1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Jennar, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Netheriel

Netheriel Chieftain

Awesome! Thank you so much :)

2. S3rgeus

S3rgeus Emperor

My saga of troubles with this zombie unit continues! I've applied the zombie br2 that wolfdog posted to the berserker template, and it's so close to working!

Spoiler :

To me, that looks like a vertex (or vertices) being anchored to the origin when they should be moving with the units. Will tinker further and see where I get!

Attached Files:

3. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

I think I have come across this before. From memory it was a single un assigned vertex. As soon as I found and assigned the un assigned vertex/s it no longer had tearing.

4. S3rgeus

S3rgeus Emperor

I was thinking the same thing and I've been through and re-exported the model several times now with the vertices tweaked. Selecting all of the vertex groups definitely selects all of the vertices in the mesh and the nature of the tearing doesn't seem to have changed. I've shuffled around which vertices are in which groups a few times now, but with no success.

5. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

I quickly appended it to a swordsman template (have not made a berserker one yet) and it looks good in nexus viewer. I have not tried in game as generally if it works in nexus viewer it will work in game. There may be issues with the berserker template that we don't know of yet.

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

6. Mascot

Mascot Chieftain

Wanted to know if smeone can have a go at 2 naval units - Brig and a Man o war. Although I am ready to create the 2d icons art and such I was hoping if anyone interested in getting the 3d models in.
    Reason I thought of Brig was because the privateer model in civ5 is essentially frigate with a black flag,..Man-o-war is just to add some imp/colonization flavour..:king:

7. S3rgeus

S3rgeus Emperor

The Berserker one looks fine in Granny Viewer, it's just in-game that the tearing shows up. I'll try a different base template when I can and see if that fixes it! :)

8. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

Anyone want to take a shot at a Mûmakil unit?

I basically need a great big elephant with a spiky cockpit (or whatever it is you call the part the humans ride in) and tiny people (so tiny they could just be part of the cockpit texture). I guess they are also stretched out a little with proportionately smaller head and ears and longer (spiked) tusks. Seems like the existing War Elephant or African Forest Elephant would be a good starting point.

9. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

As long as people are converting units from civ4, would anyone be willing to convert this musketman and/or this maceman?

Also does anyone know of any good graphics for a bohemian war wagon?

10. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Other than any fantasy units, I currently need a pre-gunpowder explorer, like the Civ4 version.

Edit:
    @AgressiveWimp: I don't really know what a bohemian war wagon is, this is the only wagon-like Civ5 unit I know.

11. codefreak5

codefreak5 Procrastinator

I'm still looking for someone to convert a Civ 4 pegasus knight, this one in particular, to use as a placeholder before making the more advanced actual model. S3rgeus told me he would do it a month ago, but I haven't heard any updates from him, and meanwhile he's been working on other models and coding Lua. In this case, I've decided to return to this thread to ask for help once more.

12. S3rgeus

S3rgeus Emperor

Yes, NaNoWriMo wiped my whole modding November, but I'm slowly getting back into place now. Leaving the zombie for a bit (I grew weary of that unassigned vertex that I cannot find), I tried the pegasus knight a while back. Unfortunately that one hasn't been going as well (not even as well as the zombie).

The pegasus is obviously a more complex unit than the zombie. I created a unit template from the base game horseman unit to use for the pegasus. I've attached basically everything I've done thus far, in case anyone more knowledgeable has time to piece together where I went wrong. The unit doesn't show up in the game at all (it's just empty space with an icon hanging over it) as it stands now, and I've run out of ideas for what that might be. I believe I remember reading about issues with the horseman model a while back, so it may be that I've run into those and my issue isn't actually solveable with this template.

I may have time to work on more unit stuff soon, but most likely that will be working with nifskope to fix up models first (so I've got a wider range of pre-CiV units to pull from) before importing many more units. That and actually getting some coding done, which I haven't done for my mods in way too long.

Attached Files:

13. codefreak5

codefreak5 Procrastinator

That's alright, your stuff comes first, and I understand that. I appreciate your willingness to help me in the first place.

That being said, anyone who can help fix the errors and make the unit show up in-game would be a great help.

14. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

S3rgeus, I've been secretly waiting for your Zombie unit (I planned to re-color his bluejeans for a more medieval look, but otherwise he's perfect). I hope you are not giving up on this.

Of course with the zombies we need some skeletons and other undead.

15. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

I can't wait for zombies so I can make an Apocalyptic Zombie scenario!

16. S3rgeus

S3rgeus Emperor

Looks like the zombies are popular! I'll try to give them another shot later today/tomorrow. It may be faster for me to start from scratch and see if I catch the missing vertex on a second run through.

Speaking of skeletons and such, most of them suffer from being 'un-importable' into Blender, as I was discussing with Ekmek here (post #19 onwards).

17. Aidence

Aidence The Archduke

I need the missionary to have attack graphics. Or a whole new unit graphic, but that's not necessary.

18. temprus

temprus Chieftain

I am thinking of trying your zombies as barbarian replacements.

19. JurGor

JurGor Chieftain

At least one CIV V mod has prompted multiple websites to post about it. A CIV V mod in the spotlight, yes indeed!

It was ... a fantasy CIV V mod.

What these mods still need more than anything, are units. FFH CIV IV to CIV V unit conversions or any other new CIV V fantasy units.

Thanks for all your efforts so far! :)

20. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

Could someone upload the Units

- minutemen
    - carolean
    - musketman
    - napoleon artillery

for me as blend-files?

This would be very nice!!!