Unit Creation Sounds Thread

What do you think about a Sounds thread??

• It could be very useful!!!

Votes: 271 84.7%
  • It's OK

Votes: 43 13.4%
  • I don't like the idea,It can't be useful...

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Bad idea!!

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
lol! I think from C&C it is already in wav. format, but when/if I get it, I will post it with a few of my other sounds for a "new" unit.

I created this Sound to go with the BomberBomb.flc for anyone wanting a "Strong Cluster of Bombs" type Sound for Bombing Units requiring this.
Get the Sound Zip here: size 126 KB

Attachments

• multibomb_sound.zip
    126.1 KB · Views: 326
Nice but I thought it to be a bit fast.

Slowed it down a bit so that the bombing sounds heavier and you can enjoy the full flavour of the bombing run. I think you'll like the result.

Attachments

• multibombslow.zip
    247.3 KB · Views: 296
yoshi, your slow version is ok but the BomberBomb.flc is under 2 seconds and your sound is 6.66 seconds. If you open the sound "BomberBomb.wav" that is used for the flc, you will see that it is 3.30 seconds...my MultiBomb.wav is 3.33 seconds. I tested it in the Game and it works well. I would have liked to have had a longer Bomb dropping sound before the Bombs hit but the Timing does not allow for it. I am sure the slow version can be used somewhere.

Oh right. Nice sound either way.

The slower one would be more appropriate to a really heavy bomber unit like a B-52. It would sound awsome with powerful jet engines travelling at slow speed added.

I agree yoshi...One thing that could be accomplished IF you want to use your Slower Sound is to simply Slow the BomberBomb.flc to 166 speed in Flicster and generate a New Storyboard then the New flc using that speed (Re-name the flc)...I believe this would work Exactly for the timing of your slower version and could be used for any Air Bombing unit that you want.

That's a good tip. I may try it out...once I finally DL FLICster. ;)

Here's a link to the CDG Civ3 Sound forum with my new sounds for the War Camel unit (incl. original FLICs).

The two new sounds are CamelFortify.wav and CamelRun.wav. The other sounds used are from the standard Civ3 Horseman unit folder. Enjoy!

Anybody has done (or would be interested in doing) some sounds for Steph's conversions from Cossacks (mostly for the pikes and musketeers) ?

Well, if someone could put these sounds together to play at the same time, this would be a really cool attack sound. BTW, cool avatar, man, :goodjob:

Attachments

• machine sounds.zip
    69.3 KB · Views: 243
Thanks, your avatar rocks too. I'm no good with adding sounds together, but I'll look at them anyway.

Don't know if anyone comes in here anymore, but I am in need of an assault rifle attack sound for Kinboat's Modern Legion. It needs a 1+ second long clip or so of a 3 round burst. I have several 3-round bursts, but they are all in quick succession (it looks silly to have muzzelflash going but no sound coming out). If anybody can edit wav's here is a clip of a 2 round burst with ideal spacing. I'd appreciate it if somebody could "copy" an extra shot at the end (and lower the volume/amplitude of the wav slightly, it is a little loud in game).

Bungus said:
Don't know if anyone comes in here anymore, but I am in need of an assault rifle attack sound for Kinboat's Modern Legion. It needs a 1+ second long clip or so of a 3 round burst. I have several 3-round bursts, but they are all in quick succession (it looks silly to have muzzelflash going but no sound coming out). If anybody can edit wav's here is a clip of a 2 round burst with ideal spacing. I'd appreciate it if somebody could "copy" an extra shot at the end (and lower the volume/amplitude of the wav slightly, it is a little loud in game).

Here's your file. The first try seemed too loud still, so I made a second attempt. Each took less than 10". If it's not what you expected it's a good place to start moding sounds. Audacity which I used, comes free.

Attachments

• 3burst2.zip
    94.5 KB · Views: 202
This sound should be useful for any muslim troops: God is great.
I'm using it as victory sound.

Attachments

• allah.zip
    8 KB · Views: 261
Top Bottom