1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Updated Fortified Alert 1.11

Added Guard command in new experimental version

1. lifemare

lifemare Chieftain

@gyogen2 Would it be possible to mod the same alert mechanic for apostles and missionaries when spotting enemy religious units?

I go for religious battle in my plays - gives better conversion values, keeps the enemy from amassing missionaries and when my apostles die i get a nice little relic to attract tourists (St. Michel wonder gives everyone Martyrdom).

So i usually station apostles next to enemy shrines and then have to be checking every site every turn to see if they spawn. That gets old fast and i often just end up forgetting about them until i start seeing enemy missionaries outside my city walls.

Having fortified alert would make this so easier. And it just makes sense that they should have it.

2. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

It should be possible, I'll look into it and let you know

3. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

5. zazazuzu

zazazuzu Chieftain

This is called the update for Fortified Alert, but when you download and extract, the name is AlertGuard. Then when you go to select it in game, it's called Guard and Chime. Why so many different names, which is it? Should AlertGuard replace the previous Fortified Alert folder? I unfortunately deleted the Fortified Alert folder, so now I'm not sure if I need to keep it, alongside the new AlertGuard folder aka Guard and Chime.

6. lifemare

lifemare Chieftain

Outstanding! Thank you gyogen!

Starting a new game right now. I'll let you know if there's any issues.

7. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

Sorry for the confusion. It is basically due to the evolution of the mod, and to reflect changes for users who had requested certain things. Fortified alert was when it just woke fortified units, alert guard is because a guard operation was added. As far as mod name in game, honestly forgot to change it:crazyeye:
    You only need one version of the mod, if you are using the latest, you can delete others (since hotkey was added it uses a different lua file).

8. zazazuzu

zazazuzu Chieftain

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Didn't mean to sound testy, but I hadn't had any coffee yet. Love the mod!

9. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

No problem, I understand the confusion. Should have fixed all the names, but was focused mainly on getting it to work.

10. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

11. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Chieftain

This mod and Quick UI have both UnitPanel.lua in them. With v1.06 I could just copy AlertGuard Unitpanel.lua to the correct folder in Quick UI and overwrite. And both mods seemed to work.
    On v1.07 that doesn't fly (Quick UI is not "flying"), and I can't see why, looking at your UnitPanel.lua v1.06 vs 1.07... My head hurts :(

If anyone sees the reason for my issues, please be blunt and smack me over my head.
    I deserve it, fiddling with such great mods.

I'll use your mod v 1.06, for now.

12. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

The only change between the two are checks for the adjacent plots to make sure they are not nil, not sure why that would make a difference. When I have time I will download quick UI and see if they can merge. Unfortunately, until mod tools come out I can't use any other lua and get the operation to appear and be usable.

13. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Chieftain

Ohh... Shame on me. I forgot I started to use "More Lenses". That has MinimapPanel.lua in common with Quick UI.

Don't bother with Quick UI, its have already incorporated several other mods, and is still in Alpha stage. I'll suggest we wait for proper tools for making and installing mods, with better ways to handle conflicts.
    I'll be here in fools corner, and yes, you may laugh at me and point. This was a rookie mistake, I'm sorry.

14. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

Thanks for letting me know, and don't worry about, I'm king of forgetting, hence several of the updates:crazyeye:

15. Mentos

Mentos Prince

I also had noticed some wake-ups of military units by foreign religious units in my last session. They were from an allied AI.
    I play with border-control of religious units that they can't enter foreign territory without war/open border. I can't remember that other religious AI-units had waken any of my units before an Alliance, as the AI often sends masses around to fool around my borders.

16. Civ.exe Error

Civ.exe Error RoZpierdalacz

Hi, nice mod but is there a way to turn off the next turn sound it's very annoying

17. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

Yes, this was a requested feature, so I put how to turn it off in overview.
    Around line 3722 of the UnitPanel.lua you can either completely take out this section:
    Code:
    ---------------------Turn A;ert -----------------------------
        local pPlayer = Players[iPLayer];
        if pPlayer:IsHuman() then
        UI.PlaySound("Play_MP_Game_Launch_Timer_Beep"); ----------edit to change sound
        end
    or just comment out the UI.PlaySound line.

18. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Chieftain

Same as Gyogen2 said, or you could use the basic note pad, hit CRTL + F, then type in "a;ert" (spelling was intended to have the ";".) and find it that way.

19. Civ.exe Error

Civ.exe Error RoZpierdalacz

Thanks to both of you and again very nice mod Gyogen2.

20. badbonez

badbonez Chieftain

Thanks! This game needs a lot of work, but an Alert function was near the top of my list. So annoying that Firaxis would just drop that from their game.