1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Updated Fortified Alert 1.11

Added Guard command in new experimental version

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Good to know.

2. bladex

bladex Chieftain

Samaria declared a surprise war and his units are everywhere on my border. i have units there on guard but they never woke up had to do it manually.

3. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

Was this a saved game? Unfortunately I currently have no idea how to save which units are on guard, hopefully if tools come out I can change that. If this wasn't a saved could you post your lua log so I can check if something is wrong?

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Same here. Units on guard don't wake when enemies are near, nor when they are attacked. At the same time a unit on guard wakes up every turn even though no enemies are in range. Very weird. (Not a savedgame, latest version in use.)

This doesn't happen consistently though: unit on guard will wake for barbarians near. Could it be related to unit classes?

5. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

Unit classes shouldn't matter, the code just checks to see if players are at war. I ran a test and they all woke around enemies for me. Of course, I had to declare war on them, so don't know if the ai declaring war acts differently, though I don't see why that would matter. I also had changed the code to a simpler method of getting plots, but don't think that affected it. I will test some more and see what I can find.

6. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

OK. I noticed the turn alert has gone. I didn't mind it, except the sound was perhaps a bit loud. Since especially late game turns tend to be longer, it was actually quite handy.

7. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

oh, I took out because I found an xml setting for so thought lua was pointless.
    To add sound to turn open TurnPhases.xml in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data

look for this around line 28:
    Code:
    <Row TurnSegmentType="TURNSEG_SINGLEPLAYER" DisplayName=""                            Sound=""                                    AllowStrategicCommands="true"   AllowTacticalCommands="true"    TimeLimit_Base ="30"   TimeLimit_PerCity="10"   TimeLimit_PerUnit="5"/>
    and you can either paste in the sound mod was using:
    Play_MP_Game_Launch_Timer_Beep
    which is a bit louder, or the one from the row directly beneath:
    Play_MP_Strategic_Turn_Start

I had posted about it in turn chime thread, and forgot to add here, sorry.

8. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

OK then. ;)

9. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

gyogen2 updated Updated Fortified Alert with a new update entry:

Alert Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. Robert Smith

Robert Smith Chieftain

I guess this mod become obsolete with winter patch

11. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

It appears so. Thank you for your efforts @gyogen2 for helping us out until an official fix was released in the patch!

12. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Chieftain

Sadly seems like it. Thanks @gyogen2 , looking forward to seeing what else you come up with. Have a happy/merry/(insert what ever you would say before the holiday you celebrate) holiday/Christmas/(Insert the holiday you celebrate.)

13. Horem

Horem Chieftain

Im not so sure this mod is Obsolete. The Alert that was added in the Winter Patch doesnt really work correctly, barbarians do not seem to wake up units on Alert neither do Boats that pass by or attack cities with a unit on alert, very anoying tbh.
    @gyogen2 - Maybe you could mess with the Firaxis code an update it so it acts more like this mod used too??

14. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I may have spoken too soon. After I wrote my above reply, I went over to the General Discussions forum and there were several threads were people were complaining that Firaxis's Alert isn't working properly. It seems setting a unit to Alert doesn't actually wake it up when an enemy is near. So it looks like this mod might still be needed after all.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Horem (thanks to a coworker interrupting me while I was in the middle of stealthily typing at my desk)

Lewi11 likes this.
  15. jakob51

jakob51 Chieftain

I can confirm that the new 'Alert' function included in the latest patch is not working correctly, I've had a number of times in my current game I am playing where a Barbarian Scout, Slinger, Warrior, Horseman or Horse Archer have come right up next to an Archer set on the new Alert function and they have not woken up at all, and nor did they when Germany declared war on me and had units within sight range of a couple of my upgraded crossbowmen (who I had stationed near the border on Alert in case Germany attacked me). My current game I am playing with this mod disabled to see if the new Alert function is functional and so far it is completely useless, or at least for me anyway. This mod is most certainly still needed until Firaxis fixes their broken code or basically just cuts and pastes the code from this mod or Civ V in the next patch, which will hopefully also include the proper modding tools so that these sorts of problems can be fixed much quicker than they currently are able to be.

16. bladex

bladex Chieftain

firaxis have just lost it lately i'm convinced they have no clue what they are doing anymore

Lewi11 likes this.
  17. Lewi11

Lewi11 Chieftain

Another mod that has improved an issue better than the developers have. Well done and thanks.

18. nemlasrd

nemlasrd Chieftain

No. this MOD is not obsolete at all. Firaxis patches are not working properly, in some cases not working at all.
    I strongly hope gyogen2 give us better updates to avoid what patches have. It's impossible to play in the current way with huge maps.

19. plus

plus Chieftain

since the 2017 latest patch alert again not working...i tried your mod but it crashed game on start.pls pls any way to update this mod or any reason why it crashes game?