Unit Mecha

Yep I'm working on the Guardian mode as well... It's going to move as the Jet, Fortify into the guardian, and fight as the full Mecha form... I've downloaded a bunch of pictures off various sites... the model is basicly the original but I think the head came off a picture off the Valkyrie model... might change that. The only difference between most of them is a little extra added armor and/or boosters on the back. Plus the heads vary slightly... still don't known how the finished will look... I'm actually scrapping most of this model and working on a (i hope) better version. From certain angles it looks way to thin... plus the transformation from plane to guardian is giving me some problems... it doesn't really work in real world mechanics (space problems) but I should be able to fudge something up... by the way if anyone has an animation of the transformation in action it would really help me work out just how they do it.

take a look at www.robotech.com go to the navigation bar at left, go to robotech gallery, then go to flash/shockwave...some of them show transformations :D
try the very first one and another one called soldier's fortune

Thanks... I've updated my models... have a look and let me know. I'll probably start a new thread in a day or so (once I have the first FLC file finished).

Attachments

• veritech2.gif
    veritech2.gif
    53 KB · Views: 577
Looks pretty good. The only suggestion I have is that it carries the auto-cannon gun thingy in it's hand in Guardian mode as well as in Battloid mode. Other than that it looks great!

WOW!! they look good!
oh btw, i'm attaching a movie file showing complete transformation from plane to guardian to battloid mode!

the above file is transformation for VF-19...it takes a while to connect to the site, so patience is a virtue :D

edit: actually i tried 5 times to load the stupid movie in zip file format, but it just wouldn't load...and i was using the file server, and the movie is only 1.3Mb in zip format...:cry:

kinboat, if you want it still, and if you have ICQ, i can transfer file over to you...i can't really direct you to the site, cuz it's all in Korean:(

another edit: I did it!!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/VF19_.zip

Kinboat,

Your last models are far superior to the first ones! This is going to look amaz... let me rephrase that. This IS looking amazing!

Your planes have all turned out excellent. You were the right choice to do a Veritech. I'm sure everyone else agrees with me on that!

Looking forward to the new thread. Could you post the location of the new thread on this thread so that we're notified?

Thanks.

Thanks for the movie (downloading it now) And I actually just don't know why I left the gun out of the guardian mode... it'll be easy to leave it in :) Thanks Kingpin... This why I do these things, for the glowing praise and warm fuzzy feeling they give me :) :) Still not quite happy with the guardian mode but I'm my own worst critic it seems... As soon as i open the thread I'll let you know.

Absolutely Awesome, Kinboat!

You've really taken off with this whole mech thing. I found several 3d models last week of a robotech naval transport, a robotech tank and some other robotech style stuff I thought might be fairly simple to create units out of as they were allready 3D models.

Keep up the good work!

What format were the models in?

Originally posted by Ed O'War
I look forward to a chain-gun variant. I also look forward to your WWI mono-plane. Pesoloco was working on a triplane (the Red Baron) for awhile, but I don't know if he's still going to finish it or not (I sure hope he is). The more units the better... :)

It's a tough one to make and so many other units keep getting in the way of its progress. Dont worry. I just got a new 3d model put together for it so the animations should be easier and quicker to make.

Cool... Just keep your dreaded baron from shotting all my WWI planes out of the air :)

Great work ! Is there any trick you used for the lighting effect from the chain guns firing ? I would like to know if there is an easy way to make a lighing effect from gunfire upon a units surface. Thanks .

Well I do all my units in a 3D modeler so the lighting effects are generally easier than editing it by hand pixel by pixel... It calculates were the light falls etc. but really you could do it by hand, just create a color with just a little more yellow (and maybe slightly brighter) then the base color it's shining on and drop it in were ever the light would strike... that would take a long time. Hope that helps a little. If you need tips on lighting in a 3D program let me know and I'll try to share what I know.

You are a top-notch artist when it comes to making units, Kinboat. The two mechs and your fighter/jet are really something to look at. :goodjob:
I downloaded all of your units, and hope you keep making futuristic units like this, as my homemade mod is lacking in that end of the unit spectrum. If you could make a Mech designed for heavy artillery role, I would be so happy. Keep up the fantastic work! :)

I'd say the Missile Mech, or whatever Kinboat called it, fits the artillery role quite nicely. I've assigned the Gatling Mech a defensive role so you quite often see the two of them waddling around together. Very nice. There's nothing like firing several dozen missiles at an enemy city from a towering metal behemoth ...

Originally posted by Kingpin
I'd say the Missile Mech, or whatever Kinboat called it, fits the artillery role quite nicely. I've assigned the Gatling Mech a defensive role so you quite often see the two of them waddling around together. Very nice. There's nothing like firing several dozen missiles at an enemy city from a towering metal behemoth ...

Yeah, that's what I did. I gave them a move of 1, all terrain as roads and made them available with robotics. Works pretty well for me. Oh yeah, here's a slightly modified walk sound for them

MechRun.zip

Top Bottom