Unit Request Thread 3

I know that there are lots of sniper units out there, and some really nice looking ones, but can there be one made that has attack A using the sniper rifle and attack B using a handgun/pistol. That way the bombardment would be w/ the sniper rifle and when another unit attacks it, it could use his handgun.

Navy Dawg has made such a unit. But which ... ?!?

I'll have to check then...

I`ve found them back. I was right with Navy Dawg. But the unit is not a sniper.
All of his RPG units (he has done 4 different ones) have this anim.

I need two vessels for my Napoleonic Wars ver 2.
The first is a Rocket Ship

The ship is entirely given over to the business of launch ramps and rocket stands. Given that rockets are horribly inaccurate, the most effective way of using them is to fire a great many at a single target all at once. Such a peppering with rockets, some of which may still be burning, can cause a target to catch fire or even explode. There is also a risk of explosion aboard the rocket ship and, because of this inherent danger, most navies see little point in using good quality hulls to mount rockets. There is little need to reinforce the fabric of the ship, because the rockets do not create much recoil, but rigging chains (not ropes) and wetted sails are standard to reduce the risk of fire.

Military rockets in Europe were the result of some very nasty surprises suffered by European troops in India, where rockets had long been used in warfare. In Britain, Congreve’s rockets were direct copies of Indian weapons although this made them no less fearsome. Rockets were made with all kinds of warheads from simple spears to explosive shells; proposals were even put forward for a variety of war gasses and chemicals, although these were rejected as barbarous and un-Christian by every government. On ships, explosive heads were preferred, as these did the most damage to wooden targets.

The second is the BombKetch

All sailing ships rely on having their masts and sails in positions that give them a balanced and evenly weighted push from the wind. Bomb ketches are not handy sailing vessels, thanks to their compromised rigging and the weight of the mortar and its mounting. The design needs to keep the forward portion of the ship clear for firing the mortar.

The strength of a bomb is in its mortar. This can throw an explosive shell high into the air to plunge down on enemies. The fact that the shell is explosive rather than solid adds to its deadly qualities: men and structures are equally shredded by the arrival of a shell.

Duty aboard a “bomb” was not an enviable posting, and there was a good reason why bomb ketches were named after volcanoes, fire-gods or fearsome ideas. They had a nasty tendency to explode, thanks to the shells that they carried; fire aboard a mortar was far more dangerous than aboard any other type of sailing ship, as the ammunition as well as the propellant powder could go up! Despite this, all navies found them a useful ship to have, and the original French design was soon copied by all the sea-going European powers.

Perhaps someone could use an appropriate existing sailing ship and add an appropriate suitable animation for each vessel.

I found this while browsing around. This animation would work, but the vessel itself is inappropriate. If someone could create a ship like the rocket ship pictured above with this type of animation it might work. View attachment privateer.zip

Attachments

• RocketShip.jpg
    RocketShip.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 441
  • BombKetch.jpg
    BombKetch.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 428
Is there a Expeditionary Fighting Vehcile available? I checked Wyrm's Modern Fighting Vehciles and saw none
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expeditionary_Fighting_Vehicle
Also has anyone done any of the new Littoral Combat Ships
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littoral_combat_ship
And lastly a RAH-66 Comanche
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comanche_helicopter

On a more Sci-Fi bent
Are there any Alpha, Beta, Logan fighters or Cyclone bikes from Robotech Second Generation/ Genesis Climber MOSPEADA?

I have looked through the database and if I have missed them I apologize in advance

Is there a Expeditionary Fighting Vehcile available? I checked Wyrm's Modern Fighting Vehciles and saw none
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expeditionary_Fighting_Vehicle
Also has anyone done any of the new Littoral Combat Ships
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littoral_combat_ship
And lastly a RAH-66 Comanche
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comanche_helicopter

On a more Sci-Fi bent
Are there any Alpha, Beta, Logan fighters or Cyclone bikes from Robotech Second Generation/ Genesis Climber MOSPEADA?

I have looked through the database and if I have missed them I apologize in advance

AFAIK no EFV or Commanche but check for Wyrm's Arsenal Ship (a personal favorite ;:) )

-Oz

I would like to state again my wish to see a Cthulhu unit :)

I'm still on the hunt for one; to make it and a leaderhead. I have an idea where perhaps I might be able to build the rest of Cthulhu off of an existing non-Cthulhu model that looks similar in ways. Enough modifications to it should produce a sufficient Cthulhu; no gaurentees though.

The texture could always be tweaked or changed. Chances are it wouldn't be noticable at civ scale for a unit, but if it were a leaderhead it might be more apparent. Overall it looks good though.

Has an animated walk cycle also. I am 'dumb' in Poser though, I started learning it long ago, but haven't used it since, so I would be like a noob trying to do something there. I stopped due to the random crashes that I could never quite figure out (although I thought I did for a time), although I get them to be pretty infequent now.

Couple of WW1 aircraft requests:

[UK] Royal Aircraft Factory R.E.5 two seat reconnaissance plane
[UK] Royal Aircraft Factory R.E.7 two seat reconnaissance plane
[Russia] Mosca MB 2Bis monoplane fighter with single unsynchronized forward firing machine gun

Since I am not a unit maker, I am loathe to make requests. So I'll call it a modest suggestion.

Any of our talented unit creators thought of making a work elephant? With his mahout, of course. I realize the many worker actions would be a (pain) challenge to create, but it sure would look sharp in-game. I'm sure people would find a use for it (requires ivory, moves faster in jungle, better worker speed, etc.).

I attached some purty pictures to get your gears turning.

Since I am not a unit maker, I am loathe to make requests. So I'll call it a modest suggestion.

Any of our talented unit creators thought of making a work elephant? With his mahout, of course. I realize the many worker actions would be a (pain) challenge to create, but it sure would look sharp in-game. I'm sure people would find a use for it (requires ivory, moves faster in jungle, better worker speed, etc.).

I attached some purty pictures to get your gears turning.

I second this request. It's a great request. I'd use it. As you say though probably a difficult one to make.

Nick

Top Bottom