted up to date mods so I updated the mods I wanted to use and sooner rather than later I'll be taking a break again, probably.
    And I'm not even a professional programmer or anything so if I can figure out how to update mods I'm sure others can do it, too, and doubly sure they can figure out how to find the latest version in a single, short thread...people need to get out of this mentality of the world being there to service them.

If you want to get the moderators to lock these threads and make new ones with new links or whatever I won't object, though honestly I think it's unnecessary and a bit of an overreaction and you should probably message the creators of the threads first, especially adan eslavo who is currently active and hasn't put updated links in his OPs, either, but may not like it if you try to get his threads locked :lol:

4. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

If I seemed demanding or dismissive of the developers, that's not my intention. I just ask so that other users can find material more easily. I appreciate everything that people contribute.

5. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

I can't imagine why it would be disrespectful to make someone's work easier to find and share.

6. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

That's not what I meant (and people also need to get less snowflakey :lol:)...here's an idea: why don't you coordinate with @vyyt to put all the most current links into the "Mods compatible with CPB" thread, which is after all stickied on the main page? Perhaps those first posts there could even be somewhat reorganized, like putting the lists into spoilers and making one spoiler per post contain mod links in the current, alphabetically sorted format and the other in a more thematically sorted one (like one category for UI, one for extra civs etc...)...that should make things easier to find and discover, I imagine, and wouldn't have any of the issues that come up if you start closing down some modders' own threads here.

The stickied threads there should probably also be cleaned up...currently there are three threads about making bug reports, all stickied, which is not helpful.

7. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

If you have ideas to revive mods and continue, then why not? :p Promotions Overhaul were out of date for a long time and has lots of potential (I still hope someone will incorporate it into VP). Only time is needed. If anyone wants to join me just ask for a github rights. I'm currently working with @hokath on reviving Wonders Expanded mod that way. It is easier for me to manage changes if first post of thread belongs to me.

8. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Can you, pretty please with sugar on top, update the OPs of Trade Opportunities and List Enhancements with my fixes?

Otherwise I'll have to get the moderator and lock your threads...just kidding! :lol: ;)

adan_eslavo likes this.
  9. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

Sure! I forgot about it and updated only my signature :]

EDIT: Done!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    civplayer33 likes this.