United States Navy TV Ad

wildman16

Chieftain
I was just wondering how many of you all had seen the New Navy ad where it says "in 2004 the tsunami hit south east asia and brought death" and stuff like that and then it said right after "it brought something else." and showed helicopters flying into the mainland with boxes of supplies strapped under them.

What i was wondering was does the navy not realize that more than likely those Helicopters were loaded with Marines?

Just wanted to see.

Okay:
1. Have thought
2. Breathe, relax
3. Think thought through
4. Write thought out coherently
4b. Perhaps give a link
5. Hit Post

Not:
1. Have thought
2. Jab at keys
3. Hit Post

My way of saying I don't know what you're talking about, but I'd love to comment if I did :)

Yeah I saw those commercials.
But even so, what's it matter? =P

U.S. Navy's Helicopter Combat Support Squadrons.

Navy launching platform.

And those choppers were filled with more supplies not people. The pilots were more then likely Navy chopper plots.

I'm sure the Navy knew who the Navy had piloting its Navy helicopter off its Navy launching ship.

K.... I don't get what we're discussing. The cinematography was nice. The armed forces have some nice graphics people on board. I mean, their recent PR has been top notch.

It's a 10 second ad, how in depth are we expecting it to be about all the aspects of disaster relief logistics? Technically, those supplies came from certain subcontracted companies operating across the world, and were probably bought through various governmental agencies. Don't forget the Dept. of Agriculture, too!

Is that what we're discussing? ???

Discussion is 'who' is in the whirlybirds and who should the ad be giving credit to for being in them.

For once, I agree with Skad. Seems pretty open and shut a Navy Affair.

But in regards to the commercial, does anyone else thing US Military commercials have gone way down hill? The Canadian Forces ads are far superior.

Still not as good as the Forces ads.

edit: xpost!

Canada has the best ads on TV!

Seriously the one where the girl in the kitchen spills stuff on her is top notch. That whole safety thing was awesome.

Because it's a commercial for the Navy. The Marines have their own advertising campaign.

Canada has the best ads on TV!

Seriously the one where the girl in the kitchen spills stuff on her is top notch. That whole safety thing was awesome.

Trust me man, watch the forces commercials. Those things are intense.

the navy should just advertise the good times people have on the ships like crossing the equator and getting lectured on all the LBFMs.

why would having marines for disaster releif be so much more important than supplies? I'm sure they have plenty of Navy dudes not doing much to hand it out.

What i was wondering was does the navy not realize that more than likely those Helicopters were loaded with Marines?

Who do you think administers and hands out the supplies? Marines don't just destroy everything, ya know.

I was just wondering how many of you all had seen the New Navy ad where it says "in 2004 the tsunami hit south east asia and brought death" and stuff like that and then it said right after "it brought something else." and showed helicopters flying into the mainland with boxes of supplies strapped under them.

Just wanted to see.

Even if it were, the Marines are a division of the Department of Navy, and hence, still Navy. However, as Skad noted, they could very well have been Navy boys.

Top Bottom