Unit Request Thread 3

Jerry's Goldfish, I insist on you using proper spelling and capitalisation, it's much easier to get your requests answered or even considered if you do such a thing.

Easy there guys, you're way off topic. Claws in. This is a civilized civ site. Say that 10 times and you'll feel better.

And, so that I'm not off-topic, I'll reiterate that I could really use a pack mule, a Heyoka priest, a missionary priest*, a basic riderless horse, and a longhorn steer for my Western Mod. That's my least unreasonable wish list.

*we need priests generally, IMHO. I thought that they'd proliferate after Charm was discovered in the editor code, but, nada. Go figure.

Erm, serial thread, over a thousand posts, shouldn't we go on to unit Tequest thread #4?

btw the Pegasus is open to negotiations at any time.

No pack mule, but I have a pack ox.

It's a start.. I'm still hoping for a donkey, burro, or mule, but good luck finding an ass on the internet!

Say, Tom, weren't you working on a riderless horse recently? It reminds me of my favorite reference for horses: Feenix Gallery, found >here<, might be useful to unit-makers because of it's history-laden descriptions, and detailed illustrations. I get lost in it, because I think, once upon a time, people could identify horse breeds like we can identify types of cars, and for the same reason: you wouldn't want to go to war in a Ferrari.

"But what about the burro? Turns out that the burro is a small donkey that is often used as a pack animal because it is particularly sure-footed."

Wrong. 'Burro' means any donkey.

It's a start.. I'm still hoping for a donkey, burro, or mule, but good luck finding an ass on the internet!

Say, Tom, weren't you working on a riderless horse recently? It reminds me of my favorite reference for horses: Feenix Gallery, found >here<, might be useful to unit-makers because of it's history-laden descriptions, and detailed illustrations. I get lost in it, because I think, once upon a time, people could identify horse breeds like we can identify types of cars, and for the same reason: you wouldn't want to go to war in a Ferrari.

Thanks Balthasar; I started finishing that file a few days ago to prepare to make a bunch of them. I remember seeing that link somewhere, it is a very good reference. The ox could probably be modified to look like a donkey; no one would be able to tell a difference at civ scale.

Thanks Balthasar; I started finishing that file a few days ago to prepare to make a bunch of them.

That's very good news. I've got a good system for horses: They can be auto-produced by a stable, and they upgrade to horsemen, but require a citizen to do so.

The ox could probably be modified to look like a donkey; no one would be able to tell a difference at civ scale.

Really? I'd think it would be easier to shrink a horse and add rabbit ears, but if you say so.. Hey, if that ox could also be rendered as a longhorn steer (that is, if the pack is removable, natch) it would kill two or three birds for me in one stone-toss, boss...

I've got a good system for horses: They can be auto-produced by a stable, and they upgrade to horsemen, but require a citizen to do so.
Hmm... I don't think upgrades can ever cost any citizens, only new-builds can. I'm happy to be proven wrong though :)

= In the Editor I set my Cavalry as "Pop.Cost: 1" - this will reduce my Population by 1 citizen for every Cavalry Unit built.

= I set the Knight Unit to "Upgrade to:" Cavalry

= But when I upgrade a Knight to be a Cavalry Unit, this newly upgraded Cavalry Unit wouldn't have had incurred the same citizen loss a normal built Cavalry Unit?

Affirmative.

If you feel like it, suggest ideas here for Jimmyh's project.

Top Bottom