1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Jennar, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Nomad or What

Nomad or What Wayfarer Supporter

Continuing discussion from Civitar's Wolf thread, I can create a similar unit for this using Hittite Heavy Chariot animations. I was also able to find a decent Husky skin:

pineappledan likes this.
  2. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

Sounds excellent.
    We can use the spear projectile from the impi in that case. Reskin the 2 "charioteers" with Civitar's Unaak skin, and then it's a matter of scaling.

The huskies will animate a bit weird if it's using a horse's animation's but that's a small price to pay. Due to the difference in leg proportions between a dog and a horse, is it possible to shorten the limbs animation, or would you need to have the animation extend below the ground?

Thanks so much for taking this on. I'm sure @mikeburnfire, the originator of the 4UC project for vanilla, and @trystero49, the coder for the original Inuit civ, will appreciate be interested in this as well.

3. Nomad or What

Nomad or What Wayfarer Supporter

Using another animation projectile might be feasible but it will be the last item of the experiment. Directly copying the .ftsxml and art defines for the Impi projectile would likely create a timing issue since the two projectiles are very probably on different timing sequences. I can experiment with it by modifying only the art defines but worst case is that it uses the projectile from the Hittite chariot unit, which won't be very noticeable.

Regarding the driver/spearman combo of the Hittite unit, I can remove the driver altogether by simply not assigning any mesh to those bones, rendering it effectively invisible in game. That would actually make the unit more realistic since there can only be two dogs pulling the sled using the existing horse animation bones. I'll put the "spearman" at the back of the sled on the rails as both driver and spearman. It should look fine that way. I will throw some gear on the sled for an added touch of realism.

I can't really tweak individual bones if they are part of an armature. I can scale an entirely independent armature of an animation, but tweaking bones that are parented to other bones will result in undesired deformation of the animation. I might be able to tweak the neck a bit, but I will do that last in the event that it looks awful. That way, I can reset it back to its original location if necessary.

pineappledan likes this.
  4. Martinov

Martinov Chieftain

An M113 APC unit would be great ... wikipedia says it was named the most significant military vehicle in history by military channel, whatever that is!

5. Martinov

Martinov Chieftain

A "fixed" SAM missile launcher position would be helpful. Something like a SA-3, Nike or even Patriot.

6. Amir Ikone

Amir Ikone Chieftain

Hye guys/girls im just wondering if anyone have been thinking about making a unit for The Ottoman, they have unique ability regarding naval but no unique naval unit at all. I just saw this at wikipedia The Ottoman have the biggest ship of the line. Im grateful if anyone can make this unit came true.. Huhu seriously im not good with modding i even failed to install modbuddy and dont know why. The best i can do right now is edit people mod spanish galleon to make as The Ottoman unit but the ship 3d model not big as english ship of the line. the the picture of the ship

Attached Files:

7. King Morius

King Morius Chieftain

Is there some unit model of Conquistadores mounted and on foot mixed up? If there is not, can someone make one for me?

8. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Someone could convert these guys I made for Civ 4 a long time ago!

pineappledan likes this.
  9. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

They did, and it was you! They were one of the first units converted to Civ5.

Download Here

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  10. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Yeah, I do remember that! But that was just the Musketman not the Cavalry and Swordsman and "old general" texture variants.