Unit Request Thread 3

Good evening!
I have some request for modern-time units.
Its difficult to complete modern day's army list for any country in Civ3, but I belive in you, guys =)

There are some units for USSR\Russia army that are missing.
1) BMP-2 (it's looks like BMP-1, but another turret and some changes in hull) and BMP-3
Yes, there are some in database, but they are looks like a bit cartoonish. Sorry.
BMP-1 is as good as i need
2) BMD-1,-2 or -3,-4 (They are similar and will not be so different in Civ3 game)
This is Russian Paratroopers Battle Vehicle (Boyevaia Mashina Desanta)
Somehow like BMP, but airdropable with crew, can swim like BMP and lighter armoured. Russian Paratroopers (V.D.V. Vozdushno Desantniye Voiska, Air Drop Forces) use this BMD as much as usual motoinfantry uses IFV's.
3) Ural truck - russian good army truck.
4) Modern Russian Infantry (AK-series of infantry displays not modern russian but soviet 1960th infantryman). RPG-7 infantry - very good one.
5) T-72B or T-72BA (Т-72Б или Т-72БА)) nowadays, it is MOST NUMEROUS MAIN BATTLE TANK of Russia. Not T-90 (they are not so many in Russia army), Nor T-80B (Т-80Б или Т-80БВ). Variation before 1985 on T-72B has old-style brick-like ERA, after 1985 T-72B has new ERA armor and another additions. T-72BA Looks like early T-90s, and even T-90A (deep modernization of T-72B to be as good as T-90)
Note: basic "New Russian not soviet Tank" T-90 (1993) is just renamed T-72BU (Т-72БУ). Later, T-90S or T-90A are far upgraded version of T-90, not similar to T-72.
Also, T-80U or T-80UK (Т-80У или Т-80УК) - more modern and more in russian ranks.
And, for Soviet Union, Russia, ukraine and Moldovian Rebels, T-64BV (Т-64БВ) MBT. It is a preseccusor of T-72, still in service.

If need, may provide you some materials like blueprints, photos, videos, schemes, drawnings, 3D models maybe and so on =)

If there are complete models in forum or database - just say the word.
If some on external links - just give me a link please =)

And, maybe, any Hovercraft transport?
Many of them are in use by Soviet\Russian and NATO Naval Forces!!!

Wyrmshadow made two of them (Soviet) and IIRC one American.

Given the extent of your desires, my advice is to go to the Downloads Database Civ3 Modern Units section and browse and be happily astounded.

Cheers,

Oz

Wyrmshadow made two of them (Soviet) and IIRC one American.

Given the extent of your desires, my advice is to go to the Downloads Database Civ3 Modern Units section and browse and be happily astounded.

Cheers,

Oz

Are you sure ,Oz? Browsed my own and the forum archive but found nothing. Even searched my memories ,but no hit ... :blush:
But I`ve found several Hover units - Hovertank ,Hoverartillery and so on...

Links would be welcome. :D

Are you sure ,Oz? Browsed my own and the forum archive but found nothing. Even searched my memories ,but no hit ... :blush:
But I`ve found several Hover units - Hovertank ,Hoverartillery and so on...

Links would be welcome. :D

Absolutely. He made an LCAC (US) and the 2 Sovs - an Ekranoplane and another whose name esapes me ATM.

I'll search and (if need be) post w/in the next 24 hrs.

NB: The Sovs DO NOT look like air cushion vehicles!!

:hatsoff: ,

Oz

Absolutely. He made an LCAC (US) and the 2 Sovs - an Ekranoplane and another whose name esapes me ATM.

I'll search and (if need be) post w/in the next 24 hrs.

NB: The Sovs DO NOT look like air cushion vehicles!!

:hatsoff: ,

Oz

Ah ,these ones !
"Lun-Class Ekranoplane" and "Boeing Pelican ULTRA" and "A-90 Orlyonok" are the correct names. But now - what is LCAC ? The Boeing ?

I`ve thought of more conventional ones.

I have Wyrm's:

1. LCAC
  2. Boeing Pelican (similar to the 2 Soviets below)
  3. Lun-Ekranoplane (sp?)
  4. Orlyonok

I cannot emphasize enough how insanely busy I am/will be for awhile, so I'd be very grateful if someone would check the db for these before we go any further.

Best,

Oz

Thanx Guys! Most of units I added to my scenario are Wyrmshadow's creations! He is godlike one =)
But Ekranoplanes means "ships with plane-style wings, engines and hull", not Hovercraft =(
Storm over Civ? Will search!

Thanx Guys! Most of units I added to my scenario are Wyrmshadow's creations! He is godlike one =)
But Ekranoplanes means "ships with plane-style wings, engines and hull", not Hovercraft =(
Storm over Civ? Will search!

Your god demands a sacrifice. Cut off a finger.

And they say Americans can't do sarcasm…

I have many many plans to make many things. I have hundreds of models I haven't even touched and just as many I feel I need to redo. But I'm not making any promises or putting forth any lists. It's just too much. I know it's asking for a lot of patience but I will get to them when I have time. I just get bord and distracted very easily. Just look at my art link in my sig and you can see.

I have many many plans to make many things. I have hundreds of models I haven't even touched and just as many I feel I need to redo. But I'm not making any promises or putting forth any lists. It's just too much. I know it's asking for a lot of patience but I will get to them when I have time. I just get bord and distracted very easily. Just look at my art link in my sig and you can see.

Personally, I have found that anything you create is worth waiting for. ;)
Let the requests and pleas roll off your shoulders and continue at your own pace. I for one will be happy to wait patiently for the delicacies that you serve up. :coffee:

This is not a restaurant ;).

Top Bottom