Unruly vassals?

patriachica

Chieftain
I've found some awesome vassals mods, like Client States, and Puppet States and Capitulation, but (surprisingly?) very little to encourage unruly vassals.

I know a lot of people hate vassals, but I love them. One of my favorite RFCE gambits is waring against rival powers with the sole aim of flipping their vassals, or weakening cities so my vassals bear the cost of occupation. When a vassal breaks free, I rejoice, but it doesn't happen nearly often enough.

Anyway, I'm looking for ways to modify how vassals behave. Things I'd like to change:
  • threshold for declaring independence
  • diplomatic bonus/penalty of diplomatic actions
  • diplomatic options (maybe demand units on a regular basis?)
  • threshold for refusing demands (can't refuse cities?)
  • request to join your civ (gifting last city civ suicide?)
  • civil war event
  • AI unions between civs
  • demanding more gold than the vassal produces (forcing them to lower sci/cult)
  • lifting cap on vassal numbers (IIRC it's 6 by default)
  • same continent colonies

I'm basically trying to replace the early game land rush with a proliferation of vassals and balancing that with consolidation and elimination in the mid-game.

Some of these are probably just XML, some are mammoth SDK projects, and some have probably been done (or darn near). I'd sure like your suggestions, even if it's just to tell me where to look (or not bother trying).

client states xml lets you alter the independance thresholds.

I got knocked offline for a few days and played a few games with 'Client States' in the mean time. Vassalizing seems a lot harder than in BTS vanilla. I'm going to read through the thread because I think there was a discussion about it.

After trying to merge it with Puppet States (failed twice), and then trying to introduce new 'accept vassal if elimination is immanent' conditions into the CvGameCoreDLL, I've developed some serious respect for 'Client States'. That was not a small project.

I think it can do most of what I'd like with minimal changes (if I get any good at C++).

Top Bottom