UK could abandon the UN and EU

stormbind

Retenta personam!
That's the impression left by MP Howard's arguments for voting Conservative. He wants to cut immigration so much that it would break UN convensions, and on other matters, he wants to stick two fingers up to Brussels.

He's not suggesting the UK becomes isolationist, so what kind of world does he envisage? :crazyeye:

Wait, there's a UN document that says countries have to allow a certain number of migrants?

Breaking UN conventions doesn't mean your gonna quit the UN does it, you get an angry letter from some bureacrats and that's it.

International organisations should not be involved in the decision making of democratic countries anyway. British politicians should do what is best for Brittain thats what they are paid for.

Howard is a goon who will never taste power.

As much as I detest Vicar Blair, the current brand of conservative in the UK is a joke.

DexterJ said:
Are you confusing immigration and asylum seekers?
Asylum seeker figures contribute to the total immigration figures.

rmsharpe said:
Wait, there's a UN document that says countries have to allow a certain number of migrants?
They have signed the paperwork according to which they pledge themselves to accept a certain number of political asylum seekers, yeah.

I think america should abandon the UN we dont need them... if america decided to take over the world, we probably could...

As I noticed, UK always goes on an alternative way (more or less) like that, they don't use Euro currency.
It depends on what interest do the UK have of course...

CoolioVonHoolio said:
I think america should abandon the UN we dont need them... if america decided to take over the world, we probably could...

In this line I see the complex tactical plan of the PNAC!

:D

Jack the Ripper said:
So should the US. I congratulate the Uk for even considering it.

Thats like a big middle finger in the face of those godless powerwolves.

Don't knock being a godless powerwolf till you've been one!

:D

Xenofon said:
As I noticed, UK always goes on an alternative way (more or less) like that, they don't use Euro currency.
It depends on what interest do the UK have of course...
they didnt switch to the euro because their currency is worth more. the reason most EU countries switched was they were being inflated with their money and needed a currency with more worth
for example. i was in mexico
the US dollar is worth around 11 pesos
the euro is worth about 13-14 pesos
the british pound is worth like 18-19 pesos
and the canadian dollar *chuckes* is like 8 pesos

CoolioVonHoolio said:
they didnt switch to the euro because their currency is worth more. the reason most EU countries switched was they were being inflated with their money and needed a currency with more worth
for example. i was in mexico
the US dollar is worth around 11 pesos
the euro is worth about 13-14 pesos
the british pound is worth like 18-19 pesos
and the canadian dollar *chuckes* is like 8 pesos

It seems rational, but british have an "other way" attribute too ;)

Xenofón said:
As I noticed, UK always goes on an alternative way (more or less)
They're like the me of nations.

Question from a naive American: What does the UN actually do?

snipelfritz said:
They're like the me of nations.

Question from a naive American: What does the UN actually do?

Try to get everyone to place nice.

Xenofón said:
It seems rational, but british have an "other way" attribute too ;)
Do you predict thisl be a trait of the English in Civ4? :)

Top Bottom