Undead Player

AngelGabriel

Warlord
I like playing undead. They're my favourite faction in Heroes of Might & Magic and AoW: Shadow Magic and if there were ANY RPG where I had a necromancer/lich as the main character - I would buy it!

I really like Fall from Heaven even though I don't understand all the mechanics of the game. To be honest: I suck great in this game. Nonetheless it's fun to play.

So what should I do to satisfy my ultimate requirement for undead cohorts?
Which leader should I take?
What religion is the most giving?

Up to now I almost always took Amurites, teched to Ashen Veil and tried to enjoy those skeletons and pyre zombies (though I'd rather have standard zombies). I've never managed to get a lich (and really want to have a lich) and I really think those mages are better demonologists than necromancers. But perhaps I just didn't get it right.

All I know to get a lich is to start as an adept, then it levels to a wizard - and then it suddenly stops. What do I have to do? Or do I have to take Calabim (at least the pdf reads like only vampires could emerge liches).

I'd really appreciate your help, thanks in advance :)

Try the Scions of Patria modmod. The thread is in the map & scenario subforum of this forum.

Oh, yes, there's also a modmod called the Legion of D'Tesh as well. The Scions modmod has been worked on longer and so has had more feedback though. It is also Fall Further compatible if you want to use the FF civilizations.

thanks alot ... but until the latter is more advanced I'd like to stick to original FFH2. It's marked though ;)

Only the Sheim can get Pyre Zombies.

to get a lich, upgrade the mage to an archmage, and teach him death 3. Mages with death 2 are nice aswell, since they're capable of summoning spectres.

So what should I do to satisfy my ultimate requirement for undead cohorts?
Which leader should I take?
What religion is the most giving?

Doubtlessly, the best civ for undead in regular FFH are the Sheaim under Trebryn. Their regular forces are zombies, and Ashen Veil gives Diseased Corpses.

Best of all is the summoner trait. The second death spell, Summon Spectre, is designed for your kind of play. Spectres have mana affinity +1, so for each death mana you have, your spectres get stronger. You start with one Death Mana from your palace. Build death nodes at every chance, and your spectres can become a powerful fighting force that you can throw into danger without fearing losses. The Death III summon also has death affinity, so this will carry you throughout the game.

With skeletons, liches, spectres, and wraiths, your mages will be an army in and of themselves.

All I know to get a lich is to start as an adept, then it levels to a wizard - and then it suddenly stops.

Demus already said it. You need the Strength of Will tech, the Reagents resource, some gold, and a mage that's at least level 6. Upgrade him to archmage, pick Death III promotion, and you'll get the option to go lich.

You could also play an evil Amurite game. Probably go Ashen Veil, then you can get diseased corpses and later Eidolons. Tech necromancy and arcance lore. Build lots of death nodes and build your hero Govannon. He can teach every living unit to raise skeletons (after he is promoted to death 1). Once you get to the Archmage tech, you can promote to Lich's as was said.

Yes I could but I don't like Hyborem as I'd like to play right from the beginning. I understand that this doesn't cope with the whole setting - but summoning him and having a good start seems to be like a royal flush - very seldom ;)

Thanks for your help everyone :)

You should play amurites. Best part about them is their hero govannon, who can teach raise skeleton to EVERY living unit(Including workers). You can easily have a 30-40 skeleton army with them, together with a bunch of liches because their adepts start with xp bonus.

Calabim are Vampires, but not of the classic undead variety. Still, you may enjoy the look and feel. Also there is an unaligned hero, Baron Halfmoon, who is a Werewolf and can convert victims into a werewolf army. Lycanthropes are sometimes regarded as undead, and again the look and feel may suit you. (p.s Next time you play HOMM, say 'hi' to Sandro for me.)

Top Bottom