• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Unit pack: WWII paratroopers, 15 Jan 2005

Steph said:
We can use your new settings for British, and the old one for another country
America?? :)

The old one would go nicely for early war allied paratroopers (those using round helmets, of course). Note that his type of overall would not be used in later years, as more practical unifroms in conventional cuts (see Bebro's) would be introduced. In this respect the British were quite advanced. I have to confess that I intentionaly replaced the C3C WWII paratrooper with the original Civ3 vanilla one to keep this perfect looking unit in the modern times :)

Re Goldflash's "In all honesty, the Paratrooper that came with C3C looks American to me." - you're probably right, but I said I make one at the CDG and I think it would be unfair to take it back now. It would also mean the work already done on the US para would be wasted.

So next will be US and updated British, then I'll see....;)

.....you´ll see a russian paratrooper??? ;) :D

This is a preview for the US para I plan. There could be still some changes (eg. on those little bags for ammo), but I need a little bit feedback about the uniform, esp. about its color - is it ok? Because on some pics i saw it looked rather like a green tone, on some more into brown. I asked this at the CDG, but they are currently "in transition" (changing the forum etc.)

Attachments

• uspara01.jpg
    uspara01.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 238
John Falkner said:
.....you´ll see a russian paratrooper??? ;) :D

Russians were the first to create paratroops.
French officialy create their own "Groupe d'Infanterie de l'Air" (or paratroops) the 01 february 1936.
Unfortunately, I've only very bad looking photographs of those troops...

I think the American unifrom should be a bit darker, but i'm not sure...

Bebro,

Maybe just 1 shade darker should do fine.But looking good sofar.

Yes the folding version is shorter then the regular version of the M1.

And those are great sites. And i like the looks of the Screaming eagles. LOL. Go 1/187th A.B. lol.

Yeah - cool too. I wonder what that little thing on the helmet is - I believe I saw at least one pic somewhere with those "glasses" I put on the helmet in the preview, but now all pics I see have those little bag (or whatever it is). I think I'll change that too.

Top Bottom