Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

is this a bug or a random event??

It's a bit strange I don't play often but I've never seen this happen before at the very least I expect the opposing Civ to have a dominate culture in the area but he's no where near that city.

I have received this one a few times. I always reply with, "Well why don't Itanbul rightfully join my empire. It would make me quite pleased."

enemy chariots have the 100% bonus vs axemen in name only... as in, they have just their regular strength 4 when I attack (and crush) them with axemen... very strange indeed. My War Chariots function normally (with the bonus).
Unless something changed recently, chariots only get the bonus on attack, not defense. You're probably attacking with your War Chariots?

No, that would not have made it clearer to me.

Oh well, you can't win 'em all!

Very hestitantly, I'd now suggest this:

This supplementary patch addresses bugs/changes that don't need dll modification. Generally that means XML or PY files. I do not recommend overwriting your original files, although you can choose to do that (backup first!). Rather, the best way to handle the files in this patch is to place them in your CustomAssets folder. (If you’ve not modded your game, this folder will be empty.)​

Sorry I don't have a save for this but in the game I am playing right now the enemy chariots have the 100% bonus vs axemen in name only... as in, they have just their regular strength 4 when I attack (and crush) them with axemen... very strange indeed. My War Chariots function normally (with the bonus).

Might be worth a look?

Unless something changed recently, chariots only get the bonus on attack, not defense. You're probably attacking with your War Chariots?

Mike is right. Look at the doc more closely: Chariots get +100% Attack vs. Axemen.

I have received this one a few times. I always reply with, "Well why don't Itanbul rightfully join my empire. It would make me quite pleased."
I received this pop-up several times in one game. I was actually fiddling around with city naming and had used the world-builder to give me 70 settlers so I could test out the city names to make sure they displayed correctly. So in the year 3800 or so I had 70 cities, no military (because costs were disbanding my units), and I had made contact with all other civs (because I had so many cities all over the place). I'm still not sure why I was getting the pop-up. My empire had the highest score, the highest culture, and obviously the highest population at that time. I thought maybe I was over-extended and without military, and that's why the pop-up was coming up. But your screen-shot seems to only have 3 cities, so you're not really over-extended. Your economy is running at a deficit at the moment, so maybe that's a trigger for this event? It also looks to me like there is no military in either of the cities I can see. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I received this pop-up several times in one game. I was actually fiddling around with city naming and had used the world-builder to give me 70 settlers so I could test out the city names to make sure they displayed correctly. So in the year 3800 or so I had 70 cities, no military (because costs were disbanding my units), and I had made contact with all other civs (because I had so many cities all over the place). I'm still not sure why I was getting the pop-up. My empire had the highest score, the highest culture, and obviously the highest population at that time. I thought maybe I was over-extended and without military, and that's why the pop-up was coming up. But your screen-shot seems to only have 3 cities, so you're not really over-extended. Your economy is running at a deficit at the moment, so maybe that's a trigger for this event? It also looks to me like there is no military in either of the cities I can see. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I have a Military, 2 Warriors and 1 Chariot, 1 in each city (look closely), Yes I'm running a Deficit but at 80% science but I still don't understand why this event should pop up... *Shrugs* well it's only annoying if I Say no I Don't get a Penalty and I keep my city. i just just hope It doesn't reoccur too often. I understand if That city was a Colony which happened to be on the same island or nearby my Vassal then I'd gift the city to my Vassal but this is just a little bit strange.

Oh well, you can't win 'em all!

Very hestitantly, I'd now suggest this:

This supplementary patch addresses bugs/changes that don't need dll modification. Generally that means XML or PY files. I do not recommend overwriting your original files, although you can choose to do that (backup first!). Rather, the best way to handle the files in this patch is to place them in your CustomAssets folder. (If you’ve not modded your game, this folder will be empty.)​

Don't worry about that. It is no where near the most irritating or frustrating thing I have dealt with today.
If you care at all about that completely off-topic subject, you can read this:

Spoiler :
I spent the day trying to figure out how to get a copy of my church's web site to my computer so I can update it. I have FrontPage 2003, and I have to fetch the site via ftp, but it isn't working correctly. :mad: I have been trying to get help from a lot of sources, but so far, no joy.

I think you did a good job with this explanation. That would have been quite clear to me. :)
Thanks!

Spoiler :
I spent the day trying to figure out how to get a copy of my church's web site to my computer so I can update it. I have FrontPage 2003, and I have to fetch the site via ftp, but it isn't working correctly. :mad: I have been trying to get help from a lot of sources, but so far, no joy.

Spoiler :
Just log in via IE FTP and copy it like a normal folder. They should have given you an ID and password. Or just edit it while on-line.

...and now back to your regulalry scheduled program...

Sorry I don't have a save for this but in the game I am playing right now the enemy chariots have the 100% bonus vs axemen in name only... as in, they have just their regular strength 4 when I attack (and crush) them with axemen... very strange indeed. My War Chariots function normally (with the bonus).

Might be worth a look?

the 100% aren't given to your chariot, they are subtracted from the axemen.
also, they are only applied when attacking, not when defending.

is this a bug or a random event??

It's a bit strange I don't play often but I've never seen this happen before at the very least I expect the opposing Civ to have a dominate culture in the area but he's no where near that city.

I get this almost every game. Especially if I build a city outside of my area of influence (culture and religion) and close to a competing AI. My new city does not automatically get My Religion without me sending a missionary to it. SO the close AI's religious influence affects the pop in my new city, as does his culture. And then I get the msg, " The people of New Orleans rightfully ask to join so and so. X Leader would be so pleased. "

I just click deny or refuse and proceed on. It is annoying but there are reasons for it.

JosEPh

Ps. Hi Minor Annoyance long time no see! :wavey:

I get this almost every game. Especially if I build a city outside of my area of influence (culture and religion) and close to a competing AI. My new city does not automatically get My Religion without me sending a missionary to it. SO the close AI's religious influence affects the pop in my new city, as does his culture. And then I get the msg, " The people of New Orleans rightfully ask to join so and so. X Leader would be so pleased. "

I just click deny or refuse and proceed on. It is annoying but there are reasons for it.

JosEPh

If you select "no advice" (or something like that) in the game setup, you never get this message.

If you select "no advice" (or something like that) in the game setup, you never get this message.

That also is an option.

More important is that the pop up is actually an indicator. It points out that you need to expand your influence asap.

JosEPh

Ps.(OT) DrewBledsoe, the Cards Really need a QB! Can you help?

awww, then you'd miss the nonsensical ones like

:crazyeye:

I'm not sure if this example of bad A.I. or if I just didn't understand the situation but here's something that seems like an A.I. flaw.
France, which is technologically inferior and has a much smaller army compaired to Korea declares war on them and their vassal. They lose two cities pretty quickly and since I was planning to take France for myself I rush to attack France too. Then I get the chance to propose something in the Apostolic Palace, and the option to end the was against Korea is available, so I pick that hoping to have France to myself. Korea votes "Never!" since they're clearly going to win, but France votes No and it fails. This was with aggressive A.I. on, but I don't know if that means suicidal A.I.

Hi.

That also is an option.

More important is that the pop up is actually an indicator. It points out that you need to expand your influence asap.

JosEPh

Ps.(OT) DrewBledsoe, the Cards Really need a QB! Can you help?

Well if Vinny can put his zimmer frame down, and go out and throw a great game for the Panthers, then Im sure DB can for the Cards (if he wanted to );)

Did you wait until machineguns to build a siege unit just so you could see that message.

She's probably one of those players who realized that thanks to BtS's new espionage system and its option to have spies rip down city defenses, combined with the fact that siege units can't kill when attacking anymore, you don't need, and should never build, conventional siege units anymore.

I call such people intelligent players.

On another note, I see from looking at the latest changelog that this unofficial fixpatch has gone the way of so many other unofficial fixpatches, not just for Civ but for games in general, and started mixing in balance changes alongside bugfixes.

This makes me sad.

These things should be used to fix bugs, and nothing more.

Damn, I'm glad I downloaded and installed the patch back when it was just a fix to the major new bugs.

Top Bottom