Unique City-States (@adan_eslavo expansion)

Playing with (overhaul) Unique City States for VP (v 15) on Vox Populi 3.10.14., so maybe this is outdated ?

But was/is it normal that city states build settlers ?

PS. I checked some turns later with IGE: The settler has disappeared, and Armagh hasn't founded a colony. Strange.

PPS. I checked again: The settler is still there, but is hidden within in the city.

Armagh.jpg

Last edited:
Playing with (overhaul) Unique City States for VP (v 15) on Vox Populi 3.10.14., so maybe this is outdated ?

But was/is it normal that city states build settlers ?

PS. I checked some turns later with IGE: The settler has disappeared, and Armagh hasn't founded a colony. Strange.

PPS. I checked again: The settler is still there, but is hidden within in the city.

View attachment 677638
Which UCS do you use? Latest version compatible with 3.10.14 is UCS v15.5.1. All later versions are compatible only with 4.X.

Which UCS do you use? Latest version compatible with 3.10.14 is UCS v15.5.1. All later versions are compatible only with 4.X.

It is this one (from modinfo), it doesn't say whether it is 15.5.1:

<Mod id="b2eb6d1e-1fcb-4a0d-829c-51691aa3183a" version="15">

So latest UCS with 4.2.7, i liberated hong kong and later pass a sphere of influence. Every couple of turns a citizen leaves from one of my cities for hong kong and i get around 2k gold and 30 influence meanwhile the CS population remains the same.
First the chance seems a bit high so now i have over 100k and shouldn't the population increase accordingly?

I believe I found the explanation for the city state settlers.

In the first three rounds of my game I had three occurences of a city state having to be replaced by another one, due to a "conflicting city state [name]". One of the replacement city states was Armagh.

I always saved and reloaded the game, as requested, but the settlers seem to be a relict of this operation.

So latest UCS with 4.2.7, i liberated hong kong and later pass a sphere of influence. Every couple of turns a citizen leaves from one of my cities for hong kong and i get around 2k gold and 30 influence meanwhile the CS population remains the same.
First the chance seems a bit high so now i have over 100k and shouldn't the population increase accordingly?
I had something similar, check HK with IGE, probably it has no buildings and starving, so once citizen moves there then he dies.

I had something similar, check HK with IGE, probably it has no buildings and starving, so once citizen moves there then he dies.
VP problem.

I believe I found the explanation for the city state settlers.

In the first three rounds of my game I had three occurences of a city state having to be replaced by another one, due to a "conflicting city state [name]". One of the replacement city states was Armagh.

I always saved and reloaded the game, as requested, but the settlers seem to be a relict of this operation.
With 4.X it is not an issue anymore.

It is this one (from modinfo), it doesn't say whether it is 15.5.1:

<Mod id="b2eb6d1e-1fcb-4a0d-829c-51691aa3183a" version="15">
It says so in the download page. If you just click big download button, you get latest one which is not compatible with 3.10.14. You must enter a history and find v15.5.3 (that is the latest one compatible) and download it manually.

VP problem
Hej, I was testing ne 4.3 experimental, and i found something strange. Couldnt rly connect it to any specific issue, since basically what i was done was add "The Goths" and remove some mod,
and before this issue didnt happend.
So the issue was that, religion panel and religions map disappeared, and it said no religion was found, also all beliefs disappeared, while all were already found. There were no "city states" found in diplomacy, while i found all.
But later i remembered, that i set all civs manually, and by mistake set two times the Germany.. And i wonder, do you recall any issues with mods, when same civ is used twice?
Honestly, i dont rly know how to even describe it. I mean im no expert, but this 4.3 experimenal build, if i understand correctly, did something to tactical AI, so my guessing it should not influence or cause
UI Issues.. So the only "strange" thing i did comparing to other games was setting two "Germanys".. you think this might cause some problems in your mod?

Hej, I was testing ne 4.3 experimental, and i found something strange. Couldnt rly connect it to any specific issue, since basically what i was done was add "The Goths" and remove some mod,
and before this issue didnt happend.
So the issue was that, religion panel and religions map disappeared, and it said no religion was found, also all beliefs disappeared, while all were already found. There were no "city states" found in diplomacy, while i found all.
But later i remembered, that i set all civs manually, and by mistake set two times the Germany.. And i wonder, do you recall any issues with mods, when same civ is used twice?
Honestly, i dont rly know how to even describe it. I mean im no expert, but this 4.3 experimenal build, if i understand correctly, did something to tactical AI, so my guessing it should not influence or cause
UI Issues.. So the only "strange" thing i did comparing to other games was setting two "Germanys".. you think this might cause some problems in your mod?
Just don't place same civ twice. It's unnatural and never tested.

newest patch broke this mod. All options on the city state screen are always availible

newest patch broke this mod. All options on the city state screen are always availible
I suspect that some mods will be incompatible. I started working on updates some time ago. It will be a while until I finish them, so latest beta is currently incompatible with my mods (some).

v16 with tons of new stuff to test. Multiple fixes and balance changes. It was a long way to make it. I'm happy it is finally done.
Code:
- new:
    - added 10 new City-States:
        - 3 Maritime:
            - Jetarkte (South America);
            - Mendyarrup (Australia);
            - Donostia (South-West Europe; blocked by Basques);
        - 3 Mercantile:
            - Al-Tirabin (West Asia);
            - Hanuabada (Oceania);
            - Tunis (North Africa; blocked by Arabia);
        - 3 Militaristic:
            - Bactra (Central Asia; blocked by Persia);
            - Mbabane (F; South Africa);
            - Palmyra (F; West Asia; blocked by Rome);
        - 1 Religious:
            - Saddarvazeh (West Asia; blocked by Persia);
    - added 5 new improvements:
        - Daaq Ah (exlusive for Mogadishu);
        - Buryuut Hajar (exclusive for Al-Tirabin);
        - Funerary Tower (exclusive for Palmyra);
        - Phrourion (exlusive for Bactra);
        - Ribat (exclusive for Tunis);
    - added 2 new promotions:
        - Karla Nyidiny (exclusive for Mendyarrup);
        - Papuan Seafaring Prowess (esclusive for Hanuabada);
    - added new model and icon for Mound improvement;
    - added new model and icon for Monastery improvement (old one is still in the files);
    - added new setting: enable/disable spawning of additional resources around the City-State;
    - added new CS attitude: "Terrified" (means you can demand a Heavy Tribute); it has orange colour (previously "Afraid");
        - "Afraid" has now Tan colour;
        - "Angry" has now Magenta colour;
        - "Afraid" and "Terrified" now can be shown also with positive influence value (was only negative; when positive it was neutral);
- balanced:
    - deleted yields from Tenets;
    - increased tech yields from existing Unique Improvements:
        - Colossal Head: +1 Production with Masonry;
        - Chum: +1 Gold with Philosophy;
        - Monastery: +1 Faith with Construction (moved from Scientific Theory); +1 Culture from Theology; +1 Tourism with Scientific Theory;
        - Mound: +1 Gold with Currency; +1 Gold with Guilds;
        - Sunken Courtyard: +2 Faith with Theology;
        - Totem Pole: +1 Culture with Navigation (was Gold); +1 Tourism with Archaeology; +1 Tourism with Replaceable Parts;
        - Tulou: +1 Food with Engineering;
    - reworked Totem Pole:
        - renamed to "Gyáa'aang";
        - now can also be built on inland Tundra, but requires adjacent Lake, City, Town or Village to start;
        - +1 Culture when adjacent to a City, Town or Village (new);
        - +1 Golden Age Points if there are 2 adjacent Totem Poles (was Production);
        - +1 Golden Age Points to adjacent Coast (was Culture);
    - reworked Mogadishu:
        - loses bonus yields to Foodplains and Ocean tiles;
        - gains new improvement: Daaq Ah;
        - now gains +10% Food during GA (was +5%) and has -5% GAP needed for next GA (was -10%);
    - Hong Kong: deleted "x10" factor from the migration threshold, so now the chance will be ten times lower;
- changed:
    - another huge revision of the improvement tooltips (improved visibility; tech yields listed out; added missing info; add additional spaces; reordered infos);
    - Karyes now track the number of Monasteries nearby using dummy buildings instead of global variable;
    - moved some tags from sql to xml, so now all are in one place;
    - deleted multiple dummies and moved the bonus to policy instead (related to unit production modifiers);
    - replaced manual code for Yangcheng's bonus to animals with query;
- fixed:
    - fixed Karyes' promotion name;
    - fixed Colossal Head placement (it ignored terrain requirement - moved to lua);
    - now Colossal Head does not show turn counter on the build icon (similar to how other GPTIs work);
    - fixed Dogo Canario's placement (could be placed near already placed Dogo);
    - fixed Clermont promotion (now given and taken by lua instead of sql; sql was totally out of control);
    - fixed Ife's ability description;
    - CityStateStatusHelper.lua changes/fixes:
        - added latest Congress #6 proposal changes (Heavy Tribute; Militaristic Gift Counter; Coups; Resting Points);
        - added a period after Unique Unit info;
        - it is now CSL compatible and uses same function there to take current CS atitude;

Top Bottom