Unit request: Solar sail ship

I was afraid this would be the case, POV-Ray (what I use) isn't compatible with 3DS Max, my advice earlier was in general terms since I guesed that the program you use is 3DS. I'm guessing you want to see my files to see how I managed to make the sails flap in the wind, if that's the case my suggestion is that you have the middle of the sail expand away from where your 'wind' is blowing, you can probably do this by actually enlarging the sail object. Its best to have the first half of the animation make the sail expand, and then the next half have the sail return to its original size. Hope this helps, and I hope I understood your question correctly.

I stand corrected, I'll have to try that out, see how it works sometime. Anyways modelling is almost done so I'll attach a preview of how its looking so far. I've just got two more sails and then I can start animating. If all goes well this unit might be released tomorrow in tradition with my latest 'A unit every 3 days' production streak.

Attachments

• Solar Sailer.JPG
    Solar Sailer.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 78
Wow... this looks absolutely great!!! :eek: Can't wait to see the end result...

Orthanc said:
I stand corrected, I'll have to try that out, see how it works sometime. Anyways modelling is almost done so I'll attach a preview of how its looking so far. I've just got two more sails and then I can start animating. If all goes well this unit might be released tomorrow in tradition with my latest 'A unit every 3 days' production streak.

Look true and very good! Expect your unit very much! See that you are busy recently, think of your etc. idle time give your GUNDAM model. When you are not busy or are interested , can make!

Unfortunately la_dav I am currently very busy with several unit projects, but once that's done with, which might take until mid August to early September, I might have a crack at making a Gundam unit for you, luckily I know a few places to get material (like pictures) from which to base any models.

More importantly to this thread, I got this thing finished! Officially my quickest unit, just 2 days! Anyways, I'll be making the thread in the Unit Graphics forum right after this post. See you there!

Orthanc said:
Unfortunately la_dav I am currently very busy with several unit projects, but once that's done with, which might take until mid August to early September, I might have a crack at making a Gundam unit for you, luckily I know a few places to get material (like pictures) from which to base any models.

More importantly to this thread, I got this thing finished! Officially my quickest unit, just 2 days! Anyways, I'll be making the thread in the Unit Graphics forum right after this post. See you there!

:) Do not concern! Any person has the time with busy self! I like your unit, I more expect your works, this is a kind of enjoyment! :D :lol:

Top Bottom