1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Request Thread 3

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Plotinus, Jan 9, 2009.

1. MadGAD

MadGAD Warlord

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Civ3 Modding Archivist

That's one interesting looking vessel. Wyrmshadow did make an LCAC as well as 3 different aircraft which fly so low that they're basically ships (sorry, I forget the proper military/tech-speak :( )

-Oz

3. MadGAD

MadGAD Warlord

Ekranoplanes =)
    Thanks, Oz.
    But ekranoplanes are just something between planes and boats, not hovercrafts (I use in my scenarios pelikan, lun' and orlyenok, they are true nice)
    And one old LCAC is not enough. If compare to last Wyrm works, this one is not so good.
    Also, "Zubr" that I ask could assist to marines with it's own armament. It used by Greece, Ukraine, Russia. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkrXimRnSc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDd9vlnqRuo&feature=related see em' firin'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOEQhRCqcmU Zubr in begining of Video in one old Sudden-Strike game series

I think they used some 3D to make sprite models.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0weJ2dNRHi0

4. Ozymandias

Thanks for the term :) That having been said, I hereby officially "second" your request.

Best,

Oz

5. Starryager

Starryager Warlord

Hi. I would like to request some units so that i can add to my scenarios. I would be glad to have these units. I'm making a future wars game.

Mobile Construction Vechicle (Settler) (With Civ Color Please)

Stealth Tank (Color Red) (It shoots missles, preferrable first attack to launch rocket barrage, then shoot 1 after 1 for second attack)

Armored Personal Carrier (Civ Color Please) (It is armed with machine gun on top)

Thanks.

6. MadGAD

MadGAD Warlord

7. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Deity

Type 23 "Duke" class frigate
    Osa missile boat
    Zubr landing ship.

I have all 3 models just no time right now.

8. Stratagist IV

Stratagist IV Ex virtute honos

After some rooting around in unit libraries and searching the forums in general, I saw some requests for a warforged (see WOTC D&D Ebberon) unit, mainly in [civ4]

My request is for one to use in [c3c], preferably with spear. Maybe a glowing, civ-coloured insignia (ghurla)?

9. Starryager

Starryager Warlord

Hi, I would like to have these new units add to my Future Warfare game. I've look into futursic units, I like only few, but i find alot of them unappealing to my game mod that I want to create. So, I was wondering if someone can make the units i request?

Engineer (They are like workers) (Civ Color Please)

Suryevor (Settlers) (Civ Color Please)

Flamethrower (With Civ Color Please) (Don't have right link to it, but can you make it armored and future-like?)

Thanks.

10. Ozymandias

@Starryager - Wyrmshadow made a unit which he called a, "Constructor" (pic attached) which is actually a Settler and should be in the d/l db; if not, let me know.

Best,

:scan:z

Attached Files:

11. Starryager

Starryager Warlord

Unit Request: Techno Assassian

Armed with dual daggers. is it possible to make it civ color? Because i would like to use it for all the factions for my game.

Also is it possible to make that assassian throw both of it daggers for the first attack, then swiftly withrdraw both of it extra daggers and start to stab at enemy rapidly? It would be epic. :eek:

12. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Here's a new kind of request...

Gojira and I have been discussing using pre-placed exploding terrain in a version of his Modzilla which will feature a map of Tokyo done something like the map in the Super Scenario. The idea is that a tile could be covered by a unit that looks like a tile, and which would explode when Godzilla steps on it. I made a little GIF to demonstrate what I thought could be done. This would be 'default', 'defend', and 'death', perhaps:

I hope this conveys the idea.

This is c'n'p'd using the fireaxis anarchy animation (destroy.pcx), Vuldacon's Trajectory Bombard FX, and a smoke animation that Tom2050 posted.

Anyone want to make a unit out of this? I could provide the GIMP file for this, or detailed instructions. Our hope is to also have some Landmark Buildings Units for Monsters to destroy....

Of course, a unit like this could also be used with the Super Scenario, or my Manhattan terrain, or I suppose it could be a City unit for a really dull civ....

13. Ozymandias

I just came across this puppy and would love to see it as a unit :)

14. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

That's something I could model, but certainly not animate.

15. cemo1956

cemo1956 King

I must bring back some old 1945-50s stuff that was the basic of British Tank Corps after WW2.

The British A34 Comet

still strange that this tank hasn´t been made by any creator IMHO

I believe Wyrmshadow doesn´t have a model or he would surely made it in his Modern AFV thread.

So the Q goes out if anyone seen a cheap model to make into a Civ3 unit.
    I´m certain many modders have wished for this tank for a long time.

Attached Files:

16. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

Can somebody please make German cavalry from WWII.
    Thanks in advance.:)

Attached Files:

17. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

I found these images of Illiryan warriors which could be useful for ancient scenarios.

Attached Files:

18. cemo1956

cemo1956 King

In a quest to get the "first" aircrafts that made some "noice" in the pre WW2 era and to complement the very huge Wyrmshadow Air Force already made I must add to this first request of the early american fighter another fighter in this era.

Grumman F3F

With the newly made Bristol Bulldog for the British and the earlier made Gloster Gladiator and Swordfishes these two American early fighters saw little or none actions in WW2 but all the same they were in service at the start of WW2.

Made biggest hopes of course goes out to the Aircraft manufactors like TopGun and Wyrmshadow to rectify this gap between WWI era and WW2 era in the case of fighters.

Attached Files:

19. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Deity

I've got the F3F, it's just sitting on my drive but I haven't set anything up for animation yet. I was using it for reflection experiments.

20. Redback

Redback King

Suggesion ==> Barbwire !!

A barbwire 'unit' which we can preplace, immobile and high defence.