Unit Healing rates

Could we not restrict that perticular promotion by domain (no air, no water), or would such restrictions be ignored in this scenario?

Even if you could it would still be better to give it something for naval units instead since why should naval units be able to get any other sign but not this one? IMO, being a bit of an astrologer myself, it kinda upsets the scheme.

I have already mentioned what I would like to do with this set of promotions. However I have no problems with having a number of Capricorn promotions each suitable to only certain segments. IE one for ships another for infantry, another for mounted and another for workers.

I have already mentioned what I would like to do with this set of promotions. However I have no problems with having a number of Capricorn promotions each suitable to only certain segments. IE one for ships another for infantry, another for mounted and another for workers.
Yes, although crude it might be the best option to have a few promotion with same name and button, but with different stats.

What is it that you have mentioned about these promotions? I think I've missed it.

The zodiac should be based on your base culture. You should not get these promotions until you have Astrology and they should go obsolete at Mars landing or earlier.

The zodiac should be based on your base culture. You should not get these promotions until you have Astrology and they should go obsolete at Mars landing or earlier.
Sounds good; I would offer help but I don't know how.

Obsolete at astronomy is a bit early but perhaps at scientific methods (if that tech is in C2C; I might remember it from vanilla bts)

Sounds good; I would offer help but I don't know how.

Obsolete at astronomy is a bit early but perhaps at scientific methods (if that tech is in C2C; I might remember it from vanilla bts)

I think you misread DH's post. The Astro Sign Promos would Start at Astrology and go Obsolete at Mars Landing, Not obsolete at Astronomy. ;)

Are you getting too much on your plate?

JosEPh

I think you misread DH's post. The Astro Sign Promos would Start at Astrology and go Obsolete at Mars Landing, Not obsolete at Astronomy. ;)

Are you getting too much on your plate?

JosEPh

I read his post correctly.

I just though mars landing was a bit too late.

EDIT:
Sometimes I presume my first thought/sentence is not worth saying, so I skip right to my second thought/sentence. ^^
In this instance it was: "Begin at astrology and end at astronomy would feel elegant."

It's not always easy to know how ones words will be interpreted as the one speaking is heavily biased.

In this instance it was: "Begin at astrology and end at astronomy would feel elegant."

That was my first thought also, and was what I proposed first. Then I thought Moon Landing but the moon does have an effect here on earth so went for Mars landing.

Isn't expiring at Mars Landing basically 'never'? You've gone from a Renaissance tech to a Modern tech to a (presumably) Transhuman tech.

I'd go for scientific method as well. Even nowadays the superstitious astrology stuff is booming, but I don't think this will end as soon as we sent humans to mars. So I'd take a more gameplay-wise point in history (a shorter span for this promotion). Maybe Astronomy would be even better.

By the way, something I've (halfway) done in the Dangerous Animals modmod and that could be relevant for the main game would be to spread a bit the effects of Hunter promotions - currently it's a no-brainer for any hunter unit.
What I mean is that it'd be more interesting (because it offers more tactical choices) if there was a promotion that made a unit better to fight animals, and another that made it better to subdue animals, instead of one that get both. That's what I did with the Hunter line (which could even have 0 bonus to subdue) and the Ensnare line (though the prereq tech of the latter is maybe a bit late).

By the way, something I've (halfway) done in the Dangerous Animals modmod and that could be relevant for the main game would be to spread a bit the effects of Hunter promotions - currently it's a no-brainer for any hunter unit.
What I mean is that it'd be more interesting (because it offers more tactical choices) if there was a promotion that made a unit better to fight animals, and another that made it better to subdue animals, instead of one that get both. That's what I did with the Hunter line (which could even have 0 bonus to subdue) and the Ensnare line (though the prereq tech of the latter is maybe a bit late).
I don't see the gain in complicating that particular aspect of promotions. I would much rather see a larger negative :strength:% and a much lower "chance to subdue" bonus in the hunter line. This would make not only ensnare more important, but other promotions as well.

EDIT:I'm not entirely negative to your proposal though, will think it over some more.

@Rwn: Something like this:

Hunter I: 5→5 % chance to subdue | -0% :strength: | +30% :strength: vs Animals
Hunter II: 20→10 % chance to subdue | -25% :strength: | +60% :strength: vs Animals
Hunter III: 20→10 % chance to subdue | -15% :strength: | +60% :strength: vs Animals
Hunter IV: 20→10 % chance to subdue | -10% :strength: | +60% :strength: vs Animals

And perhaps reduce the hunter unit-lines intrinsic :strength: vs Animals down to 50%.

Ensnare I: 5→10 % chance to subdue
Ensnare II: 10→15 % chance to subdue
Ensnare III: 10→20 % chance to subdue

v0.9.1

Changed subdue chance for many promotions and made some adjustments to recon, hunter and strike team units. The latter is a bit outside the original scope of this modmod, but not entirely inappropriate.

Has these changes to healing rates been added in to the Main mod?

The reason I ask is this, When do Healers actually start healing now? The Green Plus promo That fights Disease, that they always had, no longer shows up. And the pop up for Building Up Disease Control does not seem to work either. Or if it does it's hidden and very weak.

JosEPh

Has these changes to healing rates been added in to the Main mod?
Yes, but only base unit healing rates, group size healing rate modifiers, and self heal promo healing rates modifiers, nothing else. EDIT: I also removed healing rates from combat and woodsman promos in the main mod.
The reason I ask is this, When do Healers actually start healing now? The Green Plus promo That fights Disease, that they always had, no longer shows up. And the pop up for Building Up Disease Control does not seem to work either. Or if it does it's hidden and very weak.
The build up require that you have the first green plus promo that fights disease, and that promo is first unlocked by naturopathy tech. Just to be clear, I did not change it to be like this, TB did when he introduced the build up system. But I think the green plus promotion that fights disease has always required naturopathy.

I know that Healers show up with healers Hut at Naturopathy, but the Display in game for the healer no longers shows the Green Plus. I looked at Healer in UnitInfos and it still has the -5 disease property. It just doesn't show it ingame like it used to do. Hence my concern that it had been changed. I was waiting for my healers to "level up" to show that Promo Display (Green +) but it just wasn't happening. And even with my changes to Pests added in the Disease was still making huge leaps and I had used every Disease fighting building that was abvailable. At 2000BC, Ancient Era, Epic, Monarch, my Capital already has 9 Healers plus 1 wise woman I have not upgraded yet. That just seems excessive to me. So I wonder is Anyone on the Team going to Stagger some of the Diseases that are Stacked at level 100? Or is it going to take another Modmod to show this is needed?

JosEPh

Top Bottom