Unmentioned Changes (Australian Summer Patch)

The patch forces me to convert some mines into farms or else I can't even find a decent spot for the neighborhood. In a sense it further reduces production which is already quite low in mid to late game.

I agree that this nerfs production intensive cities by limiting neighbourhoods. This is especially true before discovering Conservation to plant lumbermills.

At least lumbermills on hills along rivers actually yield more production than mines.

In last nights science game I had a city of pure hills fed by 10 trade routes. 15 population and lots of prod. Each trade route was getting +2 food to the city (and mostly +4 prod)

The shocker was the appeal on my factory square -10 disgusting. No wonder America hates me so. With Ruhr it was a great little producer and .... my city had no aqueduct and no neighborhood. I just tend not to bother with them at all now, and often not granaries. It just leads to less happiness for little extra value. Naturally there are always exceptions like I built a granary to boost city growth for the prod city.

I also happily settle those non water squares now, I really do not care because when 5 burst builders are around the city can be managed in size well. and can be pumped for a district with 4 trade routes.

The only moment when I actually care for appeal is when building Resorts and Parks. My citizens can live in a disgusting slum if it means victory in the end.

Yes, I'm the big villain, but that was already clear when I subjugated my entire continent.

The only moment when I actually care for appeal is when building Resorts and Parks. My citizens can live in a disgusting slum if it means victory in the end.

Yes, I'm the big villain, but that was already clear when I subjugated my entire continent.

You need less neighborhoods if their appeal is better though.

Not to mention when you're playing Australia...

(talking 'bout that... I'm going more district heavy now than last game and yeah, I can see that Australia needs nerfs)

Hey, a couple things I've noticed with the new patch :

UI upscaling works at 1440p (though it is a bit high, could use a 125% setting)
Venetian arsenal seems to only work for the city it was built in now

Please do post to add to this list if you encountered anything else.

4. Captured Potala Palace/Big Ben/Alhambra Wonders now award players their respective policy card slots.

6. Warmongering Penalties Halved.

Both these things own hard and were desperately needed.

You need less neighborhoods if their appeal is better though.

Not to mention when you're playing Australia...

(talking 'bout that... I'm going more district heavy now than last game and yeah, I can see that Australia needs nerfs)

In fact, I almost never need Neighborhoods at all. Maybe as Kongo, but even then...

Australia's bonus is a bonus; I'm willing to sacrifice bonus yields for a mega-productive city. Careful planning of districts also helps.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but AI spies don't seem to go after my industrial complexes anymore. Every single spy mission against me has been stealing gold. Less annoyance for sure, but not much variety. For whatever reason they aren't going after my techs.

AI doesn't offer insane gold to recover their captures spies, in fact, AI doesn't offer much gold for luxury trades either.

Still got a message saying I was too close to AI borders despite being in an alliance with said civilization.

AI is either beefing up their culture, or getting cultural victory has been more difficult somehow.

edit: Also ai seems to be sending less missionaries, perhaps it is recognizing that religious victory is turned off (I have it turned off).

AI seems more willing to offer defensive pacts (they never offered before).

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but AI spies don't seem to go after my industrial complexes anymore. Every single spy mission against me has been stealing gold. Less annoyance for sure, but not much variety. For whatever reason they aren't going after my techs.

AI doesn't offer insane gold to recover their captures spies, in fact, AI doesn't offer much gold for luxury trades either.

Still got a message saying I was too close to AI borders despite being in an alliance with said civilization.

AI is either beefing up their culture, or getting cultural victory has been more difficult somehow.

edit: Also ai seems to be sending less missionaries, perhaps it is recognizing that religious victory is turned off (I have it turned off).

AI seems more willing to offer defensive pacts (they never offered before).

Well, they at least still go after techs at lower difficulty levels (King).

When did they modify the amount of gold from goody huts on marathon? I used to get 40g while now im getting 120. Did they mention anywhere scaling ?

Cam confirm to: 2 tech "stolen" from me on deity last night.

Btw am l the only one here amazed by the spies? Those guys can gather intelligence on technologies not even discovered in the whole world lol

Tbh it's a bit silly: You should be able to get boosts for tech already discovered, as a catch up mechanism. If you are spread in tech lead, spies have already many other uses.

AI sabotaged my production in a post-patch game

The AI feels miles stronger. Not clever, but like it's just been given some enormous boosts.

It's teching centuries faster, finishing the culture tree ridiculously early, swarming masses of units, ICSing like a plague etc etc.

Modern techs / projects / units are so expensive now I struggle to get anywhere with science.

Yep, this feels more like Civ.

Has it not already been there? But the IA didn't built a lot of Neighborhood to make the mission available.

It used to be you could destroy a neighbourhood (only) and there was no way to raise partisans even although there was a promotion for it.

The AI feels miles stronger. Not clever, but like it's just been given some enormous boosts.

It's teching centuries faster, finishing the culture tree ridiculously early, swarming masses of units, ICSing like a plague etc etc.

Modern techs / projects / units are so expensive now I struggle to get anywhere with science.

Yep, this feels more like Civ.

I'll agree it does feel a lot more competitive. I just watched a video where it took a walled city with almost no hesitation.

Of course it then immediately embarked most of its land units when the human player had two frigates and a caraval hanging around, so... yeah. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Still, there's been some progress.

Top Bottom