• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

UI modifications (suggestions and discussion)

Sorry bringing this up again but since noone answered:

is there a way to replicate the "pre-chop" autoworker action for ALL improvements - aka a new "pre-work" gameoption?

Or in another way: in which file could I find the "pre-chop" code that I would have to use to enable all other improvements to be "pre-choppeable" as well?

I don't know if this is handled in the dll or python. I've never seen any coding for it.

Just started playing this mod - great work guys.

Previously been playing Realism Invistus mod. A feature that mod has that I really am missing, concerns the city screens production queue.

If you have say 6 items in the queue, but now you want the 3rd item to be built first. In RI you can hover over the item, press either shift or ctrl key and click on the item. It is then moved up or down one place. So 2 clicks would move it from 3rd to 1st place.

Much neater IMO, than deleting it and then looking for the item in the build menu to add it back to the top of the queue.

Just started playing this mod - great work guys.

Previously been playing Realism Invistus mod. A feature that mod has that I really am missing, concerns the city screens production queue.

If you have say 6 items in the queue, but now you want the 3rd item to be built first. In RI you can hover over the item, press either shift or ctrl key and click on the item. It is then moved up or down one place. So 2 clicks would move it from 3rd to 1st place.

Much neater IMO, than deleting it and then looking for the item in the build menu to add it back to the top of the queue.

Bound to be done in the dreadful cvMainInterface.py Python code. Need to keep it in mind for the next time we look at changing that file. We have quite a list of things to do in there.

City build menu.

When sorting buildings to show all of a type at the front of the list i.e. Gold. It would be useful if those items could be displayed in cost order also.

e.g. Gold 1 turn, Gold 2 turns etc. followed by the rest of the items as is.

That is the way I do it. The buttons say what kind of building you want and the drop down menu lets you select the order eg cost.

2 things that I would love to see improved upon.

1st if you could drag new buildings in to your queue so you wouldn't have to rebuild your queue everytime you wanted to place a new building in.

2nd If you could type in how many of a certain unit you want to build. This would especially help in the later eras where you can build more than one unit at a time.

Having more then two bars of build options would also be nice,

EDIT: In the city screen - city build menu. The two new buttons not in regular civ4.

Additions to the sort button for buildings.

Military.

Displays the buildings that give: experience points, free promotions and allow the training of new units.

Defence.

Displays the buidings that add to the city defence and damage enemy units.

Question. What does the first button do?

None, Wonder, Domain. What is each trying to show.

Military.

Displays the buildings that give: experience points, free promotions and allow the training of new units.

Defence.

A screen with some arrows may help us understand what you mean here.

If you are referring to the three buttons (units, buildings and wonders) on the right then they can't be changed as they are hard coded in the exe. They set which set of filters etc you get to use and display icons at the beginning of the set.

There are already filter buttons on buildings just to show military buildings once you have clicked on the buildings button on the right.

Click on the building button on the right ie the middle one. This will bring up the building filter icons on the line beneath the units in the city. Hover over and scroll there are filters for military buildings there.

The order is based on cost, yields and commerces of the buildings. Not sure what the none/wonder in the middle does.

EDIT: In the city screen - city build menu. The two new buttons not in regular civ4.

Military.

Defence.

They show how the building list is grouped. "None" means all buildings including wonders are sorted by name or cost etc. (whatever is chosen in the other list). "Wonders" means that buildings and wonders are sorted seperately. Not sure about "Domain", it is somehow similar to "Wonders".

Domain grouping for buildings is something like Military, City Defense and rest.

First time playing though release, love this project.

I would love for the ui to stay where it was when I select a unit or building instead of going back up to the beginning of the list. Barring that, I guess I would like a screen that pops up in the city screen proper that shows more than two lines at a time of stuff to build, all while keeping the ability to add stuff to the queue and filter the info like normal.

Also, I would like a way to sort by pollution, more about buildings that help the situation, not cause it.

Cheers!
-Liq

First time playing though release, love this project.

I would love for the ui to stay where it was when I select a unit or building instead of going back up to the beginning of the list. Barring that, I guess I would like a screen that pops up in the city screen proper that shows more than two lines at a time of stuff to build, all while keeping the ability to add stuff to the queue and filter the info like normal.

Also, I would like a way to sort by pollution, more about buildings that help the situation, not cause it.

Cheers!
-Liq

Unfortunately we are stuck with the going back to the beginning of the list. Unless we can replace that whole screen with something that does not use the Civ exe.

Unfortunately we are stuck with the going back to the beginning of the list. Unless we can replace that whole screen with something that does not use the Civ exe.
It does not really do that any more than other UI elements. The problem is that you can only order those kinds of lists to move to a certain group and currently that kind of grouping means all normal buildings or something similar.
Nonetheless it would be possible to calculate the amount fitting in a row and group it by that number separately. Then selecting something to be built would not move you back to the beginning of the group.

I have been wondering if we could put a maximise button on that part of the screen and when pressed bring up a much larger screen which we can do all this on. You know
- show all the filters better
- show many more than two lines of icons
- have a special don't show these buildings in this city ever again
- have cultures and heroes appear right at the top rather than in the units and wonders section​

Top Bottom