Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

If any of you would like to post the files with the different solutions, I would be very thankful. Or give me a quick guide how to change it my self. I can't start a new game without this bug working better.

I still cannot declare war with world builder. The Beyond the sword only has a cvworldbuilderscreen.py file I do not see a worldbuilderdiplomacy screen file to replace at all. Where do I put the file for cvworldbuilderdiplomacyscreen.py

It's a little outdated now with 3.17 being released, but the first version of Better BTS AI is posted here. It builds on Bhuric's last unofficial patch and so is for 3.13.

This is completely savegame compatible with 3.13 saves so if you're sticking with 3.13 for a little bit for whatever reason definitely check it out.

Firaxis did not fix the particular bug we found in 3.17 so there will soon be a version for 3.17 as well.

I still cannot declare war with world builder. The Beyond the sword only has a cvworldbuilderscreen.py file I do not see a worldbuilderdiplomacy screen file to replace at all. Where do I put the file for cvworldbuilderdiplomacyscreen.py

In the same place as the other screen file. If BTS doesn't have a particular file it usually just means it's using the version from vanilla but will then load the new one you put in the screen folder instead.

Firaxis did not fix the particular bug we found in 3.17 so there will soon be a version for 3.17 as well.

Thanks. I will be one of many checking it out when it comes around.:)

3.17 so far seems pretty solid so it's probably a good base to have AI tweaks added to.

I compared the two changelogs and only found 8 changes in Bhruic's patch that I did NOT find in the 3.17 patch changelog:

Vassal's spies will no longer be "caught" in your territory
Mouse-over for Join City now displays extra bonuses for Great People
Vassals freed by Capitulating Master no longer refuse to talk
Automated Workers will no longer idle in cities within 2 squares of a hostile border
Stolen techs can no longer be traded with No Tech Brokering enabled
AI Civs under Theocracy will no longer accept gifted Missionaries
Tweaks/bugfixes to improve starting city locations (thanks SevenSpirits)
Rivers added for starting locations will generate flood plains if they pass through desert tiles

So the "main" thing not fixed by 3.17 is the forest-of-doom starting location errors?

...and of course the 'recent' discussion of distance-ai-warfare-thingy.

So, unofficial hotfix for 3.17 comes out when ;)

So basically what I'm getting out of this is a lesser version of Bhruic's fixes?

No thanks.

I'll stick with 3.13 and Bhruic's work until there is a hotfix for 3.17.

At least they did finally put out a patch though. Kudos for that.

Technically the hotfixing of 3.17 already started.... Solver posted a fix for the lack of F9 info in No espionage game ;)

And SwordofStriker, there is more in the patch 3.17 than bugfixes... there is also some rebalancing issues ( like airships and destroyers ), a new scenario ( with potential but not well developed, unfortunately ) and some map scripts

Well, 3.17 does have an additional 100+ fixes/enhancements/gameplay changes on top of the unofficial patch. I am not sure why they left out the few ones they did. Basically, almost all of the changes they categorize as "AI" come from Bhruic's, the rest are mostly new. So the ideal would be to have a new unofficial patch that adds the ones they missed.

I compared the two changelogs and only found 8 changes in Bhruic's patch that I did NOT find in the 3.17 patch changelog:

Vassal's spies will no longer be "caught" in your territory
Mouse-over for Join City now displays extra bonuses for Great People
Vassals freed by Capitulating Master no longer refuse to talk
Automated Workers will no longer idle in cities within 2 squares of a hostile border
Stolen techs can no longer be traded with No Tech Brokering enabled
AI Civs under Theocracy will no longer accept gifted Missionaries
Tweaks/bugfixes to improve starting city locations (thanks SevenSpirits)
Rivers added for starting locations will generate flood plains if they pass through desert tiles
How about a list of changes in 3.17 that is not in Bhruic's? That might tell people if it's worth it to dump Bh and go to 3.17.

Wodan

Well, 3.17 does have an additional 100+ fixes/enhancements/gameplay changes on top of the unofficial patch. I am not sure why they left out the few ones they did. Basically, almost all of the changes they categorize as "AI" come from Bhruic's, the rest are mostly new. So the ideal would be to have a new unofficial patch that adds the ones they missed.
Actually the ideal would be to have that, plus others that Bh never got around to doing.

Wodan

In the same place as the other screen file. If BTS doesn't have a particular file it usually just means it's using the version from vanilla but will then load the new one you put in the screen folder instead.

I downloaded 3.17 so I will be using that. The main thing that I want to do is to be able to declare war with worldbuilder. I used to love making my own world war plots in the WW2 scenario by making Spain, Turkey, and everyone else enter the war. Now I cannot do that. I think it is dumb that they took it out and I will be checking if some one does a 3.17 and includes it in the patch.

So does this mean that I would have to delete the original cvworldbuilderscreen file or would I just add in the new diplomacy file and everything will be all set.

I believe Dale, says it best:

A lot of people think Bhruic "fixed" (I use the term losely) too much and re-broke some things. And a lot of people consider that Bhruic "fixed" (losely again) things that weren't broken.

So basically, ask anyone for a list of what needs fixing, and guarenteed EVERYONES list is different. And just because Bhruic "fixed" (yep, losely again) something doesn't mean that Firaxis considered it needed changing.

...Automated Workers will no longer idle in cities within 2 squares of a hostile border

The new patch did mention better worker thread assessment, just not specifically how it does that.

I strongly disagree with that statement. Before Bhruic attempted any *Fix* it was discussed with those that showed an interest.

Now if Dale, et al, did Not participate in those discussions whose fault is that? Bhruic's? :crazyeye:

Of course everyone has an opinion and a *voice* here if they wish to use them.

JosEPh

Top Bottom