1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Jennar, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Mosile

Mosile Overruler Of the Movian Empire

2. Vanadius

Vanadius Chieftain

Hey, I'm making a Dutch East India Company mod and I'm looking for a Model for my UU the Dutch East Indiaman. There is already a model but the mod it was created for has been removed and the creator is inactive.

Attached Files:

3. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Chieftain

Do you remember the name of the unit creator Vanadius ?

4. Vanadius

Vanadius Chieftain

5. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

I found the mod that originally had that model on my old computer. It uses the pre-G+K method of adding unit art, so it would need an update to actually work, but in \Art\Units\ you'll find the frigate reskin you're looking for.

Attached Files:

6. chickenx4

chickenx4 Chieftain

Hello I want a T1 Cunningham

7. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

Hello my sirs; is there any sort of generic horse archer without a head covering, similar to this guy? (To be the graphics of my Magyars' Cuman UU)

Also, how about a generic trireme graphic that I can use for the Minoans' Pentekonter? I know of a civ4 trireme pack that's been brought up several times on this thread, and those would work, but I've tried converting 3D graphics from civ4 before, and, um... well, anyway, the Pentekonter is currently just using the Quinquereme graphics, and I tried changing the symbol on the sail to an octopus, but heheehehhhhehehhhe;h;HAoH;heNO

8. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

If there's nothing else you could probably use this.

9. Protagonist

Protagonist Chieftain

Can anyone make a pistol-using unit graphic?

10. Elder Days

Elder Days Chieftain

I'm tinkering around with a mod/scenario that focuses on the Ancient Greek world. As I would like to expand the number and types of units available in the ancient era I find myself in need of some more unit models. Luckily I've found some stuff from Civ that would be smashing. The trouble is I have no experience in converting such things. If anyone would be willing to convert some or all of these units I would be deeply obliged.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/greek-ancient-age-unit-pack.12698/

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  11. DankCheeseMemes

DankCheeseMemes Chieftain

12. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

As far as the 3D art, danrell converted a KV-2 and an SU-100 already with his WWII USSR unit pack. (See pic).

As far as the code for the mod, you wouldn't really convert from Civ4, but it's pretty easy to do. Would these represent new classes for everybody (e.g., heavy tank and tank destroyer) or just for Russia? Either way, check out Gedemon's "new unit" tutorial thread linked in danrell's post.

13. DankCheeseMemes

DankCheeseMemes Chieftain

Thanks, though my idea is to have those units as different mods vs in packs so that it is usable/spawnable with IGE and hopefully the military city-states can do the "They know the secrets of (just an example) KV-2, if you have researched X and are their ally they will gift you this unit." That way the file size is small and say you don't like one tank, you can just use the other because they are totally separate. Also don't mean to sound pushy, SU-100 is not the same as SU-100Y. One letter difference :p

If not converting then would I follow Gedemon's tutorial and that's it? Though it says "It assumes that you know how to create a basic mod, and understand the meaning of "OnModActivated"" which I don't know how to do either of those this is a totally new thing for me so I'm going to need a lot of handholding. But hopefully in the future this means I can make more units beyond these. I'm thinking of making the units available to all just to be fair and make it easier and I don't really play Russia much.

14. pintocat

pintocat Chieftain

Are Beyond Earth aliens able to be ported to Civ V?

15. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Apparently...

16. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

Hi there.

I'm trying to make a new unique unit for the Shoshone for a 4 unique components mod specially balanced for the Community Patch. The CBP gives pathfinders to every civ, so they need a new unique unit to replace it. I need to make a unit based on the Yellow Brow (Ohamupe) military society

Description of the yellow brow society from "Kiowa, Apache, and Comanche military societies: enduring veterans, 1800 to the present, 1st ed." by William C. Meadows (1999). Pertinent physical descriptions of their appearance are bolded:

My plan is to modify the Pathfinder warrior unit by swapping their heads with Iroquois Mohawk warriors' heads, but painting their heads yellow. I'd probably keep the weapons the same, except for a single unit in the back row, which would have to be swapped with the scout's staff.

For animations I would use the mohawk warrior's animations for most of the units, but swap out one of the units in the back with the scout's animations, reskinned as a modified mohawk warrior except for the staff.

I have no idea how to do any of this, however.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  17. McQwen

McQwen Chieftain

Please make Jong Ship Civ 6 in civ 5

18. Tekamthi

Tekamthi Chieftain

seems there's a lot of requests for ships in particular in this thread... in addition to echoing some of the previous, here's another, just in case anyone has free time for this kind of stuff...

a venetian great galleass with no oars? and maybe a different sail, although really that would be a bonus...

19. Thoedosius

Thoedosius Chieftain

Any chance of getting some Late Roman/Byzantine units? Civ4 had a set of them but i dont think they ever got ported.

20. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

I'm considering doing a 3/4UC mod addition for CL's Inuit civilization, but I hadn't realized no one has ever made a dog sled team.

@Barathor has already made an excellent unit icon, but there's no unit graphics. to accompany it. a wolf has already been created, so adding a sled seems like the easy part
    upload_2018-3-28_13-40-57.png