Unique Unit All-Star Team by Era

seancolorado

Deity
Here's the deal: You are your own civilization and you get more than one unique unit to construct your ultimate team. In fact, you get one unique unit per era.

-Listed below are the UU's by era. Pick only one in each section. Avoid getting the Unique Ability mixed up with the unit (E.g. Keshik's do not have +2 movement, just +1)

-Promotions carry like normal

-There are no rules to unit type. In other words, you do not have the requirement to have one mounted, one ranged, etc. For example, you could pick only unique ships in each era (not sure why you'd want to do that...)

-If you anticipate too many people will pick a certain UU then don't be afraid to pick based off of personal preference/different strategy to have your team stand out from the rest

-Modern and Atomic eras have been paired together since there are so few units

-Check with this before constructing your team. I strongly recommend it as there is a good chance you are forgetting about a certain trait or two, which traits carry, etc:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...PutWieI/s2000/Unique%20Units%20by%20Class.jpg

ANCIENT
- Jaguar
- Maori Warrior
- Bowman
- Slinger
- Atlatlist
- Dromon
- Quinquereme
- Pictish Warrior
- Immortal
- Hoplite
- Battering Ram
- War Chariot
- War Elephant
- Horse Archer

CLASSICAL
- Companion Cavalry
- Cataphract
- African Forest Elephant
- Ballista
- Mohawk Warrior
- Legion

MEDIEVAL
- Landsknecht
- Longbowman
- Chu-Ko-Nu
- Camel Archer
- Mandekalu Cavalry
- Naresuan's Elephant
- Keshik
- Conquistador
- Samurai
- Beserker
- Hwach'a

RENAISSANCE
- Minuteman
- Tercio
- Musketeer
- Janissary
- Turtle Ship
- Sea Beggar
- Ship of the Line
- Sipahi
- Hakkapeliitta

INDUSTRIAL
- Cossack
- Hussar
- Carolean
- Mehal Sefari
- Norwegian Ski Infantry

MODERN/ATOMIC
- Foreign Legion
- Panzer
- B17
- Zero

I don't have most of those DLC's.

But in ancient I pick the Atlatlist on a landmap, or obviously Dromon on archipelago.

Atlatists are cheap to build and great barbhunters, say the same for Dromons. I do like Pictish warriors as they give you the free faith.

Since this is not a poll, I'm wedging between Chokonu or Mandekalus, I think Keshik's are too map-dependant and Mandekulus can do whatever they want, whenever thay want. So I rate Mandus first, Chokos second and Keshiks third.

Next eras, Hakkapeliitta hands down! It might change in the next patch as they are OP.

After that, you win or you lose, it doesn't matter anymore.

A very interesting tread! so my team is:

Slinger
Mohawk Warrior
Chu-Ko-Nu
Minuteman
Carolean
Foreign Legion

Chu-Ko-Nu will be able to retreat from military attacks and meanwhile fire twice per turn at enemy. You no longer have to keep moving Chu away from enemy melee units. The upgrade line of MW->Minuteman->Carolean->FL makes the game really fun. I'll be able to get a GW Infantry that: has +33% CB in forests and jungles; has free drill AND march promotion; ignore terrain cost; has +20% CB in foreign lands. Crazy.

A very interesting tread! so my team is:

Slinger
Mohawk Warrior
Chu-Ko-Nu
Minuteman
Carolean
Foreign Legion

Chu-Ko-Nu will be able to retreat from military attacks and meanwhile fire twice per turn at enemy. You no longer have to keep moving Chu away from enemy melee units. The upgrade line of MW->Minuteman->Carolean->FL makes the game really fun. I'll be able to get a GW Infantry that: has +33% CB in forests and jungles; has free drill AND march promotion; ignore terrain cost; has +20% CB in foreign lands. Crazy.

I second this.

Atlatlist
Legion
Longbowman
Sea Beggar
Carolean
B17

Love using Atlatists as scouts & being able to skip Archery.
Legions are fab, useful even in peacetime.
Range is key in 1UPT, nuff said.
Sea Begger, haven't used it yet but sounds tasty.
Carolean, ditto.
B17, ditto.

my team would go like this
Pictish Warrior
Mowhawk Warrior
Samurai
Sipahi
Carolean
Foreign Legion

the picts are a killer unit capable of halting an ais growth

the mohawk requires no resource and gets a bonus to forest/jungle

the samurai gets a bonus to flat terreain

the sipahi has no moves to pillage and +1 sight= the ultimats scout

the carolean can bove and heal

and the FFL gets a combat bonus in foreign lands.

Jaguar
Mohawk
Beserker
Minuteman
Carolean
Foreign Legion

+81% CB in Forest and Jungle, +15% CB on hills

+20% outside friendly territory on top of the previous bonuses

Ignores terrain cost and double movement in forest and jungle and +1 movement

Amphibious upgrade

Heals 25hp after killing an enemy, but heals regardless every turn

Not even taking into account the barracks/armory and wonder promotions you might get. You'd have absolutely monstrous infantry by the end of the game.

Dromon, Legion, Chu-Ko-Nu, Janissary, Carolean, B17/Panzer (not sure)

I'd have to go with Battering Ram, Cataphract, Longbowman, Janissary, Carolean, B17. The Battering Ram for silly Ancient-Era conquests, Cataphracts because I just like them (versatile, mobile, tanks), Longbowman 'cause I love having early artillery, Janissary upgraded to a Carolean would be an unstoppable healing machine, and then the B17 would destroy everything that wasn't already dead.

I would KILL for a mod that lets me have my dream team! I even thought about trying to make one, but then I realized I don't have that sort of time :/

Anyway, my list:

Jaguar (because warriors are so bleh)
Legion (builds roads and early-game I like my workers doing other stuff)
Samurai (who doesn't love a good Samurai?)
Minuteman (zero terrain costs make me play the US more than I would otherwise)
Ski Infantry (upgrades minutemen with even better movement)
B17 (say goodnight gracie!)

Someday I will try to make a mod that would give me those special units. Someday!

ANCIENT
- Horse Archer: Incredibly powerful on singleplayer - downright deadly on multiplayer. Strong strong unit

CLASSICAL
- Companion Cavalry: the extra movement is great and if going with super mobile civ the companion cavalry would help me pick up great generals quicker and pick off units

MEDIEVAL

- Keshik: A quick unit and from a Horse Archer Upgrade would just be beast

RENAISSANCE

- Janissary: A unit that would be able to heal quickly for the marches of the army - Alternatively a Sipahi would be nice in this spot.

INDUSTRIAL

- Hussar: Power through swarm - Hussars to flank - alternatively Cossacks would still fit well to the power Keshiks still have

MODERN/ATOMIC
- B17: Rain death from the skies as my mobile armies scout and pick off stragglers.

Horse Archers are not UU's.

ANCIENT
- Pictish Warrior - A Foreign Legion and half the Danish UA (both upgradable, think sipahi like later on), with better God of war belief thrown in for free.

CLASSICAL
- Companion Cavalry - Classic but movement so important, especially early on.

MEDIEVAL

- Longbow - Especially awesome with your core army that has logistics as well.

RENAISSANCE

- Janissary: Still going strong.

INDUSTRIAL

- Cossack - Haven't played Austria (cos of UA) but could be Hussar also

MODERN/ATOMIC
- Panzer - A bit late, but they're everything you're imagining a few thousand years ago with CC's that they would be.

ANCIENT
Horse Archer

CLASSICAL
Legion

MEDIEVAL
Camel Archer

RENAISSANCE
Janissary/Sipahi

INDUSTRIAL
Cossack

MODERN/ATOMIC
Foreign Legion

It is not only a theory if you play hot / mp seat, you can gift units, I had minuteman->foreign legion one of our games.
However while multi upgrade line (jaguar, mohawk, minuteman, carolean, fl) is really fun you would do better if you just choose the most powerful one from each era.

Top Bottom