Useful Patches for Civ 3 Conquests v1.22

I only discovered this patch now. A pity Antal is gone for good. Such great work. So, what's the status now? Is the patch working for Civ3 complete (had to buy it online as my disc wouldn't work after many years of use)?

I only discovered this patch now. A pity Antal is gone for good. Such great work. So, what's the status now? Is the patch working for Civ3 complete (had to buy it online as my disc wouldn't work after many years of use)?

Should work fine.

Great, thanks. Going to try it out soon.

Yes, it works with CivComplete and the next version of CCM will hold the Antal-4 patch, that additionally has the no-cd patch and can start the game directly (what is important with Win 10). It is a wonderful work of Antal 1987. :)

Which patch are you talking about, that works with CivComplete? Because I couldn't get any of these to work, and I have Civ Complete. I had just assumed that he was using the CivConquests exe as his starting point.

Patch_v4. Simply put it in the C3C mainfolder, make a connection to your desktop and click on it.

I have been playing with Kunckles' No Raze, No City Limit, No Unit Limit patch and Antal's Patch v1 + No Raze + No City Limit. I am encountering the same issue with both. I am playing on a 224 x 200 map with 512 preplaced cities using generic, unmodded Conquests rules. There are also 50 preplaced settler units, which I use to build additional cities on the first turn. I can build 44 additional cities, for a total of 556. However, when I try to build city number 557, the game crashes. Anybody have any idea what the problem is?

I have been playing with Kunckles' No Raze, No City Limit, No Unit Limit patch and Antal's Patch v1 + No Raze + No City Limit. I am encountering the same issue with both. I am playing on a 224 x 200 map with 512 preplaced cities using generic, unmodded Conquests rules. There are also 50 preplaced settler units, which I use to build additional cities on the first turn. I can build 44 additional cities, for a total of 556. However, when I try to build city number 557, the game crashes. Anybody have any idea what the problem is?

Although the .exe allows more than 512 cities, there is still a maximum number of possible cities depending on the size of the map. To my knowledge, no one has done the math to figure out the exact formula, but the only way to squeeze more in is to expand the map size. Alternately, you can also lower the culture needed for city expansion (in the General Settings tab) to make each city radius larger, allowing you to spread cities out where necessary.

Although the .exe allows more than 512 cities, there is still a maximum number of possible cities depending on the size of the map. To my knowledge, no one has done the math to figure out the exact formula, but the only way to squeeze more in is to expand the map size. Alternately, you can also lower the culture needed for city expansion (in the General Settings tab) to make each city radius larger, allowing you to spread cities out where necessary.

In case you've reached this limit on the pre-made scenario, the scenario won't load. I have tried to cheat the game by preplacing Settlers and try to find more cities, but it also caused the game to crash. Also there are few bugs that AFAIK nobody posted yet and I am not certain if they reproduce in 100% cases. These incluse inability to trade some cities (probably those that are more than 512?) to AI, reporting that some Wonders of the World are located in the last created city, while in fact they are not...

In case you've reached this limit on the pre-made scenario, the scenario won't load. I have tried to cheat the game by preplacing Settlers and try to find more cities, but it also caused the game to crash. Also there are few bugs that AFAIK nobody posted yet and I am not certain if they reproduce in 100% cases. These incluse inability to trade some cities (probably those that are more than 512?) to AI, reporting that some Wonders of the World are located in the last created city, while in fact they are not...

Thanks! I will experiment with a larger map. My current scenario map is 224 x 220 and has plenty of empty spaces with 512 (or even 556) cities, so it never occurred to me that I might need a bigger map.

Following your suggestion, I generated a random 360 x 360 map and preplaced 512 cities. I placed a bunch of settlers around the map and started the game. I was able, as I was before with a smaller map, to build 44 additional cities, raising the total to 556. However, when I attempted to build the 557th city, the game crashed, just as it did using the smaller map. Any other ideas? Do you know if anyone has ever succeeded in building more the 556 cities?

I'm very interested in this! However, I must ask: If I install the v8 patch, will this throw any wrenches into the software as we know it? In other words, will customized scenarios work OK? Will anything get deleted?

Also, what are the canals and the bridges?

The patch won’t have any effect outside of the game you’re playing. It works as an alternative to the button used to start playing Civilisation.
The only negative consequence to using the patch is that; a game saved using the patch must continue to be played with that patch.
The new button can sit next to the original one so you can chose between them when you start a new game.

The canals are just the ability to place cities next to one another. This allows ships to sail through the line of cities.
I don’t know about the bridges though.

SteamCiv
If the sub-bug gets too annoying; you can make all naval units detect invisible or make your subs hidden nationality.

Thank you for those suggestions! Maybe you'll discover how to solve it yet. I always like Civ 3, it is easier to see things on the map compared to its graphically complex successors.

Hello, I was told by another user in the Civ 3 Discrussion Forums to seek this patch for the sake of seeking the No Raze Patch for this mod I've got. However, the No Raze Patch doesn't work for me (I have an original CD copy of Civilization 3 Complete, Version 1.22, which I had been using since 2007).

Which version has the No Raze Patch? Which one is suitable for the Civ3 Complete?

Top Bottom