Unique City-States (@adan_eslavo expansion)

Thanks for the update! And also the continuous stream of updates for this awesome mod! I love the added variety it brings, but sometimes all the new things get a bit overwhelming in the tech tree. I'd have a request to only see the unique abilities associated with city states that have spawned in the game. Even better would be to only show it of city states that the player has met. This similarly applies to the natural wonders in the more wonders mod.

I love all the cool new toys that the mods provide deepening the decision-making, but since the mods have expanded a lot, you can't play with a large portion of them and they yield more of a information overload.

Thanks for the update! And also the continuous stream of updates for this awesome mod! I love the added variety it brings, but sometimes all the new things get a bit overwhelming in the tech tree. I'd have a request to only see the unique abilities associated with city states that have spawned in the game. Even better would be to only show it of city states that the player has met. This similarly applies to the natural wonders in the more wonders mod.

I love all the cool new toys that the mods provide deepening the decision-making, but since the mods have expanded a lot, you can't play with a large portion of them and they yield more of a information overload.
I personally don't mind the extra information, even if it is not relevant for me currently. Who knows what the next game brings, but I see your point.

Not possible currently. I cannot show/hide things on demand.

Thanks for the fast update. There are a few UI bugs:

- city states icon have silver/purple tinted for fear/angry instead of yellow/red respectively
- Cannot see the tech cost when hovering over the currently researched technology in the tech tree screen.

Thanks for the fast update. There are a few UI bugs:

- city states icon have silver/purple tinted for fear/angry instead of yellow/red respectively
- Cannot see the tech cost when hovering over the currently researched technology in the tech tree screen.
Screenshot? I changed colours. See the changelog.

Are you sure 2nd one is my fault, not VP?

Seems to be working on my end:

Spoiler pictures :

1704641162849.png
1704641229714.png

Except for Fishing, Trade, Construction and Mining:
Spoiler pic :

1704641275130.png

But even then it works if it's selected:
Spoiler pic :

1704641364096.png

I'm wondering if it's a UI bug and changes with actual technology level, also could be a problem in VP as well, yeah. I'll keep an eye on it.

Hi everyone!
I have vox populi 4.4.2, Unique components mod and Unique city states. For some reason after the last update, when I meet first City-state (for example Panama city), then when I meet others, the notification states Panama city every time. The city have its own names, but all have same unique bonuses like Panama city in this case, and diplomacy screen is with bunch of Panamas. Is there a simple fix or it still beta testing?
Tryed to reinstall the whole thing. Now on the second turn there there is notification: Either, wasn’t able to substitute city state name, save and reload to avoid city-states with same name. Or cannot substitute city-state name, please restart.
Previous version with vox populi 4.2 was working fine.
Game settings: Huge Communitas (160x100) 43 civ, 24 cc
Thank you for your work🤙

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I have vox populi 4.4.2, Unique components mod and Unique city states. For some reason after the last update, when I meet first City-state (for example Panama city), then when I meet others, the notification states Panama city every time. The city have its own names, but all have same unique bonuses like Panama city in this case, and diplomacy screen is with bunch of Panamas. Is there a simple fix or it still beta testing?
Tryed to reinstall the whole thing. Now on the second turn there there is notification: Either, wasn’t able to substitute city state name, save and reload to avoid city-states with same name. Or cannot substitute city-state name, please restart.
Previous version with vox populi 4.2 was working fine.
Game settings: Huge Communitas (160x100) 43 civ, 24 cc
Thank you for your work🤙
First thing is weird. Probably cache problem. Reinstalling should also help, but deleting cache would be enough.

Second thing is normal when a CS conflicts with a major civ. Just follow instructions. Remember that simple clicking restart does not help. You must quit to main menu and go through setup again (only this way pack of CS will be rerolled).

Last edited:
First thing is weird. Probably cache problem. Reinstalling should also help, but deleting cache would be enough.

Second thing is normal when a CS conflicts with a major civ. Just follow instructions. Remember that simple clicking restart does not help. You must quit to main menu and go through setup again (only this way pack of CS will be rerolled).
Thank you! I deleted the game with steam, the files, the mods. Then reinstalled civ, then vox populi 442 with eui, copied unziped folder of Unique units to Mods, Then Unique City States 16.1 to Mods as folder. Attached screenshots how it looks from the game. I wonder where I made mistake. On the attached pictures names of CS are different but all have same type and bonuses.
Btw this time there are no notification of conflict, restarted multiple times. Went back to vox populi 4.2.7 and UCS v. 15. everything works fine.
PS. Interesting and quality mod, adds a lot more diversity to the game.

Attachments

• 20240112144316_1.jpg
    20240112144316_1.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240112144334_1.jpg
    20240112144334_1.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240112144342_1.jpg
    20240112144342_1.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
What the hell are these City-States? Debre Zeyit, Yomba?

Do you have some custom civs enabled? Some of them are not compatible with new updates.

Last edited:
What the hell are these City-States? Debre Zeyit, Yomba?

Do you have some custom civs enabled? Some of them are not compatible with new updates.
No idea what are those, but you are right about added civilizations. I added Timurids, Kievan Rus and Israel. That could be the reason then.

Try without them.
If you want to pick some civs, then I would suggest using @gwennog's and @Hinin's ones as they were updated recently. I'm not sure about the others.

v16.2 with few miscellanous things:
Code:
- Reindeer finally got his own model (thanks to @ghost toast)!
- contains new version of .xml CS sound file to substitute in DLC folder;
- increased Swiss Guard cost from 220 to 500 Faith;
- added pPlayer check for Saddarvazeh lua code;
- deleted old print statements;

No, in my game AI build TRs.
Can you elaborate? I don't get what it means :/

It was a reply to some statement that someone deleted.
Somebody said that AI doesn't build TR and thought that this modmod may be the reason.

It was a reply to some statement that someone deleted.
Somebody said that AI doesn't build TR and thought that this modmod may be the reason.
Ah, ok.

Bug: Prague's ability to provide extra culture and faith is not working properly. When a missionary or prophet is expended, the extra yields and message will trigger more than once. When playing as the Shoshone, expending a missionary triggered 38 events which yielded 789 culture and 1578 faith (looking at InstantYieldSummary log) in the classical era. Each event created 10 to 29 culture. I believe the yields are working correctly, just there is something wrong with the # of events.

There were 5 times a unit was expended (3 prophets and 2 missionaries), and each time 38 events were created. The game was a duel game. 2 major civs, 4 minors. No errors in Lua.

VP version: 4.5.1, UCS 16.2

Last edited:
Top Bottom