Underwater!

I have been cack a little while. I do nve a couple of projects I am working on that eventually will get posted.

:think: Either you're very good at lurking or I've been able to "engage" here less than I thought ...
... Which means I'm not going to post a link to Aulde Lang Syne.

BTW I still have your notes on war at sea. I'm using them as a reference for Terra Fantasia, which I have set on my calender for completion sometime in late 2028.

:D

:think: Either you're very good at lurking or I've been able to "engage" here less than I thought ...
... Which means I'm not going to post a link to Aulde Lang Syne.

BTW I still have your notes on war at sea. I'm using them as a reference for Terra Fantasia, which I have set on my calender for completion sometime in late 2028.

:D
It is good to set yourself such tight deadlines. :D:D:D

One I am working is one where each civilization will be able to build its own leader, such as Alexander for the Greeks, Lincoln for the Americans, and so on. I have figured out a way to do it that work.

Today a series of random posts in a Discord server for Civ3 modding resulted in an idea coalescing in Takhisis' mind…

So… has anybody created underwater resources and/or detailed underwater terrain tiles? Because I was thinking whether converting regular ‘land’ tiles into sea-bottom tiles, abyssal plains, underwater crags and volcanoes, as well as replacing forests and jungles with coral reefs and seagrass, etc. plus terrain improvements such as fishing traps, &c. was possible… edit: yes, I know that it's possible from the POV of feasibility, but more along the lines of what could be done afterwards.

Does anybody know of anything that has already been done along these lines? Terrain? Units? Maps?
Something might come out of this.

I like your ideas, by the way. I seem to remember that a few years ago, someone did a scenario with Sea Cities, and I think that it was post to the download section. I will have to check.

Found it. https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/new-sea-cities-ptw-and-c3c.7365/

Last edited:
Sounds like a total conversion? Not underwater, but I believe @warpus did an amazing "watercolour" conversion for C3C. Might be dreaming though.. can't seem to easily find it now.

Oops it was @warpstorm

I'll see if I can find the thread when I'm back on my PC

Inspiring, definitely, but

Nice find! Visually it'd look a bit like that, but what I actually mean is the bottom of the ocean. Everything would take place underwater.

Examples:
replace…
Terrain
Volcano with underwater volcano graphics.
Swamp with abyssal deeps/sea trench
forest with coral (can be mined for material)
plains with abyssal plains
grassland with seagrass/algæ
Resources
cattle with shoals of fish or crab banks (see Samborombón Bay, IRL, which is impressive)
wheat with e.g. seagrass

(of course, underwater ore deposits could be found, even oil!)

What that would do is change the terrain types marked as ‘land’ to have sea-bottom graphics. Hills, plains and mountains could be just recoloured and would work after a fashion, but swamps and forests would have to go, for obvious reasons, unless there was to be, specifically, a submerged forest, maybe as LM terrain. At this point I'm still fantasising around.

You might want to check out Pounders Resource File for some of your resources. I am working on adding some of them to the Undersea Cities Mod, and once I get a bit further along I will post a sample. You will need to have Pounders Resource File loaded to use it.

Deep sea trenches - from mrtn's Magnamund map

Black Smokers (Geothermal vents) - from Rhye's Underworld Terrain Graphics

Oooh, nice! I have Rhye's underworld terrain pack somewhere in C:// but not mrtn's Magnamund.

Many thanks!

Thanks to both of you! :wavey:

Top Bottom