Unit Request Thread

This is definitely not the right place for this. If you want to make unit requests, there's a Unit Request thread over in the Unit Models subforum. I'll flag this post, and hopefully a moderator can merge it into that thread.

Moderator Action: Threads merged.
And again thanks for the help :).

Also, don't hold your breath, there are some significant problems with adding new models right now.

:yup:
AFAIK the part of the SDK, which allows to change 3D models, is still broken, so it's not possible atm to create new units :(.

I think we need a real modern infantry,armed with assault rifles or battle rifles,maybe both,and a marine with new graphics,but most importantly we need air network,like in Civ IV,for transporting units between citys,and airport building of course.Increasing paradrop tiles limit of paratroopers would be fine too.

Agreed. The lack of a standard modern infantry unit graphic is a significant problem. The paratrooper graphic is excellent, but is not appropriate to use for the standard infantry (awhile back I suggested that the Mechanized Infantry unit should display both soldiers and vehicles).

It would not be very difficult to change the Mechanized Infantry graphic to include soldiers (and thus make the unit look more infantry like) if there were a modern infantry graphic (which could use the paratrooper animations). The hardest part is making the modern infantry graphic.

A new marine graphic for Civilization 5 would be cool too.

Can anyone make a reskin of the Galley so it looks less pirate-like, to be used by non-barbarian civs? (If such thing was already made, please let me know.)

Can anyone make a reskin of the Galley so it looks less pirate-like, to be used by non-barbarian civs? (If such thing was already made, please let me know.)

Seconded. It would make a splendid Middle Eastern/Ottoman galley in medieval times.

I have searched and not yet found it, but could someone make an AH-64 Apache to either replace the Mi-24 HIND (Gunship), or make it as a standalone unit with a slightly higher damage?

Thanks

I was wondering If anyone could Make a Nimitz Class Carrier. Does Not matter what type, Because I served On The 68 (Nimitz) And thought that it would be really neat if someone did that for this game. Thank You

If anyone is still taking requests, I would love an A-10 Thunderbolt II or some other modern ground-attack aircraft :D

EDIT: Also, a modern-looking infantry unit would awesome (i.e. assault rifle, "digital" camo, etc.). Really, any modern or near-future models for just about any type of unit would be great. :)

Hi everyone,

Previously I have just soaked up everyones creativity and enjoyed the results. However, there are two units that have driven me to join this forum and post a request. The reason being, both units will require unique art and animations and 3D modeling just isn't my thing...yet. Please direct me to them if they exist because I haven't been able to find them, but the two new units I'd like to suggest are:

1. The Siege Tower

I cannot believe there is nothing like this built in. Siege towers were remarkable prevalent in ancient warfare and they came in many shapes and sizes. Their main purpose is two-fold, to protect friendly troops and provide a way to circumvent city defenses. Siege towers were built near the city being attacked, covered with non-flammable material such as iron, and then moved up against city walls (think orcs in the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King) where, once in place, friendly troops would climb up and be level with the wall. Hopefully, being protected from defensive fire and rendering the wall useless. The problem with them was that they were incredibly fragile from the time construction was started until the moment they were flush against the wall.

After this description this is what I suggest:

Type- Melee
Technology- Construction
Cost- 100
Moves- 2
Strength- 12
Ranged Strength- None
Range- None
Resource- Iron
Notes- Must be set up before attacking, negates city defensive buildings, provides a defensive bonus to adjacent units, combat penalty against units.

2. Marine Scout Sniper

I am honestly just as surprised that snipers of some sort aren't standard as I am that siege towers aren't standard. These units hold incredible strategic value, plus I've been incredibly frustrated with the lack of any post Medieval Era (Crossbowman/Cho-Ku-No) ranged units.

Anyways, this is my proposal:

Type- Ranged
Technology- Replaceable Parts
Cost- 320
Moves- 2
Strength- 15
Ranged Strength- 36
Range- 2
Resource- None
Notes- Invisible when fortified (covered, camouflaged...etc), +1 sight, movement bonus in forest and jungle, can detect other snipers within sight range, no defensive bonuses, combat penalty on defense, combat penalty against cities.

So those are my thoughts. Let me know what you think and please, if possible, someone make these a reality. At least, the graphics and animations. Thanks so much!

So those are my thoughts. Let me know what you think and please, if possible, someone make these a reality. At least, the graphics and animations. Thanks so much!

As for graphics for the sniper, a quick reskin of danrell's generic paratrooper with the ghillie helmet and sniper rifle here would work pretty well, I think.

Have you seen the Balanced Sniper Mod?

"As for graphics for the sniper, a quick reskin of danrell's generic paratrooper with the ghillie helmet and sniper rifle here would work pretty well, I think.

Have you seen the Balanced Sniper Mod?"

Those are great. Thanks Nutty I can absolutely use those.

I saw the Balanced Sniper Mod and I loved the promotions aspect but I just thought there could be more done with them. Snipers are awesome and be powerful weapons.

Can someone help to make the following Russian units:

T-54 tank
Mig-21 fighter
Gepard destroyer
T-90 tank
BM-21 rocket artillery
Su-22 bomber
Su-30 fighter
S-300 anti-air
S-75 Dvina
Bastion-P
Tu-160 bomber
Su-47 Berkut

Thanks a lot.

My units request (I'm surprised I never put this in! I posted something in September for a separate mod of mine XD)

- Ancient Middle Eastern Spearmen (various)
- Ancient Heavy Cavalry (various)
- Sumerian Vulture
- Axeman
- Peltast
- Helepolis
- Onager
- Heavy Spearman (basically like a greek or roman spearman)
- Quadquereme
- Quinquereme

@Nelfiqus: Is it a complete Civ5 unit? :eek: If so, better create a new thread for it and add it to the download database...

@Nelfiqus: Is it a complete Civ5 unit? :eek: If so, better create a new thread for it and add it to the download database...

No, those are Civ IV files...

Top Bottom