Unit Thread v.2

I still have some questions and suggetions regarding unit tree.

First of all, some general suggetions (I'll take SM as example, but this applies to all civs). I noticed that some unit avaliable in same era and requiring teches that stand close to each other in tech tree (like Biker and Rhino with Mobility and Mobile infantry). So what the reason to build Biker when you can build Rhino that is better in many ways? So I suggest increase movement of all Mobility units by 1 point. This will somewhat useful even in later eras.

Next, Support tech units. There are many attack units in the first two eras: Tactical Squads, Bikers, Rhinos, Assault Marines etc. Again, why to build Tactical Squad when you can build more powerful Missile Devastator? Withal artillery avaliable only in the third era. So I suggest turn most of support units in early artillery.

And Champion category. I suggest make them upgrade from Military Leaders like in EFZI. All Hero units probably can have Charm ability since most of them are psykers.

Another thing that bothers me is air transport units. Imperial civs has some means of aircraft transportation: Valkyries, Drop Pods, Thunderhawks. But over factions do not. So why not to add some? Chaos can have Dreadclaws and Warp Rifts, Orks use Roks, Tau may use Orca and Eldar/DE can use Webway Gates. One of Necron fliers (Doom Scythe or Night Scythe), I think, has transportation capabilities too.

Also, what about armies? Shall we have them? If yes, than I suggest using AoI type of army (one unit with hp/movement boost). For armies themseves we can use support units like Apothecaries, Icon Bearers, Mad Docs, etc.

Now, about spcific civs:

Ultramarines. What unique units will they have?
Space Wolves. They have Venerable Dreadnought as Dreadnought upgrade, but aren't VDs too rare to be simply buildable?
BT. I already told what I think about Close-Combat Initiate, but Sword Brethren would be cool too.

Witch Hunters. Arco Flagellant is set as Siege artillery, but how actually will it work? In WH mod for DoW there is Incarcerator with imprisoned demon is used as artillery. Just saying:)

Grey Knights. In previous thread you stated that Death Cult Assasing is replaced with Purgation squad but you leaved it as is. And Purgatator is now heavy support. Ok, but to me it seems a little wierd since all HS units for other nations are vehicles (I know it is possible, but still...). I have a suggetion: Purgatator moved to Assault Infantry, Dreadknight - HS, Field Artillery - Hellfire Dreadnought (IIRC, GK have a unique Hellfire Dreadnought type). Another thing - GK Rhino. I have Inquisitorial Rhino, I have GK Razorback, but no GK Rhino. And why can't we simply use SM Rhino graphics? I know that GK Dreads are special but never knew about Rhinos. And I think we really should go for Paladin or Brother-Captain for Hero section. Isn't Demon Hunter simply Ordo Malleus inquisitor? And since we have Inquisitor as Champion... I'd even go for Inquisitor as hero and Paladin/BC as Champion.

On chaos: I think, I found "Flight" unit for Chaos:

Again, all Chaos factions have unique Lesser and Greater Demon. But only Khorne and
Tzeentch have unique fast attack demons. What about adding Fiend of Slaanesh and Plague Drone too?

LatD: Mutant use graphics of Gun Zombie but Fallout Mod has two cool mutants with machine gun and missile launcher. Could they be used as Tactics and Support? Big Mutant sound strange to me too. What about placing Ogryn Berserker or Plagueogryn (Monster zombie looks quite like the latter, btw).

Eldar. As most faction has some kind of flamer weapons, I think, that Fire Dragon could be moved in this slot for Eldar instead of UU (at least they use some fiery weapons). Tau, I belive, also use flamers. So only DE and Necrons left, but that's not much.

DE. I find strange that their basic infantry are Warpbeasts. Could they be replaced by Trueborn Warriros, or they are too cool to be basic infantry? Also they miss walker slot. Could be WB moved there. Or Grotesques and WB to Special Weapons? Or Talos closer too walkers and something like Rampage to Super-Heavy? And DE lack Field Artillery. I have Reaper model, but do not know if it loads properly.

Necrons. What's the difference between Canoptek Spyder and Tomb Spyder? I always thought they are the same thing. And I stared at Doom Scythe and Night Scythe for a long time but still cannot find a difference. Can they share one model?

Tyranids. Yes, I talking about them again. Yet, I agree, they are should be barbarians in the base version. But I still hope we do an expansion where they replace Necron. I know they have no dimplomacy but this can be indulged. It is CivIII after all. In WH 2.5 Empire and Chaos could unite against Elf and Dark Elf union. And unque tach tree and economic model for Nids are hard but doable. Units can be converted. You can leave all this part to me. Nothing to loose but something to gain, right?

And finally, decide what to do with Titans. Don't tell me you do not want this guy in the mod:

Waiting for your opinion.

And finally, decide what to do with Titans. Don't tell me you do not want this guy in the mod:

Apologies for intruding into the conversation (shoulda said that earlier). These units (like many of your others) are useful for some other scenarios than just Warhammer. The chaos flier is perfect for a Victoriental or Barsoomian civ. That Titan definitely looks like a steampunk flavored mecha. Sometimes coming across a unit that can be adapted to other settings is the difference between getting a scenario presentable vs. abandoning it. ;)

Firstly, I'll state that these unit lines are largely the same as what Goldflash (the original champion of the 40K mod) originally envisaged. And I'm pretty sure that the unit lines were a base rather than set in stone. So changes can, of course, be made. I'll address your comments in bold below.

I still have some questions and suggetions regarding unit tree.

First of all, some general suggetions (I'll take SM as example, but this applies to all civs). I noticed that some unit avaliable in same era and requiring teches that stand close to each other in tech tree (like Biker and Rhino with Mobility and Mobile infantry). So what the reason to build Biker when you can build Rhino that is better in many ways? So I suggest increase movement of all Mobility units by 1 point. This will somewhat useful even in later eras.

It is probable that most Mobile Infantry units will require additional resources and will cost more than Mobility units. Allowing Mobility units freer movement may be a possibility as well

Next, Support tech units. There are many attack units in the first two eras: Tactical Squads, Bikers, Rhinos, Assault Marines etc. Again, why to build Tactical Squad when you can build more powerful Missile Devastator? Withal artillery avaliable only in the third era. So I suggest turn most of support units in early artillery.

Support units, as I understand, were intended to be defensive units a la pikemen equivalents from WH. Again, additional resources may be needed to build these.

And Champion category. I suggest make them upgrade from Military Leaders like in EFZI. All Hero units probably can have Charm ability since most of them are psykers.

Thats not a bad suggestion. Would Heroes still be spawned?

Another thing that bothers me is air transport units. Imperial civs has some means of aircraft transportation: Valkyries, Drop Pods, Thunderhawks. But over factions do not. So why not to add some? Chaos can have Dreadclaws and Warp Rifts, Orks use Roks, Tau may use Orca and Eldar/DE can use Webway Gates. One of Necron fliers (Doom Scythe or Night Scythe), I think, has transportation capabilities too.

I posted some ideas for expanding the air lines a few pages ago, mainly concerning planes rather than transports. Speaking of which, while Roks would be cool, Orks only use those when making landfall on a planet. something like a Warkopta would fill that role tho.

Also, what about armies? Shall we have them? If yes, than I suggest using AoI type of army (one unit with hp/movement boost). For armies themseves we can use support units like Apothecaries, Icon Bearers, Mad Docs, etc.

I havent tried to have multiple army graphics before without having them spawned. But that'd be good.

Now, about spcific civs:

Ultramarines. What unique units will they have?

Ultramarines are the "vanilla" SMs, so they don't miss out on any units like other SM chapters. They will need a UU tho for

Space Wolves. They have Venerable Dreadnought as Dreadnought upgrade, but aren't VDs too rare to be simply buildable?

Dunno much about them, that was already in the unit line when I inherited it

BT. I already told what I think about Close-Combat Initiate, but Sword Brethren would be cool too.

yep

Witch Hunters. Arco Flagellant is set as Siege artillery, but how actually will it work? In WH mod for DoW there is Incarcerator with imprisoned demon is used as artillery. Just saying:)

I think it was stuck in there cos there wasnt really anywhere else for it, rather than for a specific siege role. I havent heard of the Incarerator before, but that'd be really good, fills the hole properly :)

Grey Knights. In previous thread you stated that Death Cult Assasing is replaced with Purgation squad but you leaved it as is. And Purgatator is now heavy support. Ok, but to me it seems a little wierd since all HS units for other nations are vehicles (I know it is possible, but still...). I have a suggetion: Purgatator moved to Assault Infantry, Dreadknight - HS, Field Artillery - Hellfire Dreadnought (IIRC, GK have a unique Hellfire Dreadnought type). Another thing - GK Rhino. I have Inquisitorial Rhino, I have GK Razorback, but no GK Rhino. And why can't we simply use SM Rhino graphics? I know that GK Dreads are special but never knew about Rhinos. And I think we really should go for Paladin or Brother-Captain for Hero section. Isn't Demon Hunter simply Ordo Malleus inquisitor? And since we have Inquisitor as Champion... I'd even go for Inquisitor as hero and Paladin/BC as Champion.

From what I can see, Hellfire Dreads are common to all SM chapters, but the Aegis Hellfire Dread is GK only. So yes, that is a possibility. I was thinking of changing Death Cult Assassin to Purifiers. I think i mentioned changing the daemonhunter to paladin on the first page, so yes, thats good. The GK Rhino is another thing that was inherited. I'm fine with changing that

Yeeees, thats great mate :thumbsup:

Again, all Chaos factions have unique Lesser and Greater Demon. But only Khorne and
Tzeentch have unique fast attack demons. What about adding Fiend of Slaanesh and Plague Drone too?

I've been planning a Plague Drone for a while, I havent got a Fiend model, dont suppose there is one in DoW?

LatD: Mutant use graphics of Gun Zombie but Fallout Mod has two cool mutants with machine gun and missile launcher. Could they be used as Tactics and Support? Big Mutant sound strange to me too. What about placing Ogryn Berserker or Plagueogryn (Monster zombie looks quite like the latter, btw).

Big Mutants are in the Lost & The Damned codex from the GW Black Crusade campaign back in the day, so they do sound a little weird but they are legitimate units so i think they should stay. As for the fallout mutants, I would love them, but aaglo made them specifically for the mod and as far as I can tell, he never released them. Im sure he wouldnt mind us using them, but unless one of the fallout guys shares them, unfortunately I dont know where we can get them from.

Eldar. As most faction has some kind of flamer weapons, I think, that Fire Dragon could be moved in this slot for Eldar instead of UU (at least they use some fiery weapons). Tau, I belive, also use flamers. So only DE and Necrons left, but that's not much.

I wouldnt be against the fire dragons being flamers, but i dont think there are any units apart from crisis suits that can have flamers for the tau. none that spring to mind anyway

DE. I find strange that their basic infantry are Warpbeasts. Could they be replaced by Trueborn Warriros, or they are too cool to be basic infantry? Also they miss walker slot. Could be WB moved there. Or Grotesques and WB to Special Weapons? Or Talos closer too walkers and something like Rampage to Super-Heavy? And DE lack Field Artillery. I have Reaper model, but do not know if it loads properly.

I didnt release that I hadnt changed that yet. I'd moved Wyches from assault infantry to basic, since they became troops in the last codex, and added wracks in at eite infantry. I'll look into the Deldar, see what else there is out there

Necrons. What's the difference between Canoptek Spyder and Tomb Spyder? I always thought they are the same thing. And I stared at Doom Scythe and Night Scythe for a long time but still cannot find a difference. Can they share one model?

None that I know of. Now that the Necrons have a lot more units, I reckon the Spyder can be left as a settler and something else can be entered at SW. Wouldnt be surprised if the doom/night scythe are pretty much the same model. I'm assuming the fighter has more guns than bombs and vice versa. You could add little things like civ-colour in different places to differentiate.

Tyranids. Yes, I talking about them again. Yet, I agree, they are should be barbarians in the base version. But I still hope we do an expansion where they replace Necron. I know they have no dimplomacy but this can be indulged. It is CivIII after all. In WH 2.5 Empire and Chaos could unite against Elf and Dark Elf union. And unque tach tree and economic model for Nids are hard but doable. Units can be converted. You can leave all this part to me. Nothing to loose but something to gain, right?

The problem I see is that - although unlikely - the Empire and Chaos could talk together and decide that the Elves are a more dangerous threat than each other. Tyranids eat everything. They cannot communicate with anyone. In fact, the Tyranids are a great example of how the Empire and Chaos could get together to fight a common foe. By all means, go for it, but it will take a lot to convince me to include them as more than barbs.

As for getting rid of the necrons, we should have enough slots for both necrons and tyranids

I think adding a Titans tech at the very end of the tech tree in era 4 would be best. I'm going to review the tech tree taking into account what you were saying above about similar units being too close together.

Waiting for your opinion.

Done ;)

Here's the aircraft list

Imperium

Air Superiority... Lightning/Nephilim Jetfighter (Dark Angels)
Bomber............ Marauder
Multi-Role......... Thunderbolt
Ground Attack... Avenger/Dark Talon (Dark Angels)
Heavy Flyer...... Thunderhawk Gunship (Space Marines only)
Air Transport..... Valkyrie/

Chaos

Air Superiority... Swiftdeath
Bomber............ Doomfire
Multi-Role......... Hell Talon
Ground Attack... Hell Blade
Heavy Flyer...... Harbinger
Air Transport.....

Orks

Air Superiority... Fighta
Bomber............ Blitz-Bomma
Multi-Role......... Fighta-Bomma
Ground Attack... Dakkajet
Heavy Flyer...... 'Eavy Bomma
Air Transport..... Warkopta

Eldar/Dark Eldar

Air Superiority... Nightwing/Razorwing
Bomber............ Phoenix/?
Multi-Role......... Nightshade/Raven
Ground Attack... Void Dragon Phoenix (Void Dragons are an Aspect that aids both Eldar and Dark Eldar)
Heavy Flyer...... Vampire/Voidraven Bomber
Air Transport.....

Iyanden have a wraithplane that that they would get in the appropriate spot

Tau

Air Superiority... Razorshark
Bomber............ Sun Shark
Multi-Role......... Tiger Shark
Ground Attack... Barracuda
Heavy Flyer...... Manta
Air Transport..... Orca

Necron

Air Superiority... Doom Scythe
Bomber............ ?
Multi-Role......... ?
Ground Attack... Night Scythe
Heavy Flyer...... Night Shroud
Air Transport..... ?

Support units, as I understand, were intended to be defensive units a la pikemen equivalents from WH. Again, additional resources may be needed to build these.

It's seems that this is true for Tactics unit (check HB Devastator and HB Squad). Support units has higher attack value. For Tau and Eldar it vise-versa however. But I think that more units role=more fun and I'd like to see Tactical Marine still useful even with Missile Devastatore and Assault Marine avaliable.

Thats not a bad suggestion. Would Heroes still be spawned?

I also thought about setting some generic unit for "Build-Army Unit". Leader, produced in battle, would be upgradeable to Champion. But player can decide to turn it in "Build-Army Unit" with "Build Army" action. "Build-Army Unit" would be upgradable to Hero-type units. I don't know if it works (and how AI shall use it) but I'll test it. I think, some civs should still have auto-produced Champions/Heroes in addition (like Comissars, Psykers, Rogue Psykers etc. could be obtained both ways, but Chaos Lord will appear only in battle).

I posted some ideas for expanding the air lines a few pages ago, mainly concerning planes rather than transports. Speaking of which, while Roks would be cool, Orks only use those when making landfall on a planet. something like a Warkopta would fill that role tho.

The problem is that I have no Warkopta. But if someone makes it I totally agree. I meant Rok and Dreadclaw to be an anology too SM Drop Pods. They are used for planetfall too and they are in game. This could be explained like "SM/CSM/Ork returns too orbital fleet and another SM/CSM/Ork dropped from orbit in his place". Chaos could use some type of Warp Rift as well, I think. Traitors could too. I can give a try for Webway Gate unit that appears in selected tile as drop animation. In DoW (haven't found anything in other 40k souces) Webway Gates and other buildings can teleport with Relocation Matrix ability.

I havent tried to have multiple army graphics before without having them spawned. But that'd be good.

If Champions would be spawned from battle than autoproduction is only possibility for Army-type units. But I see nothing wrong with it. :) WH 2.5 uses multiple armies, I think.

Ultramarines are the "vanilla" SMs, so they don't miss out on any units like other SM chapters. They will need a UU tho for

Tyrannic War veteran and Land Raider Terminus are the only things I found.

Dunno much about them, that was already in the unit line when I inherited it

As they are most ancient dreadnoguhts, kind of "Veteran among Dreadnoughts", I think, they should be autoproduced or, at least, option.

I think it was stuck in there cos there wasnt really anywhere else for it, rather than for a specific siege role. I havent heard of the Incarerator before, but that'd be really good, fills the hole properly

The model works fine, I'll post pic later. Arcos could be used as special weapon insted of Drop Pod. Their stats should be something like Goblin Fanatics from WH 2.5, I guess.

I've been planning a Plague Drone for a while, I havent got a Fiend model, dont suppose there is one in DoW?

Got both of them ;)

From what I can see, Hellfire Dreads are common to all SM chapters, but the Aegis Hellfire Dread is GK only. So yes, that is a possibility. I was thinking of changing Death Cult Assassin to Purifiers. I think i mentioned changing the daemonhunter to paladin on the first page, so yes, thats good. The GK Rhino is another thing that was inherited. I'm fine with changing that

Must check Dread and GK Razorback then.

Big Mutants are in the Lost & The Damned codex from the GW Black Crusade campaign back in the day, so they do sound a little weird but they are legitimate units so i think they should stay. As for the fallout mutants, I would love them, but aaglo made them specifically for the mod and as far as I can tell, he never released them. Im sure he wouldnt mind us using them, but unless one of the fallout guys shares them, unfortunately I dont know where we can get them from.

I have them both. So we need only permission, then? Thorgrimm wasn't around for several years, as I can see.

I didnt release that I hadnt changed that yet. I'd moved Wyches from assault infantry to basic, since they became troops in the last codex, and added wracks in at eite infantry. I'll look into the Deldar, see what else there is out there

That's much better. Must check for Wrack. Incubi could be elites too,

None that I know of. Now that the Necrons have a lot more units, I reckon the Spyder can be left as a settler and something else can be entered at SW. Wouldnt be surprised if the doom/night scythe are pretty much the same model. I'm assuming the fighter has more guns than bombs and vice versa. You could add little things like civ-colour in different places to differentiate.

I think so too. I'd like to suggest Pariahs as SW, but I know they were last mentioned in 3rd edition. From the other hand they can still exist in universe. I don't think we should follow codex strictly but universe lore as whole. Another SW suggetion - a C'tan shard as there is no place for it now. Or another type of Canoptek?

The problem I see is that - although unlikely - the Empire and Chaos could talk together and decide that the Elves are a more dangerous threat than each other. Tyranids eat everything. They cannot communicate with anyone. In fact, the Tyranids are a great example of how the Empire and Chaos could get together to fight a common foe. By all means, go for it, but it will take a lot to convince me to include them as more than barbs.

As for getting rid of the necrons, we should have enough slots for both necrons and tyranids

I guess, you've got me wrong. I mean, we'll have two .biq's: one with Necrons and one with Tyranids (more adapted for them). Like WH40k Mod and WH40k Mod: Tyranid invasion. I agree, that Tyranids barbaric in behavior. The only problem I see here is limited representation. We can have only two species of Tyranids and a ship. But barbarians in CivIII were more an annoyance, force that can weaken you and leave exposed to enemy, but not a destroyer of civilization which exactly Nids are. So I want to make a standalone expansion to original mod that will show Nids as they really ment to be. They would be a focus of that expansion, most likely have advantages over other factions. Like zombies in EFZI. And Necrons will not be present there for the reason of limited culture groups. Of course, I'll have to screw this idea if I fail to convert units for them.

And, btw, talking on tyranids. Before main fleet arrival some species appears on the planet, particualry genestealers. So what if we use them as primary barb and the one you made as secondary (hormagaunt, was it?). If barbarian activity is set to max, later in game they will spam secondary one. This can represent first forces of arriving fleet. And what do you think about Giant Squid (forgot, who made it) as barb ship? IIRC, some Hiveships look like Squids.

I think adding a Titans tech at the very end of the tech tree in era 4 would be best. I'm going to review the tech tree taking into account what you were saying above about similar units being too close together.

The bad news are that Chaos and Eldar Titans refuse to load (I have three variants of Chaos Reaver and NONE of them loaded). Still hope I can fix it. Gargants and Tau titan-like battlesuits are OK. Have to check DE and Necrons (they could have some kind of enormous Monoliths instead of Titans). Imperator could be avaliable for all races via Great Wonder with very low production rate (say, a faction found remains of Imperator and brought it back to life). Considering it appearance at game's end there will be probably only one of them. It will hardly influance game's outcome thus not breaking balance but surely be fun to have.

And I forgot something yesterday, namely missiles. I guess, Orbital Bombardment would use missile mechanics. We can use Muffins' Damocles as default for it and combination of some ray-explosion combanation that is already done. What about other factions? I done an Ork Rokket, Nawy Dawg made missile that looks somewhat like Deathstrike. Chaos, Eldar and DE could have spells instead. Tau and Necrons should have something similar too. And.. Cyclonic Torpedo or Virus Bomb for Inquisition?

To tell the truth, I think we must take a little rest from making units (not stop but lower priority) and return to concepting. For last three-four years the to-do list really shortened, but, correct me if I mistake, not much was done on concepting. Tech tree, buildings, governments, units lines and, especially, stats should be rethought. This is just my opinion, though.

Wow, I am really wordy this days :crazyeye:

EDIT: Forgot to mention aircraft. I have Lightning, Nightwing, Barracuda, Tigershark, Raven. Phoenix looks wierd, but works. Its model used as Void Dragon Phoenix in game too. Manta seems doable too. Vampire loads fine, but he seems to have grey textures for most part of body. Night Scythe and Orca still to be checked, but they should be OK. That's all I can provide for now.

EDIT2: That's it! Chaos Titan loaded!

If Champions would be spawned from battle than autoproduction is only possibility for Army-type units. But I see nothing wrong with it. WH 2.5 uses multiple armies, I think.

A city with a wonder which allows the building of army units can also build civ-specific army units. :)

As for Tyrannids - maybe all or most of their units could be hidden nationality?

To tell the truth, I think we must take a little rest from making units (not stop but lower priority) and return to concepting. For last three-four years the to-do list really shortened, but, correct me if I mistake, not much was done on concepting. Tech tree, buildings, governments, units lines and, especially, stats should be rethought. This is just my opinion, though.

Resources especially really need to be done IMO.

A city with a wonder which allows the building of army units can also build civ-specific army units.

Didn't know that. But as I know AI doesn't like armies, so I'd prefered autoproduction.
I tried my ideas. All works expect making Heroes from Champs. "Build Army" command does not appear. I heard that it is bugged. So Heroes would be autoproduced, I guess.

As for Tyrannids - maybe all or most of their units could be hidden nationality?

Sounds good to me. But HN is bugged for Human Players as they are unable attack cities. We should keep it in mind.

I checked most tyranid units, they are fine exept some textures. I'll try to correct this manually. So genestealers doable.

Resources especially really need to be done IMO.

LMR did a list, IIRC. It could be used as a base.

I suggest such "Army-type" units list (do not know how to call this class since "Support" alreday in use):

Imperial Guard/Witch Hunters - Ministorum Priest (+1 HP)
Space Marines/Grey Knights - Apothecary (+1 HP). Blood Angels could have Sanguinary Priest but not necessary.
Chaos - Icon Bearer (Blitz)
Lost and the Damned - Enforcer (Blitz)
Orks - Painboy (+1 HP)
Eldar - Warlock (All terrain as roads, Radar)
DE - ???
Tau - Shield Drone (+1HP)
Necrons - ???

And some previews:

Nightwing. For aircraft I plan to make only default, death (have to make it manually and it will be very simple) and c'n'p attack. There are not very intresting animations for aircraft. Any suggetions for bombs? There are tons of sci-fi aircraft made. I wonder which one I can... err... borrow. :D

Incarcerator. Horror should use some kind of magic spells, right?

SM flier?

Will do for GK too? And talking on GK - giving them SM Dreagnought and Razorback/Rhino instead of unique ones will make release a bit closer... We can make them at least when everything else is finished.

One more thing. LMR, what format does Poser use? I can try to convert some models into it. I found Terminus LR, but it is not animated.

Poser uses object (.obj) mainly, it looks like it can use 3D studio (.3ds) too

Yeah, the horrors use psychic attacks called flames of tzeentch, pretty much multicoloured fire.

For the nightwing, its main role is as an interceptor, and is armed with shruiken cannons, so the gun blasts from my guardians and dire avengers would be fine for it. I can probably render just the gun blasts if that would make it easier for you to c'n'p. It hasnt actually got a bombing capacity, so just the attack is fine.

What is the SM flier? That would be good

Poser uses object (.obj) mainly, it looks like it can use 3D studio (.3ds) too

Fine. 3d max has .obj export function. But since LR could be released with all animations, I'll keep it for now. If you need any models/wargear for WIPs, let me know.

Yeah, the horrors use psychic attacks called flames of tzeentch, pretty much multicoloured fire.

I'll search Tom's spells then.

For the nightwing, its main role is as an interceptor, and is armed with shruiken cannons, so the gun blasts from my guardians and dire avengers would be fine for it. I can probably render just the gun blasts if that would make it easier for you to c'n'p. It hasnt actually got a bombing capacity, so just the attack is fine.

Don't bother to render. That's not really much work to c'n'p it directrly from unit.

What is the SM flier? That would be good

It's Stormraven. I'd prefered Stormtalon but couldn't find one. So this is the best Flight choice I can suggest.

First, this tutorial is what I used to understand how palettes work.

It was a while ago, but I think what I did was:

- export the Terminator flcs to storyboards using Flicster
- opened the storyboard in PSP and went to 'edit palette'.
- changed all the civ-colours to the deathwing colours
- saved the palette as 'deathwing' or something
- opened TilesetPal and combined the deathwing palette with another palette as described in the tutorial and saved it as 'new deathwing'
- in PSP, loaded 'new deathwing' palette

So, for the Deathwing termie, the cyan civ-colour has been replaced by red, the colour of the gun, and the body is now deathwing coloured instead of civ-coloured

Top Bottom